First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Subaru Ascent, '21 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
Just put down a deposit for a Sport S Diesel! Hopefully will be delivered by the end of the year (maybe just in time for Christmas??) but I’m not sure what to expect in terms of Jeep incentives at the time of purchase

I was able to get a total of 3% below invoice with Tread Lightly FCA affiliat, and 1% Costco Auto program. Great experience with Auto Nation in Spring (North Houston) so far, and got a match for my Carmax quote which another dealer wasn’t willing on doing. Would have loved to get the 5% below invoice from Spirit Lake in Iowa but jus too far away from me. Shopped around a bit here in Houston but just wasn’t able to find any dealers willing to go below invoice, so I’m happy that Costco+ auto nation + tread lightly got me 3%.

I appreciate al the info on this forum for ordering, has been very helpful so far!
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
When you get it, post pictures of the door jamb stickers so we can see payload rating please.

OP
OP

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
When you get it, post pictures of the door jamb stickers so we can see payload rating please.
It'll be a while but will do

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
This is the best pic I have of it. Sport S diesel.

20201013_115455.jpg

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
This is the best pic I have of it. Sport S diesel.

Jeep Gladiator Sport S Diesel just ordered 20201013_115455
1,269. I'm hoping that's a fully loaded Sport S with every option you can get on a Sport S.

Sponsored

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
Well, its got a Hard top, popular equip package, floor mats, 8.4" radio, aux switches, active safety, tow package.... I believe that's about it.

OP
OP

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
Well, its got a Hard top, popular equip package, floor mats, 8.4" radio, aux switches, active safety, tow package.... I believe that's about it.
Sound similar so what I ordered but included the advanced safety package, wouldn’t think that would add much weight. 1269 lbs should be plenty of payload for me plus fam plus boat. Looking forward to getting mine. What is your towing capacity as per Mopar?

YYCSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave 3.6 Auto
Sound similar so what I ordered but included the advanced safety package, wouldn’t think that would add much weight. 1269 lbs should be plenty of payload for me plus fam plus boat. Looking forward to getting mine. What is your towing capacity as per Mopar?
With such a low payload you would run out of it, way before towing capacity. Say you and your family weigh 500 lbs, that now only leaves 769 lbs of payload. So if you throw 100 lbs of other stuff in the bed, now you're down to 669 lbs. Say that whatever you're towing has a 15% tongue weight that would leave you capable of towing a max of ~ 4,500 lb legally. Way less that the max tow rating. If you weigh more or you want to actually load up the bed more, now you can tow way way less than max tow rating...

OP
OP

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
With such a low payload you would run out of it, way before towing capacity. Say you and your family weigh 500 lbs, that now only leaves 769 lbs of payload. So if you throw 100 lbs of other stuff in the bed, now you're down to 669 lbs. Say that whatever you're towing has a 15% tongue weight that would leave you capable of towing a max of ~ 4,500 lb legally. Way less that the max tow rating. If you weigh more or you want to actually load up the bed more, now you can tow way way less than max tow rating...
Yeah I don’t anticipate pulling to max but curious what it is. My family are probably 350 lbs or so at the moment and boat trailer tongue weight less than 450 lbs so that leaves plenty of payload left for gear. Or can add gear to whatever I’m towing if I need to

NoDoorsLife

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler LJ, Ford F-150, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Sales
I just visited the Costco auto program and I dont see Jeep as an option, do they change it up every couple months?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
I just visited the Costco auto program and I dont see Jeep as an option, do they change it up every couple months?
I had the same issue when I bought my Subaru - no option here in Houston. I think it’s dependent on a local dealer signing up with Costco, so I’m guessing no local jeep dealer is participating in your area. I don’t really see why location matters though, you might change your area code and see if you can find one in a different nearby city, and then just double check that they are ok with the situation when they contact you

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
What's 1% Costco Auto program? I wonder if this can be added on top of the 8% below invoice pricing from Gupton.

OP
OP

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
What's 1% Costco Auto program? I wonder if this can be added on top of the 8% below invoice pricing from Gupton.
I wouldn’t think it would be stacked and I’m guessing Gupton isnt participating in the program. It’s just an agreement between a local dealer and Costco to give you a break (my dealer told me it was 1% but I don’t think you will find that in writing - might be different from place to place or car to car) on invoice. It’s marketed as a hassle free way to negotiate for a car. Here in Houston it was the cheapest option that I found

JTRdiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
lots of opinions on this but the ideal tongue weight of a trailer should be around 10%. Leaving him with more towing than the truck is rated for. Anything more than 10% is putting unneeded stress on the truck itself and isn’t balancing the trailer properly.

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Does anyone know what the spline count is on the axles that come with the diesel?
Sponsored