Sponsored

Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
Thank you @Karnaj! That helps us all quite a bit, I’m sure.
I noticed you are in orange county I am in Los Angeles county. And I ordered mine on 9/15 one day off from your order date. And mine appears to be lost in inspection somewhere :/ But it’s nice to know you have yours on the way. Hopefully mine is close as well.
Good luck. It's so close and the wait is killing me. Keep busy buying things to do to it when you get her.
Sponsored

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mid August, built 9/14, took delivery tonight! Man was the EcoDiesel worth the wait!! Couldnt stop doing 60 to 90 pulls on the highway, endless torque!!
Jeep Gladiator Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel 20201024_100850
Jeep Gladiator Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel 20201024_100950

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Picked mine up last night. It had been in the dealer's onsite 4X4 shop for installing a winch, trailer brake controller, leveling kit and onboard air. Can't wait to get "acquainted" with it.
Where Did you mount the on air?

Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link

riggsdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
The report is: the torque is strong with this one! (Tim "the tool man" Taylor laugh): Rah-har-har-harrr!

Tightened the fuses and relays first thing. 150 miles down so far and no CEL issues!

Hauled the wife, kids, car seats, Halloween candy, 3 bags of clover seed in the bed, and managed not to get pulled over by the country mountie for exceeding my payload sticker number! :LOL:

Will post pics when I get the bed topper installed.

Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Union Electrician
The torque in this beast is addicting. I'm actually asking the wife for errands to run.....

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
Just got the call!!!! Picking her up tonight.
Congrats, she's coming home to
The torque in this beast is addicting. I'm actually asking the wife for errands to run.....
So it’s official, you have it in hand. Is the Diesel worth the wait? I am coming from an SS Camaro so the fear is there will be no power in comparison :/ If I had purchased the gas version - was already looking at turbos - or an engine swap (too expensive). So the hopes are that the diesel will at the very least mimic a small part of the Camaros V8 :). And the pull is my favorite part of that engine. Question: does the engine get up to speed limits relatively quick?

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link

So it’s official, you have it in hand. Is the Diesel worth the wait? I am coming from an SS Camaro so the fear is there will be no power in comparison :/ If I had purchased the gas version - was already looking at turbos - or an engine swap (too expensive). So the hopes are that the diesel will at the very least mimic a small part of the Camaros V8 :). And the pull is my favorite part of that engine. Question: does the engine get up to speed limits relatively quick?
I think my Tazer will clock a zero to 60, but with 600ish miles so far, I have not wanted to push it to the redline. That said, it seems plenty quick to me. I doubt it would beat a V8 Camaro off the line, but it would beat it up a rocky hillside.

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Union Electrician

Quick isn't the right word for it. What I will say is that I'm at (or above) speed limits before I know it. Little turbo lag is noticable. First diesel I've owned so this is a brand new experience for me. I will say I love it!!

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
I think my Tazer will clock a zero to 60, but with 600ish miles so far, I have not wanted to push it to the redline. That said, it seems plenty quick to me. I doubt it would beat a V8 Camaro off the line, but it would beat it up a rocky hillside.
Sounds exactly like what I am hoping for, thanks
Sponsored