Sponsored

Sooo...RCR did a review of the Gladiator.

concretewolf

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Gladiator, Toyota Sequoia, Ford Taurus
There are better ways to make a living, most people feel better about themselves when they make some sort of meaningful contribution to society. Found no value in the video. Peace.
Sponsored

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
It was a minute-forty-two seconds before he even started the review. Honestly, he sounds like a snowflake liberal that associates everything Jeep with war and 1942 Europe. I hope he gets therapy on his leftist issues, he really needs it.
Someone says something I disagree with. "LIBERALS!!!"

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Wow, if Denis Miller had a clone...couldn't stand the original and didn't make it 30 seconds into his clone's dialog.
So, was their actually any review on the Gladiator itself? I'm sure the obvious small bed and solid axle suspension took a beating
His most salient point is around halfway through. He does hit the common threads of worse highway manners than the competition. Small bed. Long wheelbase Jeep. Cost. But he does point out that it doesn't need to be all the things it's not. It's it's own unique thing and for those who buy one, that's probably exactly what they wanted it to be.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
His most salient point is around halfway through. He does hit the common threads of worse highway manners than the competition. Small bed. Long wheelbase Jeep. Cost. But he does point out that it doesn't need to be all the things it's not. It's it's own unique thing and for those who buy one, that's probably exactly what they wanted it to be.
Iam with texanjeeper. The guy sounds like a beta male. Unless it has "the steering issue" these things drive pretty damn good for a solid axle vehicle. I did get a little chuckle out of the beginning of it though😁

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
For me this thread is more interesting than the video itself, which IMO is at best a mediocre attempt at satire. If you find his content funny, good for you, keep consuming it. If someone else doesn’t, for whatever reason, who cares? Different strokes for different folks. If you are active on this site and not a troll, the only expectation or assumption fellow members should have/make is that you are interested in or passionate about the JT. On everything else we can agree to disagree and that’s ok.

Sponsored

Chestnut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX, 2017 Forester XT, 2021 JTO
Occupation
Civil Engineer
He didn't exactly say it drove poorly he said "an uneven driving experience relative to other vehicles in it's class". This is accurate. It drives like a solid axel vehicle that doesn't have R&P steering. Honestly aside from the comments on the enthusiasts the review was about as good as RCR gets.

He was funny 5 years ago but jumped the shark after that.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Anybody that is a regular viewer of the RCR YouTube channel, this Gladiator video should not offend you. It is their schtick to point out things and make fun of whatever car they review most times.

RCR is the counter culture to the other car reviewers who hype up shit because they got a media Press loaner and want to keep the relationship. RCR though recently has been offered some media Press new cars to review but they still keep to their schtick of how they review them.

Sponsored

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
He’s all bluff and huff. He projects the very issues that likely challenge his masculinity himself or push his comfort zone boundaries. In any sense- his take is a bit lame as it’s empty words jived together to make his click quota…..
in that I find humor that he sucks. Also glad he can suck that bad to show other the way to do it right.
and yea all his other videos are ass-hatish too. He’s just a get off my lawn guy, likes nothing but peeper and salt. Don’t temp him with flavor lol

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
From the comments I can tell that a lot of you haven't seen his content before. Go back and watch his first video that brought him to 'fame' on the Mazda Miata. It's a good way to understand how he reviews vehicles. He's the best, and I've seen every single one of his reviews and enjoy them all, including this one. He also did one on my M235i that was a little bit different than his normal style. I'd like him to review that again and shit on that as well ;)

MaysvilleStig

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
United States Marine Corps
I love this dudes videos, and can't wait to watch it. Looking at some of the comments here I get the feeling he hit too close to home for some of you :LOL: If you expected an actual review, that's where you messed up. All he does is highlight/roast the stereotypes that drive them. If you fit one.... sorry lol. Whether you like it or not, there is some truth to the shit he says.

auxSwitch

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubi, FZ6
I watch most of his reviews - this was a typical review, although I wouldn't say his best (not the worst either). I also enjoy some of the long-format episodes by Roman like the cash-for-clunkers overview.

I guess, to me RCR's no more obnoxious than DeMuro in his own way, but covers regular normal cars (wider scope than, say AgingWheels), talks more details and (usually) describes driving experience in a way I can relate. Plus dives into philosophy. This video didn't have much of the latter two. I enjoy his poking fun at stereotypes, but could live without his fart jokes, but oh well, an artist is an artist.
Sponsored