Rubicon vs Sport S ecodiesel axles

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
In the market for a gladiator. Debating between all the options and trim. It would be nice to save some money and not get a rubicon but I also don't want to have get too deep into things to get the performance I want. Main concern is axles and lockers. I know on the gas trucks you get the rubicon width axles with the max tow package but since the diesel sport doesn't offer a max tow package, I am wondering what the difference between the two would be other than lockers? Additionally what are some decent options for lockers in a sport s that wont break the bank. Seems most go arb but for that price I might as well just buy a rubicon.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Since you want lockers, I would suggest a Rubicon. If you want the diesel, you are forced into the 3.73 axle, where the Rubicon and Max Tow have the wide 4.10 axle.

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
I believe all the diesels have the wide HD axles with cast steel knuckles instead of aluminum like the gassers. 3.73 is just the gearing and has nothing to do with the rest of the axle. I haven't priced after market lockers, but I would assume that is a steep install price if not doing yourself. I got the Rubi in the EcoDiesel bc I wanted lockers but will not need super beefy lockers. If your going to be putting 40s on it and wheeling hard, e lockers that come with Rubi are a little weak as I understand, and air lockers are more stout. So if you want the heavy duty lockers, it would make sense to go with the sport. Rubi also has lower 4 low crawl ratio, better suspension, etc, but again, if you are going to replace a lot of that stuff anyway, then a Sport will save money on a build.

vicsvx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.0
Can anyone confirm the axles from a eco sport are or are not the same as a rubi eco?
Sponsored