Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at getting the Iron Rock Off Road 2" Spacer Lift Kit for my 2021 JTO, and I was wondering if it would require an adjustable front track bar? I watched a couple of YT videos and in neither did they need one, but other spacer installs (different vendors) show adding one. The kit is $249 without shipping.

Also, there is an option on the IROR kit to add Bilstein shocks instead of shock spacers. It's an extra $279 for 4 shocks. Is that much better, and are they worth the extra $$?

If I need the front adjustable track bar, it's around an extra $250 to get a decent one. With shocks that would bring the cost to $780 without shipping. Is that a good price for the 2" kit, with Bilstein shocks, and an adjustable track bar?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Bump, in case anyone is interested in answering.

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
No one cared to answer, so I bit the bullet and ordered the kit. I'll see what the orientation looks like after installing the kit.

21RG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
4Wheeling
Wish I would have seen this earlier.

With any lift you change the geometry of the suspension. Everything needs to be adjusted, so the answer to your questions were yes.

Get the adjustable track bar and if you haven't already done so get the longer shocks. If the lift did not come with extensions for the bump stops, you need those as well.

I am not a fan of spacers, but they are a great budget solution for a lot of people.

Let us know how things worked out.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2.5" readylift sst lift kit on mine and the axle is less than a 1/4 inch off. If your 2" or less and it's a spacer lift I wouldn't worry about a adjustable Trackbar, most of them say 2.5" and above. A slightly offset axle isn't going to affect anything as far as how it drives or tire wear or wear on components. At 2" you will be fine. If it was a spring lift I would say maybe because most of them give you 3/4 inch more lift than what they are advertised at to account for settling and if you decide to add weight to the vehicle. Just my thoughts on it. I've been running mine with the stock trackbar for almost 20,000 miles and it sits like this and I have had no issues. Drives great and straight.

As far as spacer lifts go, I wouldn't worry a whole lot about what people think. I ran one on my JKU for 2yrs, TJ and on my XJ and never had a issue out of them. If you want it to ride close to stock then they are a great option. With that said I wouldn't go more than 3.5 inch on a spacer lift, anything higher than that would make me start looking at spring options which was one of the reasons I ended up going to a spring lift on my JKU.
Jeep Gladiator Spacer Lift question PXL_20201219_123525410

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I love the Iron Rock 2” kit! No complaints what so ever. If I did add anything else it would be a sway bar disconnect. I use mine for hunting so I don’t have to drag my deer out of the woods. Oh, also I only got the spacer kit. No shocks, springs or Track-bar. but I’m so cheap my girlfriend says I wouldn’t fart a wooden nickel for her opinions. Which is true.
Sponsored