First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
I'm so ticked off.... I was going to work on the highway (3 lane area - In middle lane) going just under 70mph - and at 230am to boot - and out of nowhere a vehicle rear ends me.... Found out it's stolen and the operator was no where to be found when law enforcement showed up on scene. I've had my truck since August of last year.... Not even a year and a situation that I'm not at fault for... gets my blood boiling.
This has been a long day.... Thankfully I'm not injured beyond the usual soreness. Now to find a body shop and mechanic in Columbus to get estimates and see what kinda damage was done..... I'm not comfortable with the thought of the damage that isn't noticeable now due to the incident.

Anyways - end ranting...

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG
Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUS, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I just had that happen to my Gladiator, in the exact same spot, but above the taillight. Luckily the tailgate didn't have any damage. Cost about $500 to fix the corner and paint it.

Deleted member 30519

I got rear ended on the passenger side rear bumper corner but the plastic sport bumpers are so weak it pushed into my rear bed panel and had to get a whole new bed panel and tailgate. A steal rear bumper should be anyones first mod after getting a new JT. You can see the warped metal in this photo.

IMG_20200801_141238.jpg

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
Sorry, that happens glad your okay, you must have done a decent job of keeping it on 4 wheels... so there’s that...

Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I'd start at Performance on Georgesville Rd., then Crown in Dublin to get two "dealer" prices. Then 3C Body Shop as they advertise that they insist on using OEM replacement parts. If it's significant, take it to your insurance Co. and file before you authorize any work.
I'm in Westerville if I can be of any help? Lemme know...

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Sorry to hear this happen.

Hard working honest Americans that pay their bills and want something nice having to pay for those that don’t follow the rules or pay their damn bills.

salcosta

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Senior Client Relations Manager
My 2020 Wrangler that I had for 7 months was rear-ended early April & was totaled too...but, on the bright side, no one was hurt & just picked up a ‘21 Gladiator!

F10CE408-EBA4-44A7-8FFD-52BE8693BC09.jpeg

7BB89CB0-E736-434F-9727-F87A3D95787A.jpeg

8651708A-683D-4F93-9C8D-1A81E4E193B3.jpeg

6330B652-6A91-45F1-8C02-08E72AD3A28F.jpeg

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
You got hit while traveling near 70mph in a light weight truck and kept it on the road and upright? I’m impressed, that must have been terrifying. Glad you made it out of that ok.

Sponsored

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Glad you are all right, my 2020 punkin orange gladiator was rear ended not once but twice, sorry to hear about the other person leaving the scene, hope it all works out.

OP
OP
IamWardicus

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
I'd start at Performance on Georgesville Rd., then Crown in Dublin to get two "dealer" prices. Then 3C Body Shop as they advertise that they insist on using OEM replacement parts. If it's significant, take it to your insurance Co. and file before you authorize any work.
I'm in Westerville if I can be of any help? Lemme know...
I work at thePlain City Costco and usually goto Crown for dealer stuff and Performance is my other go-to. Thank you for the body shop recommendation as it was something I’m not sure about. This is my first new vehicle and first accident.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Make sure you look into your states diminished value laws. Any accident makes your vehicle less valuable on resale even after it’s fixed. Just think, if you see two vehicles the same mileage and year and one has an accident, which would you pick? Some states have laws in place to force your insurance to compensate for that loss.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Ahhhhh! I feel for ya, dangit! hope everyone is okay and that the Ins company treats you more than fare.

Renoraines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Mojave
Occupation
Oil and gas.
dang, that sucks. Hope you fair well and no unexpected health incidents arise.

First new Vehichle i ever bought was rear ended, i was at a stop other dude hit my full ton doing 55, he was in a 1/2 ton. Over $20k in damage. Body show was going to replace the bed panel but had an apprentice repair and install it and fix the tailgate for practice. Did such a good job shop owner called me to show me and told me if I was happy with it he’d leave it on and take the money that woulda be spent on it towards some ranch hands and a aux tank/toolbox i had ordered. Free upgrades. I’m sure he made some coin on it too. But I was happy.

Hope you come out better than before.
Sponsored