First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon Diesel, VW Passat gas
Occupation
Yes
I will try to keep this short, I have owned 4 jeeps over the years and 3 diesels. We are finally able to down size and I am needing something that has towing and payload capability and still be somewhat fuel efficient. Which is why I have decided on the Gladiator Ecodiesel. I have been reading and looking for days so most of my questions have been answered and the ones that haven't been answered are subjective. The dilemma for me is I would like to order but really cant wait the 8-12 weeks to be without a vehicle. So going off of what is on the lot and available within a reasonable distance obviously have tradeoffs on what configuration they have vs what I would like. So I am trying to decide what is worth a compromise etc...

I would like the dual top option but seems I get either the hard top or soft top equipped not both. I would like color matched but can live without it.
I am pretty set on leather seats based off of previous experience with cloth in almost all my previous jeeps. (I have kids and pets that travel with me)
I will say I am not that picky with color choice but would at least like to see it in person before deciding and that's slim as well....
Lastly Price seems to be either a base Sport S model or loaded overland or Rubicon with nothing in-between either way I either sacrifice options for the sport, or get a lot more things I dont want on the upper level trim models.... UGH....
I appreciate suggestions or experiences thanks in advance.....

JJ
Sponsored

Last edited:

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Yes a factory order would be the best due to you getting to build a new vehicle you want but yes… the wait sucks but isn’t that bad… definitely been there.
You should build a list of no compromise items and stick to them… I was lucky and find a used rubi gasser that had everything I wanted.

good luck sir

OP
OP
AwesomeDad

AwesomeDad

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon Diesel, VW Passat gas
Occupation
Yes
Yes a factory order would be the best due to you getting to build a new vehicle you want but yes… the wait sucks but isn’t that bad… definitely been there.
You should build a list of no compromise items and stick to them… I was lucky and find a used rubi gasser that had everything I wanted.

good luck sir
I appreciate it, I am going tomorrow and talk to the dealer about and order, and see what can be worked out.

JJ

HouseOfWolves

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Damn. That made my head hurt.

Divide your list into "must have" and "want to have" and go from there based upon availability in the are are you are searching.

Don't be afraid to go well beyond your comfortable search area. I ultimately purchased my JTR from a dealer about an hour from my house. Negotiated everything online, and they delivered the ride.
Sponsored