Lift questions.

Dasiemen

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I have a JTRD and I am pretty set with the 2.5 AEV lift (due to a bunch of weight that will be in the bed). I would usually work on the truck myself but, I am still a little cautious messing with the warranty, being the new diesel. I contacted a few dealerships around where I work in west Texas. I was seeing if they would install the lift and keep the factory warranty. One said “if you get anything over 2” and not mopar, it will void the warranty for the suspension, transmission, and engine.” Now I’m aware of the suspension being voided because it isn’t mopar parts, but everything else? If y’all have any advice or if there’s any dealers in or around west Texas that could help me out, I’d appreciate it.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
If full warranty is a concern, you are limited to the Mopar lift, and may need to pay the dealer to install it. Warranty issues after a lift install depend entirely on the dealer. Check your neighborhood and surrounding areas for lifted Jeeps and ask them about their dealer experiences.

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
They will have to prove the parts you installed have effected the parts that have broken. Now seeing that the offer a factory approved lift kit will make it harder form them to prove this.

2TH MVR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD. Audi A7, Alfa Romeo 4C
Occupation
Orthodontist
I just picked up my brand new ordered JTRD last night :). Before picking it up ... I had the dealership install the 2 in mopar lift along and a front 3/4 inch leveling spacer. I am beyond happy. The lift seems a little taller than 2 inches.

I also went ahead and purchased an extended 7 year warranty for piece of mind. With Tread Lightly ... this extended warranty was around $2500. Well worth it for a new diesel platform. The point is ..... the writing on the extended warranty ALSO includes the mopar lift itself.

For piece of mind ... why not go with the mopar lift and not take any chances.

Diesl Jp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel; 2013 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Meat Popsicle
Google Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. It's illegal for a manufacturer to deny a warranty claim solely because you didn't use a specific brand, or to deny a claim for a component that is unrelated. For example, they couldn't reasonably refuse to honor an engine claim due to a lifted suspension, unless they can prove how/why it caused the failure.
Now that doesn't mean any given dealership is going to play nicely and just role over; you may be in for some level of a fight depending on the who and the what and the how $$$. 'Cause the bad ones know that most people will just huff and puff and eff off instead of contacting an attorney.

Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Google Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. It's illegal for a manufacturer to deny a warranty claim solely because you didn't use a specific brand, or to deny a claim for a component that is unrelated. For example, they couldn't reasonably refuse to honor an engine claim due to a lifted suspension, unless they can prove how/why it caused the failure.
Now that doesn't mean any given dealership is going to play nicely and just role over; you may be in for some level of a fight depending on the who and the what and the how $$$. 'Cause the bad ones know that most people will just huff and puff and eff off instead of contacting an attorney.
Exactly what I been saying. But...

FYI before they even look at it, you WILL be charged a diag fee ($120-200, pending on stealership) before they can determine cause and repair. This fee will be refunded if ur not at fault and repair is covered under warranty.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
The manufacturer can refuse to pay for any repair if they want to. It would then be up to the customer to take the manufacturer to court to get a judgement. As you said that will be a battle and more than likely a costly one.
Sponsored