First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
D9D75010-3A8F-4750-A39A-55A1681F69C4.jpeg
II
I did the Iron Rock 2” and love it. Pictured with 285-70-17s. Just remember to loosen track bars and sway bar links on install and retighten to factory specs when all four wheels back on the ground.
Like the "JT" sticker... where did you get it?
Sponsored

Deleted member 24880

Think you guys have talked me into the IRO 2” spacer lift. I’m going to keep the OEM shocks for now and my use part of my current TerraFlex in the front to level it out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ckornoski

Ckornoski

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator(ordered), 2013 Jeep JK
Occupation
Restaurant manager
Just ordered my teraflex 1.5 spacer and daystar 3/4 inch rear spacer. I plan on ordering some mopar lift lower control arms in the near future while I wait for this ice and snow to stop hitting us in the north east.

Deleted member 24880

Ok for you guys running the IRO 2” spacer lifts I have a question. What are you doing for bump stops front and rear? Also, anyone stack the TeraFlex with the IRO kit? Thinking maybe just using the 1/2” spacer to correct the rake a little, not completely. There is only a hundred kits and none of them tell you the same thing when it comes to what all you need. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Ckornoski

Ckornoski

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Restaurant manager
Got my kit, ordering mopar longer lower front control arms next, would you recommend an adjustable front track bar?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Got my kit, ordering mopar longer lower front control arms next, would you recommend an adjustable front track bar?
couldn't hurt, if nothing else to recenter the front..though it wont be off that much.

I cant remember If if said it here or not but grab a set of REAR sway bar ends and put them on the front to correct the front sway bar angle after your lift. Makes the truck feel like stock with the new ride height.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok for you guys running the IRO 2” spacer lifts I have a question. What are you doing for bump stops front and rear? Also, anyone stack the TeraFlex with the IRO kit? Thinking maybe just using the 1/2” spacer to correct the rake a little, not completely. There is only a hundred kits and none of them tell you the same thing when it comes to what all you need. Thanks in advance.
I run an IRO spacer kit. It uses the factory bump stops as I’ve never heard of stacking spacers. I would be more concerned with shock travel because you use the original shocks. If you put heavy things in your truck or tow it won’t squat but sit almost level, rather then looking like a dog scooting his butt on the carpet. Your call. You could call IRO and ask if they could send you out a 2.5” spacer and extended shock brackets to correct the front rake. They are awesome!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ckornoski

Ckornoski

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Restaurant manager
Good idea with the sway bar links, where did you find a set of stock rears? I couldn't seem to find any.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

Deleted member 24880

I run an IRO spacer kit. It uses the factory bump stops as I’ve never heard of stacking spacers. I would be more concerned with shock travel because you use the original shocks. If you put heavy things in your truck or tow it won’t squat but sit almost level, rather then looking like a dog scooting his butt on the carpet. Your call. You could call IRO and ask if they could send you out a 2.5” spacer and extended shock brackets to correct the front rake. They are awesome!
I reached out to IRO and they do not recommend using the TeraFlex spacer with their kit. Funny thing is when I asked them about using the TeraFlex bump stops they had no idea if they would work or not. Probably going to hold off as I’m looking into a new job and unfortunately owe Uncle Sam this year somehow. Thanks for the help!

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I actually added a 1/4 in spacer to the front, above the IRO spacer. Ill probably remove them for towing but who knows. As it stands now I still have a rake, just not as drastic as stock.

Ive had this setup for more than 15k miles and not a single issue, in case anyone jumps in and screams its a bad idea. Its only 1/4in so it didn't change my shock travel all that much after installing the IRO extension brackets.

2020-07-12_11-49-20_825.jpeg

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I reached out to IRO and they do not recommend using the TeraFlex spacer with their kit. Funny thing is when I asked them about using the TeraFlex bump stops they had no idea if they would work or not. Probably going to hold off as I’m looking into a new job and unfortunately owe Uncle Sam this year somehow. Thanks for the help!
If bump stops are a concern you can add hockey pucks to the base of the spring and they will act as a shock extender for little cost and almost no work to install. a hockey puck or two on each side and some basic lowes hardware.
Sponsored