jo.jacques

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Willys - Sting Grey
I probably do too much:
Foam cannon with bilt hamber auto foam , sit for five or minutes, power wash off.
Foam again, microfiber mitt rub down (dunk mitt in water bucket with each panel), power wash off.
tw hybrid wet wax and microfiber cloth to dry.
writing it down sounds like a bunch but it goes pretty quickly. Faster than me driving to the nearest car wash.
Yep, same here. I know "its a Jeep and its supposed to be dirty" but cleaning my truck/car is just like meditation for me. Put on some music, crack one open, and enjoy a beautiful day.

Once im done with the "body cleaning" routine, I generally:
- Apply plastic/vinyl conditioner on my unpainted fenders and tonneau cover
-Clean glasses inside and outside with microfiber and vinegar
-Do 10-15 passes with a microfiber cloth to catch any drips from all these panels (I know, Im crazy)
-Stare at my amazing truck from a distance for a good 30minutes
Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Mopar car was concentrate, two bucket with a microfiber mit.

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
I go for longevity over deep shine. I wash and dry with microfiber, then do 2 coats of Collinite 845 Insulator Wax and Power Lock. Itā€™s a pain in the ___ to put on, but it protects for 6 months or more. During that time, I usually just hose off.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
I typically hand wash each of my cars once a week. I use Meguiar's Wash and Wax followed up with Griot's spray wax while I'm drying them. Then the wheels get cleaned with Griot's wheel cleaner using their wands to get into the barrels.

In the winter, when it's below freezing and I can't wash myself, I keep a monthly account at the local car wash so I can get them washed every day if I want.

Unfortunately, they just sold the local car wash at the end of January and the new owners have stripped it to replace with new equipment. So, today I whipped up a quick under-carriage sprayer to get the underneath salt off.

Jeep Gladiator What's your exterior car wash routine? IMG_39

MikeyK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
Motherā€™s car wash with a few drops of rinse aid and Dawnā€¦different sponge for top and bottomā€¦ dry with soft towelā€¦hate water spots šŸ˜‚

Driveā€¦get dirtyā€¦repeat šŸ‘

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Rain. Which isn't much in SoCal. Ha.

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
Can wash right before it rains apparently

Pakdoc

First Name
Emery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Dentist
I bought mine in GATOR color. Washed it twice in a year and a half. Did use NuFinish!

maddocmuc

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Physician
Vehicle Showcase
Rainā€¦..

DPF140

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineering Technical Director
Motherā€™s car wash with a few drops of rinse aid and Dawnā€¦different sponge for top and bottomā€¦ dry with soft towelā€¦hate water spots šŸ˜‚

Driveā€¦get dirtyā€¦repeat šŸ‘
What drilled hole size did you go with? 1/8"? Ive considered making one of these for a while but thought I would need some kind of "V" shape... but if straight holes work well, I'm gonna give it a go!

Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
What drilled hole size did you go with? 1/8"? Ive considered making one of these for a while but thought I would need some kind of "V" shape... but if straight holes work well, I'm gonna give it a go!
I'm guessing you are asking me?

Yes, I drilled 1/8" holes. 5 each per side of the T connector. Of the 5 on each side, I drilled 3 straight and 2 at a slight angle. In the photo below, I have it hooked up to an expandable hose (it was about 30 degrees out) so I lose some pressure. It still sprays about 2' high.

With my normal garden hose, the pressure will be better and therefore should spray higher. I suggest slightly smaller holes if you do not have decent water pressure.

Of course, you could always lift it up if it doesn't spray high enough for you. I wanted to be able to just slide it underneath while it sprays up.

Jeep Gladiator What's your exterior car wash routine? washer

DPF140

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineering Technical Director
I'm guessing you are asking me?

Yes, I drilled 1/8" holes. 5 each per side of the T connector. Of the 5 on each side, I drilled 3 straight and 2 at a slight angle. In the photo below, I have it hooked up to an expandable hose (it was about 30 degrees out) so I lose some pressure. It still sprays about 2' high.

With my normal garden hose, the pressure will be better and therefore should spray higher. I suggest slightly smaller holes if you do not have decent water pressure.

Of course, you could always lift it up if it doesn't spray high enough for you. I wanted to be able to just slide it underneath while it sprays up.

Jeep Gladiator What's your exterior car wash routine? washer
Yes, thank you! I have a heated garage with hot water so I like to quickly hose off my cars when the roads are extra sloppy. This would be perfect cause my main focus is undercarriage and fender wells. Iā€™m just aiming to knock off the majority of the brine and clumps of salt to slow down the rust. Lord knows you canā€™t really avoid it around the Great Lakes!

Iowafarm

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Chevy Camaro SS, HD Wideglide
Occupation
Farmer
I was mine at east once a week. And in the winter after it snows or we get ice on the roads I underbody wash. Have a stand by pressure washer with a burner and soap injection. I use mostly meguiar's for my cleaning because that is what my parts guy sells.

20220331_164321.jpg

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
bought the HF electric pressure washer, converter, Microfiber on a pole, and a foam cannon off amazon.

Pressure wash it to remove anything loose and large
Foam Cannon
Hit the big areas wit the microfiber on the pole
Take the microfiber off and hit the "detail areas", around the taillights, door handles, fender to grill area, ect...
Pressure wash the foam off
Either dry with a leaf blower, or hit the interstate for a mile or two.

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave 2023 Bright White
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
2 bucket wash every two weeks with:

https://a.co/d/9K5PNKp
Optimum No Rinse
and
https://a.co/d/ibIVMY9
Adams Detail Spray as drying agent.
or
https://a.co/d/93VhMOx
Alternative to Adams Detail Spray is Turtle Wax Wet Wax.

Though the TW Wet Wax gives a better shine which is a transparent spray, on white color, Adams Detail Spray which is pink in color is easy to wipe off without missing some spots and avoids over spraying.
Sponsored