First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Chorkee. 2004 Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
New here but not to Jeeps. Ii have a 96 Cherokee Country and a 03 Wrangler Sport. They both run tip top.
I have been looking at the Gladiators since they came out but have not allowed myself to go look at them, untill yesterday. I have gotten old enough to say that one of these things cost more than my first house. Another side of me says you have worked and retired now and could afford one if you really wanted.
I found some to look at. All the different trim packages is a bit overwheming at first.
What has some of you done to justify shuch a purchase?
Sponsored

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I keep telling myself I’m not getting any younger, can’t take the money with you, etc,etc...
I always wanted a Wrangler since I was a kid. Original “MacGyver” fan.
But growing up kept getting into fast cars.
Figured this would keep me from getting more speeding tickets. (At least the kind that suspend your license)

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
A small part of me regrets not taking a hard look at the Sport model with Max Tow Package. I do like my Overland because of all of the extra's, but do I really need them, would have I missed them if I didn't pick every option? Anyways, read as much as you can on this board to help you make an educated decision of what you want to do to your vehicle. The Gladiator is a great vehicle and this is a great forum.

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
I ended up with a Sport S that had the basic options I wanted (7” screen, garage door remote, body colored fenders, hard top). I basically wanted something I could upgrade with my own parts and pieces down the road. I looked at overlands but I just couldn’t justify spending money on something I could do myself for cheaper (LED headlights, running boards, etc.).

ParsonBrown

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Pastor and Mechanical Engineer
I'm a first time Jeep owner. It was pretty simple for me.

1. It didn't have an impact on our budget
2. When the family got in for the test drive it put a big smile on all of our faces...even my wife's!

A week and half later and I'm still loving it. I'm sure the new will wear off, but it meets all of our needs and any wants my family might have.

I got the Rubicon and feel like I negotiated a good deal.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Justified it because used midsize trucks are close in price to new ones and the Gladiator beats the competition in many areas plus is a convertible. That's why we got the max tow trim.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I've had Jeeps since 1990, my first being a 1964 Wagoneer, so a new vehicle was going to be a Jeep. I had a 2017 GMC Canyon that we were starting to go to the dealer way too much and fighting to have them do something with. Plus, with the deals and interest rates back in April/May, it was a good time. We'll have this jeep just as long or longer than our Wrangler, 2005, and still in the driveway too (owned from showroom new). In a couple years we will most likely trade the wife's Prius in for a 4xe Wrangler.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I’m honestly not sure I’ve fully justified it in my head, yet. Bought it about a week and a half ago.

That being said, we’re a two car family - one is a very nice 2017 Kia Sorento and the other was a dumpy, falling-apart 2004 Avalon. We were going to need to replace the Avalon sooner or later and I didn’t want another SUV. My wife drove a Cherokee for 20 years and loved it. She always wanted a Wrangler. I drove a truck for 10 years and loved it. So a Gladiator checked all the boxes and gave us something very different. We’ve got 2 small kids and they fit fine in the Gladiator, but we’ve still got the Sorento for traveling in comfort. The Gladiator is meant for all things the Sorento can’t do.

We didn’t get a Rubicon or a million bells and whistles because these things aren’t cheap. It’s at the very top top of our budget as it is. But I’ll be able to build it slowly over time, budget and God be willing.

I’m a technophile and this truck appeals to my desire to customize and tweak. I’m also looking forward to adventuring with it. The whole overlanding thing appeals to me.

DaleG

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.disinfecting4u.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 Infiniti QX50, 2015 Cruisers Yacht 45 Cantius
Occupation
Self Employed
59 years old, wanted a Jeep, but still needed at least a mid-sized truck. We moved to SW Florida and a convertible was something we both wanted.....bingo! Gladiator does all 3 pretty well.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
New here but not to Jeeps. Ii have a 96 Cherokee Country and a 03 Wrangler Sport. They both run tip top.
I have been looking at the Gladiators since they came out but have not allowed myself to go look at them, untill yesterday. I have gotten old enough to say that one of these things cost more than my first house. Another side of me says you have worked and retired now and could afford one if you really wanted.
I found some to look at. All the different trim packages is a bit overwheming at first.
I sail and have a couple boats, so I need a tow vehicle. Had a truck for that and for my everyday drive I had a convertible. Typical GM truck, it rusted out (2002 model), the convertible was starting to have problems. Only vehicle that hit all my needs in one vehicle.

Sponsored

toflo

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
you'll be dead before you know it. If you can afford it and it's an experience you want to have. I say go for it.

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
I like tinkering and adventuring. Helps me de-stress. You don’t buy a Jeep because you want an A-B commuter. You buy it because it’s a toy. I love my toy. It was a bad financial investment, but a wonderful mental health investment. Worth it in my book.

Sparty

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR (Gecko) / 2021 JLR
I hear ya on the price tag....

However:

* My wife and I both drive TJ Wranglers (04 and 05)
- her transmission died at 180K miles - not worth fixing.

* We follow the Dave Ramsey lifestyle of money and budgeting
- We had always bought used vehicles for the depreciation

* When looking to replace my wife's TJ, I wanted to stay away from the JKs - I just didn't like them

* My wife has wanted a Gladiator since these were a rumor - our plan was to wait about 3 years (2 years in production to work out the bugs and then finding a decent used one)

* Our plans went up in smoke when I found out that I could buy a NEW Gladiator (in Sept 2020) cheaper than buying a used one with under 15K miles

* At the end of the day we both work our asses off and she works harder than I do. She deserves it, and life is too short.

.....Also - with the financing we got, I'll be able to pay it off in Q1 next year without an interest penalty.

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
One never knows when your number is up. I had a comanchee and soon as I heard about the gladiator it was a must have. Like they say...life is too short to not enjoy it.

Zacfrac

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
I wanted to downsize my 2017 Silverado 2500 into something that sucked less to drive in the city (had moved to Pittsburgh), because while I’d drive it for work I just wasn’t using it at all when I was home.

Gladiator still gets all my little truck chores done, and is a lot of fun to drive. Only think I’m missing is my bed cap, but new options for those are coming out all the time.

I went all in on a Rubicon but if I had it to do over I’d probably go with the Max Tow Sport package and build a lot of the bells and whistles on myself. It’s pretty much a Lego truck and anything you might think you’d want to add to it somebody out there has probably done and has a walkthrough on how to do it yourself.
Sponsored