SOLVED: Popular Equipment Package...Here’s what I need to know

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
So, I ordered a JT Sport the other day and below is my order sheet. The popular equipment package comes with technology, convenience, hard top and tow package (max tow anyway so a non-issue). Everywhere I’ve seen (order guide, window stickers, jeep website builder) it‘s $1395 and actually includes what it’s supposed to at no additional cost. However, every time someone posts their order sheet including mine, the convenience and/or technology are listed in addition to it. Now, the dealer assured me that they can’t do anything about it, as their system requires it this way and that if it is incorrect it will be adjusted on the window sticker.

So, for those Sport S buyers who have taken delivery of an order with the popular equipment package, are they showing up as separate items on your window stickers? Collectively, my order shows $1595 (instead of $1395) plus $395 and $995. It comes out to $2985 for these items, instead of $1395, a $1590 DIFFERENCE! THAT CAN’T BE RIGHT!

Jeep Gladiator SOLVED: Popular Equipment Package...Here’s what I need to know 23F329D2-E149-421E-9CBE-A90D61054171
Sponsored

OP
OP
NYC-4X4

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll also add that I have even seen window stickers with the max tow only $1045 because of the regular tow package already included. I know the price may go up a bit each month, but not over $1500.

gpwrang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ 2021 Hydro Blue JTSS MAX TOW
Here is my POC from September 2020 and a page of my build sheet

Jeep Gladiator SOLVED: Popular Equipment Package...Here’s what I need to know 1609883900446

Jeep Gladiator SOLVED: Popular Equipment Package...Here’s what I need to know 1609884095309

F3Orangeman

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTOD, ’02 F-150 SCrew
Occupation
Stay-at-Home Financial Analyst (thanks to COVID)
@NYC-4X4 what did your dealer quote you on the price, or is that going to be determined at delivery?

OP
OP
NYC-4X4

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is my POC from September 2020 and a page of my build sheet

Jeep Gladiator SOLVED: Popular Equipment Package...Here’s what I need to know 1609884095309

So, when you took delivery, only the popular equipment package showed up on your sticker for a single cost? I understand that the package price may have now gone up to $1595, which is fine if that’s the case, but it better include the stuff that’s actually in the package when I take delivery. I‘m not paying for it twice, that’s the whole incentive of getting the full package.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NYC-4X4

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@NYC-4X4 what did your dealer quote you on the price, or is that going to be determined at delivery?
I will get 7% below invoice, whatever it comes out to. I did not sign on this price as I feel it is wrong and subject to change. So I will have to wait and see. The dealer actually showed me that his system requires it this way from Jeep and other dealers I have seen and heard the same thing. That’s why I am wondering what the outcome is for people. The popular equipment package does not include what it is supposed to if you end up paying for the included packages separately anyway!

F3Orangeman

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTOD, ’02 F-150 SCrew
Occupation
Stay-at-Home Financial Analyst (thanks to COVID)
I will get 7% below invoice, whatever it comes out to. I did not sign on this price as I feel it is wrong and subject to change. So I will have to wait and see. The dealer actually showed me that his system requires it this way from Jeep and other dealers I have seen and heard the same thing. That’s why I am wondering what the outcome is for people. The popular equipment package does not include what it is supposed to if you end up paying for the included packages separately anyway!
Great price! I will get 6% or 7% below too.

I did a quick look at a local dealer’s window stickers and see that sport S with PEP at 1,395 lists all the options included, and those are not additional packages with extra costs. My guess is that the POC sheet won‘t be the final window sticker and you’ll get the expected price. I also believe that the MSRP and invoice prices are set at order time, not delivery time, so any additional increases will not apply. But damn if that POC is not confusing!

OP
OP
NYC-4X4

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
7 percent nice! I got 5% on the mojave I just ordered today
Curious where you ordered, in NJ? I’m in NY and ordered from MD.

Hardhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Ram Diesel, 95 Jeep Wrangler, 21 Jeep Gladiator
Curious where you ordered, in NJ? I’m in NY and ordered from MD.
I ordered from coatesville PA. Should of went to MD. I was tempter to go to TN For 8% but for the difference it wasnt worth 10 hours each way to me. Coatseville is only 50 minutes away. Local dealer wanted 5k down and only guaranteed price if they had 2000 cash back 🤣

Sponsored

OP
OP
NYC-4X4

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great price! I will get 6% or 7% below too.

I did a quick look at a local dealer’s window stickers and see that sport S with PEP at 1,395 lists all the options included, and those are not additional packages with extra costs. My guess is that the POC sheet won‘t be the final window sticker and you’ll get the expected price. I also believe that the MSRP and invoice prices are set at order time, not delivery time, so any additional increases will not apply. But damn if that POC is not confusing!
Exactly, that’s what I am saying. I purposely held out on ordering til the new year because my lease is up in March and I didn’t want to have two Jeeps overlap too much. If I find out that a significant price jump did in fact cause this in the new year, I wish I hadn’t waited so long to order. :headbang:

OP
OP
NYC-4X4

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered from coatesville PA. Should of went to MD. I was tempter to go to TN For 8% but for the difference it wasnt worth 10 hours each way to me. Coatseville is only 50 minutes away. Local dealer wanted 5k down and only guaranteed price if they had 2000 cash back 🤣
Yea I was between TN for 8, MD for 7 or PA for 5. Was worth the extra 2 to go to MD over PA but couldn’t justify TN for just 1 more.

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
7% below invoice, whoa! We are only getting max 5% here in California as far as I know.

Shoebox

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
7% below invoice, whoa! We are only getting max 5% here in California as far as I know.
Yeah I'm getting 7% here in Wilmington, NC too. 5% below plus 1% for Tread Lightly FCA control number and 1% for financing through the dealer/FCA.

Hardhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Ram Diesel, 95 Jeep Wrangler, 21 Jeep Gladiator
Yea I was between TN for 8, MD for 7 or PA for 5. Was worth the extra 2 to go to MD over PA but couldn’t justify TN for just 1 more.
Yeah i would of went to MD if I would of saw that. I got the 5 from coatsville and nobody would come close around here. One salesman even did a jerk off motion when i asked for better deal. I walked right out of that place. Could not believe it
Sponsored