Sponsored

Stellantis website down for 10 days

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
Will be interesting to see how mine tracks once I get some numbers for it. Got an email saying thanks for the order, and it was accepted.
1651636048880.png
Nice I didn't know you ended up putting in an order.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Nice I didn't know you ended up putting in an order.
Yesterday I went to the place I swore I'd never order another vehicle from. I sent ahead what I had been offered on my current truck, and what others were giving me for new prices. Keep in mind thi is a MSRP ONLY dealership. They have never sold anything below MSRP and don't take affiliate pricing.
I went in and said I had a number written down - my goal for the "difference" between the value of my trade and what a new one would cost.
The same guy I worked with before appeared to have his hands untied. He came out of the manager's office and said he got approval to work with me on pricing. It's not the Gupton 6 or 7%, nor is it what a couple of other Iowa dealers do, but it wasn't far off, and I get to keep my truck until a new arrives, and they want me to completely strip my truck of all changes I've made. (and that will save me a little bit)
They missed my goal number by about $300 or so - I could have shopped around 'til the cows came home and my grandson retired in 60 year but I thought it was convenient as heck, I got them to bend - a win in itself, I know exactly what I'm getting for my truck where others wouldn't give me a number until the new one came in due to the market being weird.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Yesterday I went to the place I swore I'd never order another vehicle from. I sent ahead what I had been offered on my current truck, and what others were giving me for new prices. Keep in mind thi is a MSRP ONLY dealership. They have never sold anything below MSRP and don't take affiliate pricing.
I went in and said I had a number written down - my goal for the "difference" between the value of my trade and what a new one would cost.
The same guy I worked with before appeared to have his hands untied. He came out of the manager's office and said he got approval to work with me on pricing. It's not the Gupton 6 or 7%, nor is it what a couple of other Iowa dealers do, but it wasn't far off, and I get to keep my truck until a new arrives, and they want me to completely strip my truck of all changes I've made. (and that will save me a little bit)
They missed my goal number by about $300 or so - I could have shopped around 'til the cows came home and my grandson retired in 60 year but I thought it was convenient as heck, I got them to bend - a win in itself, I know exactly what I'm getting for my truck where others wouldn't give me a number until the new one came in due to the market being weird.
There's a lot of cows in Iowa, how do you figure when they have officially come home?

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
My dealer is the same, but will give me the affiliate price, BUT it hasn't arrived yet so "it ain't over till it's over".

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.

This is real. Only the names have been changed to protect the stupid.

Warning - language

Sponsored

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

This is real. Only the names have been changed to protect the stupid.

Warning - language
LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL...

Pburnett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Volvo XC90, waiting on 22 gladiator
Occupation
Naval Engineer
Confirmed today that the VIN tracking is back up...

Off to Toledo Raceway yard for my gladiator tomorrow. Ship 5/13. Which is somewhat strange as I thought that the Gupton ones went by truck.

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
Confirmed today that the VIN tracking is back up...

Off to Toledo Raceway yard for my gladiator tomorrow. Ship 5/13. Which is somewhat strange as I thought that the Gupton ones went by truck.
Jeep Gladiator Stellantis website down for 10 days CBF7F017-6CDD-41E5-86C9-E4B5598314CF

Not for me

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
Just for shits-n-giggles I checked with Chat today about my order which has been delivered to the dealer. Chat still shows it is in storage on the lot in Toledo. I hope they get things pulled together with this.

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just for shits-n-giggles I checked with Chat today about my order which has been delivered to the dealer. Chat still shows it is in storage on the lot in Toledo. I hope they get things pulled together with this.
Yep, my sales guy told me to take Chat for a grain of salt.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
There's a lot of cows in Iowa, how do you figure when they have officially come home?
Brilliant!
That is the best comeback I have ever seen.

I think I'll see if Iowa State University has any ideas on this. Maybe their computer engineering people can meet with their college of veterinary medicine.......
Sponsored