Sport S Prices Rising

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
It appears from looking at many dealerships offers online that over the last month have seen prices on the Overlands and Rubicons drop but Sport S models rising. Especially max tow. I have been watching the price at some dealerships go from the $37,000 range to now the $40-$41K Range. Many of these trucks do not have shall we say many creature comforts at all. Just basic gear.
Also seems like there are an abundance of Black and White JT they are trying to push
Sponsored

z0lt3c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
General lack of inventory for Sport and Sport S with the factories shut down. Dealer's can't afford to take looser deals anymore because they aren't hitting volume bonuses. Meanwhile more Overlands and Rubicons left because they do not have as aggressive incentives. I paid $32K for my Sport with a $40K MSRP in March.

Deleted member 30519

General lack of inventory for Sport and Sport S with the factories shut down. Dealer's can't afford to take looser deals anymore because they aren't hitting volume bonuses. Meanwhile more Overlands and Rubicons left because they do not have as aggressive incentives. I paid $32K for my Sport with a $40K MSRP in March.
Wow how did you get it that low? I got my sport for 35k with a 40k sticker. I'm loving this truck. I'm so happy I was able to get one I liked in my price range. It's slim Pickings in New York. I think the one I bought was the cheapest one I've seen in a hundred mile radius since the day they came out and it just so happened to be a 6-speed in silver.

z0lt3c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Wow how did you get it that low? I got my sport for 35k with a 40k sticker. I'm loving this truck. I'm so happy I was able to get one I liked in my price range. It's slim Pickings in New York. I think the one I bought was the cheapest one I've seen in a hundred mile radius since the day they came out and it just so happened to be a 6-speed in silver.

I got it for 7% off invoice, and then had $3000 in rebates which, worked out to about 18% off MSRP.

I also got a 76% RV on a 3yr lease from FCA.

Deleted member 30519

I got it for 7% off invoice, and then had $3000 in rebates which, worked out to about 18% off MSRP.

I also got a 76% RV on a 3yr lease from FCA.
Nice man. All my discounts were from employee pricing and $1,000 rebate so I didn't really have much wiggle room to get it lower because I didn't qualify for any additional rebates. Enjoy

Sponsored

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I probably will have to order what I want unless I go with a color I don't want. Not finding a lot of Sport S Gobi with the options I am looking for. Maybe one will pop up in the coming weeks

Jeepbeep123

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Occupation
Manager
I was offered Sport S Hydro blue. MAX tow. 7 inch radio(popular equipment package) "Preferred package 24s". Slush weather Mats. For $ 40,925.
This is out the door with ALL Taxes titles fees.

Dealer had all these dumb accessories I argued that no one wants those lol. I will try to get it lower. Worst case I wait until Christmas-New years. Any thoughts on this offer? Good deal? Or pass?

All it is is employee pricing plus 1k rebate. But the dumb dealer accessories jacked the price up.

Last edited:

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
I was offered Sport S Hydro blue. MAX tow. 7 inch radio(popular equipment package) "Preferred package 24s". Slush weather Mats. For $ 40,925.
This is out the door with ALL Taxes titles fees.

Dealer had all these dumb accessories I argued that no one wants those lol. I will try to get it lower. Worst case I wait until Christmas-New years. Any thoughts on this offer? Good deal? Or pass?

All it is is employee pricing plus 1k rebate. But the dumb dealer accessories jacked the price up.
What’s your tax rate? Where I live it’s 10%. Some areas are none to very minimal. This is the very reason I don’t think OTD pricing should include taxes as that can vary significantly by state.

Jeepbeep123

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Occupation
Manager
What’s your tax rate? Where I live it’s 10%. Some areas are none to very minimal. This is the very reason I don’t think OTD pricing should include taxes as that can vary significantly by state.
It is about 6.25% . But for OTD is that a bad deal? I can't avoid the taxes here haha.
So basically before taxes and fees about: $38,090.*

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
OTD pricing really has no perspective to anybody on the forum unless they are local to you and understand the tax rate structure. State and local taxes plus a particular dealers dealer fees are just going to vary from deal to deal.

For taxes alone, I pay a 1.5% tax in Delaware and someone in Arizona pays a 8% tax roughly. On a $50K vehicle, that is the difference between $750 and $4K in tax respectively without trade in offsets.

Discussion needs to be off the base MSRP sticker price with factory delivery fee only as your tax and dealer fee is going to a non-negotiable portion and has no meaning to most people to understand your deal.

Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
OTD pricing really has no perspective to anybody on the forum unless they are local to you and understand the tax rate structure. State and local taxes plus a particular dealers dealer fees are just going to vary from deal to deal.

For taxes alone, I pay a 1.5% tax in Delaware and someone in Arizona pays a 8% tax roughly. On a $50K vehicle, that is the difference between $750 and $4K in tax respectively without trade in offsets.

Discussion needs to be off the base MSRP sticker price with factory delivery fee only as your tax and dealer fee is going to a non-negotiable portion and has no meaning to most people to understand your deal.
I disagree on the dealer fees. Those ARE negotiable and something the dealer controls. IMO, on forums, OTD pricing should be price less government fees (tax and license). The dealer has zero control over government fees.

z0lt3c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It is about 6.25% . But for OTD is that a bad deal? I can't avoid the taxes here haha.
So basically before taxes and fees about: $38,090.*
Whats the MSRP on your build and what % below MSRP is your post-incentive price?

I disagree on the dealer fees. Those ARE negotiable and something the dealer controls.
The accuracy of this statement will vary by state, which is the point why OTD prices are hard to understand. Some states actually have laws now which limit the amount of fees dealers can charge. For example, in NY dealers fees cannot exceed $75. As to how negotiable these fees are, YMMV, in my experience most dealers will not negotiate their fees, and those who do, just back the fees into another area of the contract like selling price or APR. This is why vehicles are generally cheaper in NJ (where fees are not capped) versus NY (where they are capped).

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
Whats the MSRP on your build and what % below MSRP is your post-incentive price?

The accuracy of this statement will vary by state, which is the point why OTD prices are hard to understand. Some states actually have laws now which limit the amount of fees dealers can charge. For example, in NY dealers fees cannot exceed $75. As to how negotiable these fees are, YMMV, in my experience most dealers will not negotiate their fees, and those who do, just back the fees into another area of the contract like selling price or APR. This is why vehicles are generally cheaper in NJ (where fees are not capped) versus NY (where they are capped).
In the very example you provide you specifically state the dealer fees can’t exceed $75 in NY. So the dealer can charge $0. They can charge $.99, $1.50...They CAN NOT however change the sales tax rate. I don’t disagree they’ll just move it to another bucket. Just bough a new car and that’s what they did. Don’t really care because I just care about the final price.

Jeepbeep123

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Occupation
Manager
Wow I thought I would get some insight on the price I was offered and instead got a bunch of nitpicking and argueing semantics hahahaha. Ok so the MSRP is $43,290. The discounted price (without taxes and fees) is $38,090. The price on which I would drive off the lot, and walk out the door with(no offense if you don't like that term) or final price including tax is $40,930. I don't know the invoice at this moment.

$43,290 msrp
$38,090 with specials/employee pricing/rebate
$40,930 after all taxes and fees

I am not going to list every fee . Stop being annoying about OTD you are being OCD ;) haha just messing don't get all offended. I don't want to argue about it I don't care. I'll just say vehicle plus all taxes/fees so not to trigger you people ;)

Jeepbeep123

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Occupation
Manager

Posted more details on the prices on another comments here. MSRP $43,290. Discount 38,090 so about %12 off MSRP
Sponsored