Twill fabric soft top in car wash

RedOverland

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Does anyone have experience using automatic car washes with a premium soft top? I don’t know if I want to use one, but it would be good to know if the Gladiator would make it through without any issues (e.g. wear, water leaks, soap residue, etc.).
Thanks!
Sponsored

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I can’t comment on the gladiator but I had a 16 JKU and 19 JLU with the premium twill top and have taken them through multiple touch less car washes with no adverse affects. I wouldn’t take any of my vehicles through a non-touch less wash, especially a soft top.

Skull

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Aircraft Technician
Does anyone have experience using automatic car washes with a premium soft top? I don’t know if I want to use one, but it would be good to know if the Gladiator would make it through without any issues (e.g. wear, water leaks, soap residue, etc.).
Thanks!
Use touch less all the time

Sponsored

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
Same. I will say when I drive under those mega blowers to dry it off I will get the front/hood then scoot through to the bed pretty quickly. The tornadic winds blowing on the top like that just make me nervous. I just drive real fast on the way home to get an all natural blow dry :)

OP
OP

RedOverland

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Yeah, I’ve seen my windshield wipers moving on other vehicles with the blowers, so I could see the top flopping around more than I would like.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have done Touchless and Touch many times and had not issues. I do get a better wash out of the Touch one though.
I agree 100% that touch is much better wash - so much so that I won’t spend my money on a touchless anymore. They all leave a film of dirt all over the vehicle so I consider them a complete waste of money. I’ll either wash it the old fashioned way in my driveway or take it through a wash with proper brushes to scrub the dirt away. I only use a newer car wash that maintains its equipment, and I’ve never had any problems with any of my convertible tops. My JT has a twill Bestop Sunrider and it doesn’t leak in the wash, and we’ve always got at least two other convertibles in the family. All of them go through the wash just fine.