Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
My first post on the forum....Been watching and learning, in the background but.......
Ugh! I got an email from my dealer in Bellevue WA (Seattle area), on 7/9 telling me that my Gladiator (Overland, M/T, White), was on a train heading west and was in Cheyenne WY at that time.
This "Train Wreck" occurred on the morning of 7/10, just 750-ish miles away from Cheyenne.
I'd been overseas for work -- just got back to USA -- just checking the forums here and POW! This!
I believe I'd read somewhere (or dealer mentioned), that Jeeps heading to Seattle area get trained to Phoenix.
This REALLY does not bode well.
I ordered on 4/26 and have been RENTING cars for the ~60% of the time I'm home. (Previous veh was deemed a Total Loss in a relatively minor accident........in late MARCH).
This is really going to put a wrinkle in things for me (and all the other "brothers & sisters" that have been anticipating "eminent" delivery, en fin!).
I haven't yet gotten confirmation that mine was or was not On-Board.......but I've got a bad, sinking feeling about this : ..(

"Pardon me boys -- is that the Gladiator Choo-Choo"?
I would definitely contact your dealer and inquire but looking at the map that’s in this thread at post #98 if it’s in Cheyenne it be one hell of a trek to move it south to Arizona then back north to Seattle. I live in northern Colorado just south of Cheyenne, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t back track the train all the way south from up here.
Sponsored

AkChas

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on 2020 Gladiator Overland (M/T)
I would definitely contact your dealer and inquire but looking at the map that’s in this thread at post #98 if it’s in Cheyenne it be one hell of a trek to move it south to Arizona then back north to Seattle. I live in northern Colorado just south of Cheyenne, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t back track the train all the way south from up here.
My understanding is -- Jeeps get trained in bulk, to distribution centers (Phoenix being one(?)), and get loaded onto car-hauler trucks for "regional" distribution. I could certainly be wrong -- and hope that I am!
Agreed, it seems a bit 'out of the way' to go from PHX to SEA, but if they're distributing orders up the coast, that "supply line" would make some sense.
I dunno -- waiting for my rep to wake up in WA state.
Anyone find a means to track VINs that were on that train?

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
Okay having retired from a major auto mfr, all shipping is done by truck if less than 300 miles, other wise shipping is by rail to a train yard then trucked out. There are only three east West rail lines.

Reactions: SKT

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
So I posted this for you guys yesterday and the thread was deleted virtually instantly!? WTF!?

AkChas

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on 2020 Gladiator Overland (M/T)
Ha! Dealer Rep woke up and even the GM reached out....... It JUST got delivered this morning! YeeeHaaaw!
(Still feel bad for those who won't be getting theirs soon, though -- I knew that feeling for a little while : /

Delivered to dealership (Whew!)
upload_2019-7-16_10-33-23.png

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
So I posted this for you guys yesterday and the thread was deleted virtually instantly!? WTF!?
Where ya been? Any updates on your truck?

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
My first post on the forum....Been watching and learning, in the background but.......
Ugh! I got an email from my dealer in Bellevue WA (Seattle area), on 7/9 telling me that my Gladiator (Overland, M/T, White), was on a train heading west and was in Cheyenne WY at that time.
This "Train Wreck" occurred on the morning of 7/10, just 750-ish miles away from Cheyenne.
I'd been overseas for work -- just got back to USA -- just checking the forums here and POW! This!
I believe I'd read somewhere (or dealer mentioned), that Jeeps heading to Seattle area get trained to Phoenix.
This REALLY does not bode well.
I ordered on 4/26 and have been RENTING cars for the ~60% of the time I'm home. (Previous veh was deemed a Total Loss in a relatively minor accident........in late MARCH).
This is really going to put a wrinkle in things for me (and all the other "brothers & sisters" that have been anticipating "eminent" delivery, en fin!).
I haven't yet gotten confirmation that mine was or was not On-Board.......but I've got a bad, sinking feeling about this : ..(

"Pardon me boys -- is that the Gladiator Choo-Choo"?
Aw, man, that stinks, @AkChas ! I'm sorry to hear that happened to your Jeep!

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
1423CC80-5EEB-4536-A224-8A3BA31C5310.jpeg
Where ya been? Any updates on your truck?
I been spending most of my time over on TW. The truck has been great for me, did some mods and I’m very happy with it. How’s it going with you? Get your truck yet? I’ve seen two around town so far. A black and a white sport. Saw a gorgeous red Rubi on the highway headed towards El Paso about a week or two ago. They are starting to get out there. Pretty soon it won’t be such a rare sight.

Hope all is well! :)

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
1423CC80-5EEB-4536-A224-8A3BA31C5310.jpeg

I been spending most of my time over on TW. The truck has been great for me, did some mods and I’m very happy with it. How’s it going with you? Get your truck yet? I’ve seen two around town so far. A black and a white sport. Saw a gorgeous red Rubi on the highway headed towards El Paso about a week or two ago. They are starting to get out there. Pretty soon it won’t be such a rare sight.

Hope all is well! :)
All good. I'm a couple weeks away from getting my '64 back. Talked to the master mechanic. He is starting to appreciate what this is. No parts, but built right! Can't wait.

barongan

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cherokee
Recall the sequel movie Fast & Furious "Fast Five "
Jeep Gladiator Spectacular train wreck destroys Jeep Gladiators :( {filename}
Sponsored