First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Don’t forget about the Rusty’s and Core4x4 offerings as well. They both look pretty decent as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Arisdocjk

Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Optometrist
It is more of a shimmy in the steering wheel, not true bump steer and definitely not death wobble. The nut connecting the drag link end to the knuckle keeps loosening and the adjustment bolt for centering the steering wheel. I think I might just have a defective one from the factory. I have a Mojave with the AEV spacer lift. I was noticing these problems before I added the AEV kit.

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
Check out metalcloaks steering kit also. They are running a sale today. I was back and forth between theirs and rpm on mine. Figured I’d try the aluminum stuff this go around.

OP
OP
Arisdocjk

Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Optometrist
I installed the steersmarts yeti drag link yesterday. Solid as a rock now.

LeonKos

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Graphic designer
I’m hoping anyone can give me some tips on the RPM tie rod, long story short I had the whole 2.5 ton steering kit installed at a shop, a few weeks later both lock nuts on either side on the ends came loose, I brought it back and they fixed it. Now 3 months later one of them is loose again, is this just technician error when installing or is there something wrong with my actual tie rod? I do have a 2019 wrangler, with 4 inch lift on 35’s, but figured this wouldn’t hurt to ask here.
here are pics from both instances, back in May and yesterday.
Jeep Gladiator Steersmarts vs rpm vs apex chasis 5F54094B-30E8-492D-B94C-6A9CB41F387F
Jeep Gladiator Steersmarts vs rpm vs apex chasis C6649D56-C28D-4C19-BF50-A666CF8D28E2

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I’m hoping anyone can give me some tips on the RPM tie rod, long story short I had the whole 2.5 ton steering kit installed at a shop, a few weeks later both lock nuts on either side on the ends came loose, I brought it back and they fixed it. Now 3 months later one of them is loose again, is this just technician error when installing or is there something wrong with my actual tie rod? I do have a 2019 wrangler, with 4 inch lift on 35’s, but figured this wouldn’t hurt to ask here.
here are pics from both instances, back in May and yesterday.
5F54094B-30E8-492D-B94C-6A9CB41F387F.jpeg
C6649D56-C28D-4C19-BF50-A666CF8D28E2.jpeg
1. First re-validate your toe in, and make sure it is correct.
2. Take blue locktite and pour it over the threads near the washer.
3. Use a two cresent wrenches, ie. 15 inch and 18 inch and tighten the lock nuts with as much strength as you can muster. Use your legs and pull like crazy.
4. Mark the nut and bar with paint pen so you know when it comes loose.
5. Let the Blue locktite dry before driving again.

This procedure has worked well for me. I just ran The Rubicon trail with my RPM stuff and neither bars came loose, and my RPM tie rod took lots of rock hits. Still straight as an arrow. Really like the RPM stuff so far.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
1. First re-validate your toe in, and make sure it is correct.
2. Take blue locktite and pour it over the threads near the washer.
3. Use a two cresent wrenches, ie. 15 inch and 18 inch and tighten the lock nuts with as much strength as you can muster. Use your legs and pull like crazy.
4. Mark the nut and bar with paint pen so you know when it comes loose.
5. Let the Blue locktite dry before driving again.

This procedure has worked well for me. I just ran The Rubicon trail with my RPM stuff and neither bars came loose, and my RPM tie rod took lots of rock hits. Still straight as an arrow. Really like the RPM stuff so far.

What he said.

My tie rod hasnt come loose on the RPM steering stuff, but I was fighting with my draglink for the longest time. On the draglink i had to rotate the pitman arm side forward if that makes sense then lock it down with the double crescent wrench method to get it to actually stay.
Sponsored