Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I did a search for all Jeep recalls. Nothing for steering wheel, not even a mention of the heated wheel - however, found this fun fact -

Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling 539 model year 2018 Jeep Wranglers.

The intermediate steering shaft may not have been properly welded causing a split where the external spline is formed.
If the weld seam splits, the steering wheel may lose center positioning causing a loss of steering responsiveness and increasing the risk of a crash.
Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, replace the intermediate steering shaft, free of charge.
Sponsored

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
Well hell, my heated steering wheel stopped working yesterday. Iā€™ll push the button and the light comes on for a few seconds then goes off. Saw another post where they have to replace the steering wheel due to a melted wire.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Well hell, my heated steering wheel stopped working yesterday. Iā€™ll push the button and the light comes on for a few seconds then goes off. Saw another post where they have to replace the steering wheel due to a melted wire.
Have you had the chance to visit your preferred FCA dealer for this, JOKER8R? At this time, we do recommend setting an appointment for diagnosis. Should you have any questions or like additional assistance, we are available in private message.

Kate
JeepCares

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you had the chance to visit your preferred FCA dealer for this, JOKER8R? At this time, we do recommend setting an appointment for diagnosis. Should you have any questions or like additional assistance, we are available in private message.

Kate
JeepCares
Thanks Kate, I havenā€™t yet. I will when I get time plus I may wait a couple weeks in case anything else comes up

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thanks Kate, I havenā€™t yet. I will when I get time plus I may wait a couple weeks in case anything else comes up
Understood, JOKER8R. Keep us updated!

Kate
JeepCares

Sponsored

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€œUPDATEā€ interestingly it worked 1-1/2 times today. Came on for the entire trip to the store, came back on when I left the store then shut off half way home. I will be taking it to the dealer but just wanted to share whatā€™s happening.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
ā€œUPDATEā€ interestingly it worked 1-1/2 times today. Came on for the entire trip to the store, came back on when I left the store then shut off half way home. I will be taking it to the dealer but just wanted to share whatā€™s happening.
Thanks for letting us know, JOKER8R! Still visit the dealer and we will be here as an extra layer of assistance.

Kate
JeepCares