Someone talk me out of trading in..

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Johnny, I didn't read all of the responses, but have read several. Here's the nutshell...

Keep in mind, they worked it out to where my payments would be $20 less monthly than I’m paying now with only 1 additional year added to my current loan.
You have to decide if adding a year to your loan is worth going from an Overland to a Rubicon. Plus each year you'll save a few bucks ($240/yr) with the lower payment.

It's comical to see fiscal responsibility discussions on a board that regularly sees guys dumping tens of thousands of dollars into aftermarket parts and upgrades for a depreciating asset. Bottom line: nobody knows your finances more than you.

For me, paying an extra 3% and tacking on a year wouldn't bother me if I was driving a more desirable vehicle that fits my needs. For me, Rubicon > Overland all day.

Good luck with your choice. :beer: :beer: :beer:
Sponsored

kb5zcr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Diesel Rubi Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Overland has 29k miles on it the rubi has 10k miles on it. I work for the Feds so we always get an annual raise lol. But yea there is no wiggle room with rates atm. I can’t justify giving banks another 5k in interest so I’m going to be smart and hold off.
Please keep in mind. Annual raises are NOT a guarantee when working for the Federal Govt, one President gave no annual pay raise for three straight years.
I did over 35 years federal service starting in 1984. Aged out at 56, but I highly recommend federal retirement.
Step increases come automatically, pay raises don't.
Here is just a little data to refresh our memory taken from FedSmith.
https://www.fedsmith.com/2022/01/24/53-years-annual-federal-pay-raises/

• The average federal pay raise per year: 3.59%
  • Average federal pay raise under Republicans: 4.05%
  • Average federal pay raise under Democrats: 3.41%
  • Total of raises under a Republican: 123.10%
  • Total of raises under a Democrat: 63.80%
  • Highest annual federal pay raise: 9.10% (1980 under President Carter)
  • Lowest annual federal pay raise: 0% (2 years under President Reagan and 3 years under President Obama)

Gladiator Brad 704

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Wait a little longer until the UAW strike starts affecting supply. Then you can just sell yours owner to owner. When the strike ends go buy whatever you want. That would likely affect your wallet the least.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Wait a little longer until the UAW strike starts affecting supply. Then you can just sell yours owner to owner. When the strike ends go buy whatever you want. That would likely affect your wallet the least.
At the end of August, there was a 291 day supply of unsold new Gladiators out there. It will be a long while before supply is affected.
Sponsored