Sponsored

Some more info on Gladiator soft top and tonneau cover

Chewkee24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler 2dr JK, manual, granite
A JLU doesn't have anywhere close to 5ft of storage behind the rear seat. But to each his own, for me a cap that I can take on and off is great, I look at it like hooking up a trailer. I can use to keep gear dry etc... but remove it when it's not needed
Gotcha, right on! Thx
Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
If you do this, I get that it’s not permanent and is removable and all, but aren’t we just backing ourselves in sideways to basically re-replicating a regular JLU? If I wanted this thing, better just get a JLU and get it already done...
A JL has about 35" of cargo space that's 43" wide - the list of things that *wont* fit in a JL but can go in a JT bed is too long to even consider...

That said, I've always been partial to open beds, and not a big fan of caps.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
(1)
I am also very interested in a frame for the truck bed with a removable top and removable sides (all four sides removable). The fabric for the bed top would need to match the fabric of the factory cab top.

I like having a top on (for both the cab and bed), but all the sides off (for both the cab and bed).

(2)
Do you have any information you can share by any chance about the Gladiator being offered with HALF DOORS and when? Maybe Bestop knows since the upper halves of the doors would be made of the same material as the top.

Sponsored

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
The prospect of a convertible mid-size pickup is very, very cool. This is perhaps the best attribute of the Gladiator. This definitely sets it apart from anything else - a huge and attractive advantage!!! I can't wait to see one...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
+1 for a soft top that fully retracts. I'd actually rather have a hard top than the soft top that will be offered at launch. And I strongly prefer soft tops.
i want a fully retractable soft top as well. If this isn't available when i order, i'll probably get a hard top, then get the soft top when it is available.

justinliller

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tahoe Z71, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee - soon to be 2020 Jeep Gladiator!!!
I am ALL-IN for only ordering the hardtop from Jeep and then a soft-top from Besttop if there is going to be an option that folds all the way down and sits on top of the truck bed. I don't like the sunrider look at all.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I love the supertop/softopper idea back there, though neither appears to have a passthrough window ... unless it's a secret menu item. If I get a soft-top back there then it will have to accommodate a bedframe I can put over it though. I will want to mount all kinds of bits around it.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
What I would like to see is a modular bed rack like the one below with slots to add Bestop Panels on the tops and sides. I like to travel with my dogs and on long trips it would be nice to give them some shade and wind protection while still being able to carry all my supplies conveniently.

04-0060-M-01-1060-7.jpg
This. I'm watching for someone to do it, but failing that I might be learning how to fabricate. My plan was moreso to do aluminum panels around the frame so it becomes a hard-shelled topper that can a rack, a topper or some part of both.

TG2500

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rosenthal
Any idea when the tonneau will be available? Getting my rubicon this week but it comes without a tonneau and I need one

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
Fully retractable sounds like an improvement, but would like it to still be capable of using "surrey style" with top on fully but windows removed.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer

GLADI8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Any idea when the tonneau will be available? Getting my rubicon this week but it comes without a tonneau and I need one
According to dealer I ordered mine from in early May, the Mopar sun top and folding soft tonneau cover are both "in development" according to the dealer parts site.
Sponsored