Sport S to Rubicon Flares.

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I am looking at upgrading my Sport S fender flares to the highline Rubicon style flares. I currently have the single bulb turn signal housing with no daytime running light. I have done some looking and haven't found a exact answer for my situation. What will I have to change to do this? I know obviously the fender flares and light housings but will the lights be plug and play? just wanting to make sure I know what I am doing before I buy some Rubicon Flares.

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MHulsey91

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone? I know someone in here has to have done this before.

jludave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
What will I have to change to do this? I know obviously the fender flares and light housings but will the lights be plug and play?
I believe the harness for the lights are different. The halogen light harness does not have the extra wire for the DRLs. Make sure you get the harness for the LED lights.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
There are several videos on YouTube cost for the fender kit with liners is around $800

HeartwoodJT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
You don’t have to change anything. I upgraded mine also with no issues. I used my taser to program the new LED turn signals. When my headlights are off, the DRLs are amber. When the headlights are on, they are white. No need for any new harness or wiring. I was also concerned because of the ambiguity online regarding the single bulb DRL swap but have no issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MHulsey91

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t have to change anything. I upgraded mine also with no issues. I used my taser to program the new LED turn signals. When my headlights are off, the DRLs are amber. When the headlights are on, they are white. No need for any new harness or wiring. I was also concerned because of the ambiguity online regarding the single bulb DRL swap but have no issues.
Thats kinda odd that they are amber for DRL. Glad to know they use the some connectors though.

HeartwoodJT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
You will need a special rivet gun, harbor freight has one for cheap. I broke almost all the tabs off the sport fenders trying to remove, so check the tabs if you’re buying used. Yes, IDK why the daytime are amber, could be a setting I missed in tazer.

OP
OP
MHulsey91

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will need a special rivet gun, harbor freight has one for cheap. I broke almost all the tabs off the sport fenders trying to remove, so check the tabs if you’re buying used. Yes, IDK why the daytime are amber, could be a setting I missed in tazer.
I already got one of the rivet guns from my JK days and I guess that its a possibility that it was a missed setting.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@MHulsey91 If u do find any available, please let me know as I visited the dealer last week and confirmed that they are all back ordered until August. I also confirmed with several vendors as well and they have no eta.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MHulsey91

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MHulsey91 If u do find any available, please let me know as I visited the dealer last week and confirmed that they are all back ordered until August. I also confirmed with several vendors as well and they have no eta.
I have been looking for a while and had some pop up here local to me. I really want some Firecracker Red ones but at this point I will take what I can get.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to do the same, but ended up snagging the bushwacker flared for 360ish a long while back on Amazon. Realized afterwards when I was running trailed with a JTR in the group that the narrower front angle of the bushwackers let me into some places that the Rubi highline flares would rub on (was a narrow steep short climb). As an additional bonus most all aftermarket flares give even more tire clearance then the Rubi Highlines.

OP
OP
MHulsey91

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wanted to do the same, but ended up snagging the bushwacker flared for 360ish a long while back on Amazon. Realized afterwards when I was running trailed with a JTR in the group that the narrower front angle of the bushwackers let me into some places that the Rubi highline flares would rub on (was a narrow steep short climb). As an additional bonus most all aftermarket flares give even more tire clearance then the Rubi Highlines.
I would look at Bushhackers but I had such a terrible experience with them on my JKU that I will never buy a set of them again.

Wet Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I've read the Bushwackers won't work with the stock fender liners, were you able to make it work?

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
I found a guy here locally selling his for $250. Ill see if I can find a video.
Thats a solid deal! I'm waiting on a deal like that as well.
Sponsored