First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
Quick isn't the right word for it. What I will say is that I'm at (or above) speed limits before I know it. Little turbo lag is noticable. First diesel I've owned so this is a brand new experience for me. I will say I love it!!
Thanks for the info - sounds like the only problem will be a lag, but should be fine overall.
Sponsored

beaujlarson

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
Occupation
Financial Sales
Hello All, UPDATE: Took Delivery on 10/26. Ordered it back in July. Right now, I'm AVG about 23MPG Overall. Highway at about 70MPH I was getting 26-30 and at 65MPH was getting about 28-33MPG. Diesel definitely more Economic than gas. Power band is honestly amazing.. Torqy as heck. No problem accelerating ever at 70-90 MPH. She is quick... Now, honestly i don't drive like that normally just the first day could not be more excited lol. I took her to a nearby trail.. Was not even worth it - this thing needs much more rugged terrain to see what she has to offer, honestly was like driving on pavement even though I was on gravel and fields. Rain gutters was a little annoting but every jeep throughout all the years, have had that drippage. Little rain leaks from rain gaurds.... Now, i already did a mod on it. Upgraded the wheels to 17x9 Pro Comp Prodigy, kept the stock tires because there so nice. The upgrade from stock to 17x9 honestly made a difference - all trucks always have a little top heavy feeling. But switching to the 17x9 the tires stick out an extra two inches and honestly rid the top heavy feeling and my gas milage even went up like .5 mpg overall - was suprised. Any aftermarket wheels are gonna require new lug nuts. Spline m14x1.50 did the trick. but any aftermarket M14x1.50 Lug nuts will get your rims on.

NOW - I do have a serious question. I thought i ordered the engine block heater.. but its not showing up on my build sheet. I did some research and apparently all Diesel Wranglers come equipped with engine block heaters and the "engine block heater upgrade." you pay for upon ordering is actually just for an ac chord? This is what i read on Wrangler Diesel Forums... Wondering if this is same for JT Can anyone shed some light on the engine block heater? and if they know where its located/ac chord located. Or if there all equipped or not? First Time Diesel owner lmaoo

Still trying to come up with a name for her. I'm thinking "SilverBack," The Gladiator. Gorilla Diesel baby. lmaooo

Jeep Gladiator Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel JeepGladiator

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
Hello All, UPDATE: Took Delivery on 10/26. Ordered it back in July. Right now, I'm AVG about 23MPG Overall. Highway at about 70MPH I was getting 26-30 and at 65MPH was getting about 28-33MPG. Diesel definitely more Economic than gas. Power band is honestly amazing.. Torqy as heck. No problem accelerating ever at 70-90 MPH. She is quick... Now, honestly i don't drive like that normally just the first day could not be more excited lol. I took her to a nearby trail.. Was not even worth it - this thing needs much more rugged terrain to see what she has to offer, honestly was like driving on pavement even though I was on gravel and fields. Rain gutters was a little annoting but every jeep throughout all the years, have had that drippage. Little rain leaks from rain gaurds.... Now, i already did a mod on it. Upgraded the wheels to 17x9 Pro Comp Prodigy, kept the stock tires because there so nice. The upgrade from stock to 17x9 honestly made a difference - all trucks always have a little top heavy feeling. But switching to the 17x9 the tires stick out an extra two inches and honestly rid the top heavy feeling and my gas milage even went up like .5 mpg overall - was suprised. Any aftermarket wheels are gonna require new lug nuts. Spline m14x1.50 did the trick. but any aftermarket M14x1.50 Lug nuts will get your rims on.

