Sponsored

Replacement Recalled fuel pump started leaking while trying to sell the truck!!

gladtohave

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Online sales
I had my recall done 400 miles ago and today while talking to a perspective buyer for my truck the thing starts pissin over my driveway . Everything is so buried I can'r see $h!t . Anyone else experience this after the recall . I do have an appointment tomorrow .

IMG_6682.jpeg
Sponsored

Towzone100

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S Ecodiesel.
Occupation
Chief technology officer, engineer and inventor
Wow, Sorry to hear that. I'm waiting on parts for my dealer to perform my recall, but after seeing this, I'm not too sure I want to do it.

Hell, my dealer killed my battery after changing the fuel filter because they were unaware they needed to prime the fuel system first. So, just let the truck sit and crank. Now I do it myself. No one takes pride in their work anymore.

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
I'm honestly not surprised. When my Gen 1 Ecodiesel in my 2014 Grand Cherokee blew up, dealer replaced it and didn't secure like any hoses or wiring. There is no accountability, pride or quality control in America anymore as we spiral into a low trust society.

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Check the return line to the tank. The high pressure line would blow diesel everywhere.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gladtohave

gladtohave

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Online sales
Check the return line to the tank. The high pressure line would blow diesel everywhere.
That could be it as it is about a drip every minute or so and a return wouldn't have the high pressure . Walking out the door now to drive it the 8 miles to the dealer to retry sealing it up . On a side note if she catches fire on the way there I won't have to worry about finding a buyer for the thing LOL :) .

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
That could be it as it is about a drip every minute or so and a return wouldn't have the high pressure . Walking out the door now to drive it the 8 miles to the dealer to retry sealing it up . On a side note if she catches fire on the way there I won't have to worry about finding a buyer for the thing LOL :) .
Kind of want to know if you made it or not now….lol

My money is on a failed or improperly seated O-ring on the return line.

OP
OP
gladtohave

gladtohave

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Online sales
Kind of want to know if you made it or not now….lol

My money is on a failed or improperly seated O-ring on the return line.
Well it made it there and no fire . I do hope it is something simple like the return line .. I will report what the fix was when I get her back .

Towzone100

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S Ecodiesel.
Occupation
Chief technology officer, engineer and inventor
Well it made it there and no fire . I do hope it is something simple like the return line .. I will report what the fix was when I get her back .
Thats good to hear. Please let us know what you find out.

OP
OP
gladtohave

gladtohave

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Online sales
Went and picked it up and seems
Thats good to hear. Please let us know what you find out.
Ok it is now back home and no dripping diesel . I did notice on the paperwork that they state it was after an oil change that the customer ( me ) informed them of the leak . That is not true and the only reason it was there in the 1st place was only for the recall work . Why did they need to lie and say it was after an oil change that the leak was noticed and not after the fuel pump replacement it was noticed which is the truth .

IMG_6697.jpeg

Sponsored

Alc

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Mine had the same issue…leaked everywhere all over my garage and my engine belts after the recall. They towed the vehicle and apparently one of the fittings on the line into the pump was loose on the new fuel pump when it was delivered. Why they didn’t check before installation it is beyond me but most likely these recalls are so new they’re still trying to figure it all out. Mine is now good to go but when you shut it down the solenoid on top of the fuel pump is super loud (buzzing) for a few minutes then finally shuts off.

OP
OP
gladtohave

gladtohave

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Online sales
i'm not-holding anything against the tech but why the advisor put down that I had an Oil change there and I found the fuel leak after the oil change . The thing is I never got an oil change there only the fuel pump recall .
So what was the cause/fix?
Don't know what the actual cause was . Sandevino was saying he. was thinking the return line o-ring and I think he nailed it as it was not an out of control high pressure spray but a very slow drip . I asked the service advisor what it was and he didn't know but assured it was fixed .

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
lmfao f*** them. Write a complaint to Jeep. They don't care either, but flame them anyway. Hit the dealer on Yelp.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
BTW what does your Oil % read? ( the maintenance interval reading - remaining % ). Surely it would be at 100 or 99% right?
Sponsored