Sponsored

Sport S (no max tow) LED signal and DRL options?

BlackSportIA

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Please help me understand what options I have to switch my front signal/parking lights on my Sport S to LED. It does not have max tow package, so at this point I don’t have DRL’s. My understanding is that there is a single incandescent bulb that functions as parking light and turn signal. Ideally, I would like to have a switchback that does white DRL and amber turn signal. Is this possible, since the Sports without max tow package don’t have DRL in the stock factory setup? If so, what do I need to do to make this happen. Extra bonus points if I don’t have to mess with resistors!
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Take a look at headlight revolution’s website

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer

Sponsored

OP
OP

BlackSportIA

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! Yes our Switchbacks are perfect for this application and DO NOT Require resistors!
Thanks for the response. I was looking at these (ORACLE Part# 5111-023) and they look nice. However, since my Jeep did not come with the DRL since it does not have max tow, I was unsure if these will operate as true switchbacks (white DRL’s while driving, and amber when signal is in use) with just plug and play? Is there any wiring changes necessary or need for a software flash?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Thanks for the response. I was looking at these (ORACLE Part# 5111-023) and they look nice. However, since my Jeep did not come with the DRL since it does not have max tow, I was unsure if these will operate as true switchbacks (white DRL’s while driving, and amber when signal is in use) with just plug and play? Is there any wiring changes necessary or need for a software flash?
Do you know what bulb size you need based on your vehicle and the two package? I am working with the tech department to verify what bulb will work best for your application!

OP
OP

BlackSportIA

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you know what bulb size you need based on your vehicle and the two package? I am working with the tech department to verify what bulb will work best for your application!
I’m not sure I understand your question. What is the “two package” you refer to? It’s a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S that does not have the max tow package. The product you mentioned as perfect for me is a switchback with both white and amber lighting. Since mine doesn’t have DRL, my question again is whether or not these will actually work in my Jeep? If so, are they (for my Jeep) simply plug n play as advertised, or would wiring changes or a software flash be required?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I’m not sure I understand your question. What is the “two package” you refer to? It’s a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S that does not have the max tow package. The product you mentioned as perfect for me is a switchback with both white and amber lighting. Since mine doesn’t have DRL, my question again is whether or not these will actually work in my Jeep? If so, are they (for my Jeep) simply plug n play as advertised, or would wiring changes or a software flash be required?
Sorry I apologize, I must of misunderstood you. So you have just turn signals then, no drl or parking light with the bulb? I have not seen this before.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
All trims other than a Sport and Sport S (excluding the Sport S w/ Max Tow) have two bulbs in the fender. One bulb for DRL and one bulb for blinker. Switchbacks will not work for those applications. You have a single bulb in your fender and need the switchbacks.

This may help:

Sponsored

OP
OP

BlackSportIA

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I apologize, I must of misunderstood you. So you have just turn signals then, no drl or parking light with the bulb? I have not seen this before.
No. My initial post explains that I have signals and parking lights. It also explains that due to being a Sport without the max tow package, it does not have DRL. I’m not confident that the bulbs you suggested that would be perfect will actually work for my application.

OP
OP

BlackSportIA

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All trims other than a Sport and Sport S (excluding the Sport S w/ Max Tow) have two bulbs in the fender. One bulb for DRL and one bulb for blinker. Switchbacks will not work for those applications. You have a single bulb in your fender and need the switchbacks.

This may help:
Thank you. It appears that the ones in the HR video are supposed to use resistors with them, and the Oracle ones do not need resistors? I have also heard that some light modifications require a software flash. Do you have any personal experience with either bulb (Oracle or HR)? I’m still waiting on backordered headlights from HR. At this point, I’m getting more and more frustrated that the Sport didn’t have the option for the factory LED package!

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Thank you. It appears that the ones in the HR video are supposed to use resistors with them, and the Oracle ones do not need resistors? I have also heard that some light modifications require a software flash. Do you have any personal experience with either bulb (Oracle or HR)? I’m still waiting on backordered headlights from HR. At this point, I’m getting more and more frustrated that the Sport didn’t have the option for the factory LED package!
Haha my Sport S came with a painted fender and DRL packge, so I am not in the same boat. I did do lots of research, so I know a little bit about whats out there and which packages there are. I have read about the computer flash for headlights and fog lights, but I havent had the experience yet myself as I am waiting for my LED healights and fog lights from HR as well. FWIW, I did put in LED bulbs in place of the halogen reverse bulbs and my halogen DRLs and I had ZERO issues. No flash or anything. No resistors either. From what I take, the resistor is going to be the go-around for not flashing the computer. I'd rather install resistors instead of spend $300+ on a Tazer or flash tuner. If you put switchbacks in and get hyper flash it is a simple and cheap fix.

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I just took advantage of Oracle’s Zeta Flash Sale to pick up the VSeries headlight LED kit and the switchback turn signal LEDs. 15% off!

BTW - use my refer a friend link if you would like to join their rewards program - FREE STUFF! https://oraclelighting.zinrelo.com/ref/JEF28IKU

Last edited:

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! Yes our Switchbacks are perfect for this application and DO NOT Require resistors!
Hey @ORACLElights, I just installed the switchbacks in my Sport S (tow package but NO Max Tow). When does the DRL kick on, when the JT is in motion?
Sponsored