NOW - I do have a serious question. I thought i ordered the engine block heater.. but its not showing up on my build sheet. I did some research and apparently all Diesel Wranglers come equipped with engine block heaters and the "engine block heater upgrade." you pay for upon ordering is actually just for an ac chord? This is what i read on Wrangler Diesel Forums... Wondering if this is same for JT Can anyone shed some light on the engine block heater? and if they know where its located/ac chord located. Or if there all equipped or not? First Time Diesel owner lmaoo

Still trying to come up with a name for her. I'm thinking "SilverBack," The Gladiator. Gorilla Diesel baby. lmaooo

Jeep Gladiator Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel JeepGladiator
Jeep looks good! I don't know why I am surprised with how good it looks just by adding the wheels to the stock tires, but I am.........good job.

beaujlarson

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
Occupation
Financial Sales
Jeep looks good! I don't know why I am surprised with how good it looks just by adding the wheels to the stock tires, but I am.........good job.
Yeah i was surprised to.. but its the 17x9 that really does it. the stock rims are 7.5'' width and makes the tire more skinny and tall. the recommended wheel for a 285/70r17 tire is a 17x9 rim, so honestly make the tire thicker and stick out more love it, and not going to far off factory is nice.

Sponsored

OrangeCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 2021 JTRD
Hi All, any newer updates? I ordered back in mid December, and it sounds like they might still be looking for parts. Just wondered if anyone is seeing movement on their orders? Diesel Rubicon, so that may delay things :(

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Hi All, any newer updates? I ordered back in mid December, and it sounds like they might still be looking for parts. Just wondered if anyone is seeing movement on their orders? Diesel Rubicon, so that may delay things :(
What? Dozens and dozens of people have received theirs. If you ordered a month ago, you still have some time to wait.

OrangeCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 2021 JTRD
As expected :) Just hadn't seen any new posts since early November, maybe i am following the wrong thread. New to the forum, so I will keep digging!

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
As expected :) Just hadn't seen any new posts since early November, maybe i am following the wrong thread. New to the forum, so I will keep digging!
Welcome. I started this thread when the order books opened for the EcoDiesels back in July so that all of us who ordered them at that time could compare notes as to what we were hearing regarding the build and delivery process. Since the initial wave of Eco Diesels has been delivered, not much has happened with this thread. My presumption (I have no facts) is that they continue to take orders and build them with customary lead times. However, if there is a slowdown in the process of getting EcoDiesels, this would seem to me to be an appropriate place to discuss it.

Sponsored

F3Orangeman

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTOD, ’02 F-150 SCrew
Occupation
Stay-at-Home Financial Analyst (thanks to COVID)
Welcome. I started this thread when the order books opened for the EcoDiesels back in July so that all of us who ordered them at that time could compare notes as to what we were hearing regarding the build and delivery process. Since the initial wave of Eco Diesels has been delivered, not much has happened with this thread. My presumption (I have no facts) is that they continue to take orders and build them with customary lead times. However, if there is a slowdown in the process of getting EcoDiesels, this would seem to me to be an appropriate place to discuss it.
Thanks for starting this thread. This is the first time seeing it and need to read through some of the old posts. I’ve been over on the Order, Pricing, etc. track. I ordered a diesel overland on the 4th, and I have been told by my dealer that the build is scheduled for the week of February 8th - all parts have been procured! I’ve seen non-diesel buyers ordering around the same time as me either receiving soon, or waiting on transportation.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I read an article on Zero Hedge this evening that details delays in auto manufacturing worldwide.
Apparently it is due to computer chip supplies that can’t keep up to demand during the Covid.
Estimated to be up to 500,000 vehicles worldwide in delay status right now.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I pick up my Overland HA diesel tomorrow after 11 weeks waiting from order date.
It would have been another 2 weeks but the dealer phoned and asked me for authorization for them to get the vehicle from the staging yard in Calgary and drive it here, about 100 km’s.
Of course I agreed.

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Subaru Ascent, '21 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
Mine came in at just under 2 months from order date Oct 26 or so, delivery Xmas present..

Good luck with your order! Have been very happy with mine so far

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I believe you have a block heater. You need to buy the cord and plug it in. Do a thread search for this because there is already a thread that details this with pics showing the location on the block that you plug the cord into.

Jeep Gladiator Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel IMG_5622
Sponsored