First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Peeps!
I KNOW this is going to sound stupid. but does anyone take your JT (premium soft top) to car washes? are these do's and dont's with our jeeps? i'm hesitant to bring to just any car wash. whether it be a quick gas station or a luxury car wash! any thoughts?

ive been just doing it my self but would like to take a breather and have someone else do it.

thanks!
I use the Sam's Club touchless with no issues. It costs around $7 and works well.
Sponsored

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Home washes for me or the DIY spray and then drive home and do a rinseless wash to perfect it. I rarely get mine muddy, so in the summer I am always doing rinseless washes followed up by a detail spray or wax. Winter is rough, I do the coin washes and then come home and touch it up.

OL1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTLE Black, 2018 JLRU White, 1967 Corvette Converible, 2011 997.2 TTS
I prefer washing at home because I actually enjoy it and gives me and my daughter something to do together where I can reward her and the pooch with a trip to Dairy Queen. That being said, DQ is closed in the winter and I take my hard top gladiator lifted on 37x12.15x17’s through the car was no problem.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer to wash it myself but I do take it thru the automated car wash when its cold like now. not a problem, great way to test for leaks too, none so far.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Good washings/detail at home. If it gets a lil dirty I take it to the DIY and Spot Free Rinse for $2. If too lazy/cold/salty I go laserwash for a quick basic wash.

I will never go to a brush wash.

Sponsored

ButinJeep22

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I took mine and had it washed/detailed. I've got the hard top, but the factory roll up bed cover. There were no issues at all, and they did a great job. I wouldn't worry about treating this thing any differently than any other pickup truck....just wayyyy more fun.
So you had no issue with the factory roll-up bed going through the car wash? that was one of the big questions i had with my new gladi. wasn't sure if the bed cover could go through the wash or not.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I live in an area of town where my $63k Gladiator qualifies me as riff-raff. When you pull up to my local car was you will see everything from Range Rover to Maserati to the occasional Ferrari. I have never seen or heard of any damage from the soft cloth car wash. Especially if the guys loading the wash bay use the pressure wand to knock all of the big dirt off before they send any cars in.

This particular wash even has some of those big blower blades at the end to blow the water off and the roll up tonneau cover will flap a little but it doesn't come loose or leak anymore than it does under normal conditions (which isn't much at all.)

ButinJeep22

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I live in an area of town where my $63k Gladiator qualifies me as riff-raff. When you pull up to my local car was you will see everything from Range Rover to Maserati to the occasional Ferrari. I have never seen or heard of any damage from the soft cloth car wash. Especially if the guys loading the wash bay use the pressure wand to knock all of the big dirt off before they send any cars in.

This particular wash even has some of those big blower blades at the end to blow the water off and the roll up tonneau cover will flap a little but it doesn't come loose or leak anymore than it does under normal conditions (which isn't much at all.)
thanks. good point with the blower at the end.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Ran my Land Rover Defender 90 through car washes for 10 years with no serious ill effects. The top was also manufactured by Bestop. I see many Wranglers at the car washes around town that seem to be doing fine as well. I would have really liked a soft top Gladiator but I was really surprised to find that it doesn’t really fold down all the way. I found The way the top sticks up in the air when in the open position to be, not only goofy, but unusable for my garage door height with a lift and 35 inch tires, therefore, I am limited to just driving with the hard top removed which is OK.

I really think if they would’ve put their mind to it, they could’ve made a soft top that actually folds “down “instead of way up in the air.
Sponsored