Sponsored

Soft paint. Hand wash only.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Really? I was under the impression only painted fenders have PPF on JT/JLs.
I added it. Only the rear painted fenders have PPF from the factory and it's not very thick.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha, misread the comment. How much did PPF cost on each?
It was just shy of $5k to have the entire vehicle covered on the Gladiator. It's about half that on the two door (or will be; waiting on delivery). Expensive yes. But pin striping will annoy the shit out of me and I'd just end up repainting it for that price (or more) anyway. I figure now I won't have to do that, nor will I have to stare at pin striping all the time.

Last edited:

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
I was adamant with my sales person to not allow my ordered JT to get washed or the interior detail, or I wasn't going to purchase it. I understand how the car wash person at the dealerships treats new soft paint with loving and delicate care, a little speck of dirt, no problem the 5-Giga psi power washer will remove it.

Also, no dealership stickers, and above all NO DAMN TIRE SHINE.

old-man-yells-at-cloud-blank-template-imgflip-50553079.png
Ha ha, my dealer got my vehicle from another dealer and still put his dealer decal on it - first thing I removed when I got home.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I got PPF on fenders, but only partial on the rear where it faces forward. The front fenders are completely covered.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got PPF on fenders, but only partial on the rear where it faces forward. The front fenders are completely covered.
Assuming that's from factory that's interesting. My JLUR didn't have that -- thought I added it, but maybe I'm wrong and it did. I did the full front end treatment of PPF on the 4 door knowing I wasn't keeping it longer than 4 years

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My dealer only did the edges of the 4 doors to protect against banging on objects.

I don't have any of the front protected.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer only did the edges of the 4 doors to protect against banging on objects.

I don't have any of the front protected.
Might be less of an issue as well in San Diego. Granted, Wranglers are taller up and with a bug deflector you can probably skirt a lot of the rock chips. But overall, should have seen my wife's 320i without PPF after 3 years. Probably a solid 75 rock chips and literally full paint coming off. Cost me about $300 in damage fees. Still cheaper than PPF though.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The rock chips have gone through the PPF on my other cars and it looked like someone took a nail clipper to it. Get the thicker one and don't skimp for sure.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rock chips have gone through the PPF on my other cars and it looked like someone took a nail clipper to it. Get the thicker one and don't skimp for sure.
+1 to that. I went with the ~11 mil thick Xpel this time as opposed to the previous generation 8 mil. I have a few chips as well on the 4 door that went through the PPF (i.e., damaged it) but that did not actually damage the paint. I probably could have had those few spots repaired but never bothered.
Sponsored