Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Sport - roll up windows
Sport S - powered windows

The aux switch is available on all trims.
I have a sport with electric windows...

Austin2590

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
There are dealers that think the sport S with a tow package can tow 7,650lbs. Then I had to explain to them it doesn't have the 4.10 gears. So when I would search for a gladiator I would use the search terms 4.10 otherwise it would give me all the lower tow package trucks.
But also when you do further digging as I did with the dealer... the max tow package can actually tow more than 7650... each vin has its own tow rating depending on set up. My sport is rated at 6250 as I bought it. Without max tow.

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
Also I want to punch the guy that ran wires to the doors that don't have power locks or windows.
Some day I will meet him.... some day.
This. The best part of the Base is not having all that power stuff in the door to lug on and off. Why not a plunger switch for the dome light? Old school.

Sponsored

Gobi-Wan Kenobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
I have a sport with electric windows...
You have a Sport S.

Both the Sport and Sport S have Sport on the tailgate and just say Sport on the window sticker. You will not find the phrase Sport S anywhere except on advertising materials and on the Jeep website. Jeep really screwed up by advertising 4 trims but treating it like 3 trims on the paperwork. Depending on transmission a Sport S will show option package 23S or 24S and a base Sport will have option package 23B or 24B.

23S is power doors/windows manual transmission Sport S
24S is power doors/windows automatic transmission Sport S
23B is manual doors/windows manual transmission Sport
24B is manual doors/windows automatic transmission Sport

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
There are dealers that think the sport S with a tow package can tow 7,650lbs. Then I had to explain to them it doesn't have the 4.10 gears. So when I would search for a gladiator I would use the search terms 4.10 otherwise it would give me all the lower tow package trucks.
What am I missing? .... the Sport S "Max Tow" option on the Jeep site states 4.10

Gobi-Wan Kenobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
What am I missing? .... the Sport S "Max Tow" option on the Jeep site states 4.10
There are 2 tow packages available on the Sport and Sport S. I copied this from Jeep's website:

Trailer-Tow Package
$350
  • 240-Amp Alternator
  • Class IV Receiver Hitch
  • Heavy-Duty Engine Cooling
  • Trailer Hitch Zoom
Max Tow Package with 4.10 Axle Ratio
$1,245
  • 240-Amp Alternator
  • 245/75R17 All-Terrain Tires
  • 4.10 Axle Ratio
  • Trac-Lok® Anti-Spin Rear Differential
  • Class IV Receiver Hitch
  • Heavy-Duty Dana 44 Wide Front Axle
  • Heavy-Duty Dana 44 Wide Rear Axle
  • Daytime Running Lamp System
  • Heavy-Duty Engine Cooling
  • Trailer Hitch Zoom

A lot of dealers either don't know the difference between the two tow packages or intentionally misrepresent the difference between the two in order to make a sale.

Last edited:

Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
There's a tow package that includes an upgraded alternator and hitch, then the max tow that give a sport 4.10s and requires the auto.

My rubicon has the tow package and a manual but is not available with "max tow" which specifically designates the Gladiator specs that can to the maximum load.

Gobi-Wan Kenobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Not according to my vin...
The VIN will show Sport whether you have a Sport or Sport S. The difference is whenever you have one of the B option packages or the S option packages.

Jeep advertises 4 trim levels but only breaks the paperwork into 3 trim levels and treats Sport and Sport S as the same in everything except advertising.

If you have power windows you have either option package 23S or 24S, those are the option packages that make it a Sport S.

If you have manual windows you have either option package 23B or 24B, those are the option packages that make it a base Sport.

You can look on Jeep's website. They advertise the Sport as having manual windows and do not give an option to build one with power windows. They advertise the Sport S as having power windows and don't give an option to build on with manual windows.

This confusion is all because Jeep chose to divide the Sport trim level into two sub trims levels and advertise them as separate trims.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
The other thing to watch out for is that the window sticker is always going to mention the 3.73 axle ratio in the main description. Even if you end up with the 4.10/max tow.

The 4.10 is only mentioned in the option description on the line of the option Max Tow (AJQ)

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Now Now.... remember this is a Jeep. At any and all times anything can and will be changed with and without notice or reason. For some time you couldn't get Max-Tow with a Trac-Loc then it became standard with it. Then again special order options. But the Sport S should be key less entry power windows silver AL. rims. Hard tops I think only have the small sliding window but following Jeep's history that could be wrong or change at any time.:LOL: Now a good thing for Jeep is to keep special order options available for all trim levels. Reason is cost for tags, in some locations a Sport and Rubicon can be over $2000 difference a year. A big part of my reasoning for not getting a Rubicon LJ 15 years ago. I'd paid about $15000 or more over the years after buying it due to the damn Ad Val taxes on tag fee. I could have bought the D44 axle and T-case with a crap load of money left over or even Pro-Rock 60s
Sponsored