First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, Gator Sport S
Occupation
Millwright
So I have had this message a week, is the battery shot? Is it an electrical issue? Any experiences here? Battery covered under warranty?
IMG_20210620_094441453.jpg
Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
There a numerous threads on this issues already going. You may be best reading some of them and finding the related solution to your issue.

BLUF - Maybe
Maybe
Plenty
Yes

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So I have had this message a week, is the battery shot? Is it an electrical issue? Any experiences here? Battery covered under warranty?
Jeep Gladiator Start/stop not active Battery Charging. IMG_20210620_094441453
Depends - how long did it sit before you drove it again? More than a couple of days and our Jeeps do that. "It depends". Longer it sits in the garage, the greater the chance of seeing that. Long last trip, lower chance, short trip to town then it sits 2 days, you're gonna see that. But like Kevin said - there's a wealth of info out there in other threads on that exact topic.

OP
OP
jfhull71

jfhull71

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Millwright
Depends - how long did it sit before you drove it again? More than a couple of days and our Jeeps do that. "It depends". Longer it sits in the garage, the greater the chance of seeing that. Long last trip, lower chance, short trip to town then it sits 2 days, you're gonna see that. But like Kevin said - there's a wealth of info out there in other threads on that exact topic.
Driven daily. Never sits except when I went on vacation in February...7 Days of bitter cold, outside at airport and didn't get this message. Still had this message after a one and half hour drive last Friday

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Driven daily. Never sits except when I went on vacation in February...7 Days of bitter cold, outside at airport and didn't get this message. Still had this message after a one and half hour drive last Friday
Then I'd have the dealer check it........... these are weird and picky but driving it daily even for just a half hour or hour should negate that sort of thing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jfhull71

jfhull71

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Millwright
Then I'd have the dealer check it........... these are weird and picky but driving it daily even for just a half hour or hour should negate that sort of thing.
Thanks for the reply, I don't trust my dealer. Had the steering box TSB done and jeep wave oil change and the results were...rotated tires but left my Mopar wheel lock key on his toolbox, which resulted in return visit number 2, didn't reset the oil life monitor, didn't center the steering wheel which resulted in return visit number 3, and didn't flash the electric power steering computer which resulted in visit number 4. Four visits for a tab and oil change, then the service writer had the nerve to call and ask why I didn't fill out the satisfaction survey, I told him do you REALLY WANT ME TO FILL IT OUT TRUTHFULLY? Cause I'm not going to lie for you, I gave you the benefit of the doubt NOT FILLING IT OUT. He just got quiet

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Recently had the same issue. Dealer replaced both batteries. He said they have replaced under warranty a dozen sets since the first of the year. Problem fixed so far.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Recently had the same issue. Dealer replaced both batteries. He said they have replaced under warranty a dozen sets since the first of the year. Problem fixed so far.
Happened weeks before we traded in my wife's 2018 WK2. At that time the dealer guy said they'd seen a bunch of bad batteries recently. And that was a 2018. You'd think that by...........

OP
OP
jfhull71

jfhull71

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Millwright
Thanks for the reply

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE-Billet, 21 F150 Tremor, 98 Jeep XJ, 68 Bronco
Had this issue, dealer replaced the small battery, which did not fix the issue. I replaced the IBS on the negative battery terminal and that fixed the issue.

Sponsored

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Had this issue, dealer replaced the small battery, which did not fix the issue. I replaced the IBS on the negative battery terminal and that fixed the issue.
IBS? I just switched out the aux battery and it still says charging.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Intelligent Battery Sensor...........
hm. My main battery voltage on a stop is 12.6-7 volts. I thought it was fine and the aux was the issue. Now… kind of stuck. Not sure what to look at. The IBS might be the culprit then?

I will also admit I changed the aux battery without disconnecting the main. I will also admit I tested the aux battery by using my ratchet to kiss both terminals at the same time.
#safety

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I have had way too many visits to the dealer for this issue.

They've reset the system numerous times, replaced the IBS, and refused to acknowledge the problem repeatedly.

They consistently tell me the batteries pass load and diagnostic, but won’t acknowledge the fact the ESS always says “charging”.

My issues started one-year ago. I spent October through May with @JeepCares and my dealer. While @JeepCares was very friendly, they did not appear to be able to exercise any influence over the dealers assessments or inaction.

In May, the batteries started working again.

I honestly think whatever batteries influence the “ESS Charging“ error simply can not function in “light jacket” weather or colder.

Since the system would actually work for a few days when I connected it to a trickle charger (in the colder months), I decided to hook up a Cascadia 4x4 solar panel to try to keep the batteries tended.

I know I could’ve just done the batteries myself, but there’s something about eating so much money in a truck, the Mopar warranty, and all the time at the dealers and on the phone with @JeepCares that made me refuse to put the money into what they should have taken ownership of.

So I spent double on an accessory working around a manufacturer’s issue. I think that’s the best definition of “It’s a Jeep Thing”, I’ve come to learn.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
I just disconnected all 12v. Well see what happens over the next few days.
Sponsored