Sponsored

Sport s and rubicon eco have the same springs?

Maungy25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
I purchsed rubicon ecodiesel take offs for my sport s Ecodiesel. When i took the front springs off my sport i noticed the part # on the spring was the same as rubicon. I thought this was strange so i called the local jeep parts dept and they confirmed the part # was for rubicon. Putting the springs side by side they are the same height no difference. So i just swapped the fox shocks total bummer i thought i was getting an extra 1 inch lift. The part # is 68506377aa for pass side for those who have rubicon diesel is this right?
Sponsored

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
I purchsed rubicon ecodiesel take offs for my sport s Ecodiesel. When i took the front springs off my sport i noticed the part # on the spring was the same as rubicon. I thought this was strange so i called the local jeep parts dept and they confirmed the part # was for rubicon. Putting the springs side by side they are the same height no difference. So i just swapped the fox shocks total bummer i thought i was getting an extra 1 inch lift. The part # is 68506377aa for pass side for those who have rubicon diesel is this right?
Thanks for the input

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
There are so many combinations they use, it’s hard to say one part number is for a particular model. Everything is relative based on the options each Jeep has. One Rubicon will have different springs than another.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Interesting as I'm also looking for a set for mine Overland diesel.
Both front/rear springs has same numbers or just the front ones?

OP
OP
Maungy25

Maungy25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
Interesting as I'm also looking for a set for mine Overland diesel.
Both front/rear springs has same numbers or just the front ones?
Just the front ones, the rear did have different part #'s. I might just throw them on this weekend and see what happens. I will need to remeber to take measurements.

Sponsored

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Just the front ones, the rear did have different part #'s. I might just throw them on this weekend and see what happens. I will need to remeber to take measurements.
Just checked and my Overland has that same part number front spring. I think FCA used same one for the diesel, unless one ordered with front steel bumper i think.

May i ask, how you like the diesel fox shocks on your sport?

OP
OP
Maungy25

Maungy25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
Just checked and my Overland has that same part number front spring. I think FCA used same one for the diesel, unless one ordered with front steel bumper i think.

May i ask, how you like the diesel fox shocks on your sport?
To be completly honest i didnt notice any difference in the ride quality, however i dont really go off road but it does look better.
Sponsored