First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Manual
Occupation
A&P
Hey, guys! I am about 10-15 days out from going to the dealer and ordering a Rubicon Gladiator and I had some questions. I made an account a couple months ago and have been reading up on certain topics including the wonderful pricing spreadsheet. I still had a few questions as this is my first vehicle order and first Jeep purchase from a dealer (previous Jk, Tj, Yj, misc Grand Cherokees, etc were all private party). I am looking at ordering a manual 2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon Gladiator with the only options being: hardtop (black), 8.4 premium audio group, tow package, and obviously the "non-white" paint color surcharge. The closest dealer to me is Daytona Beach CDJR with New Smyrna and Orlando being only slightly further. Should I look at ordering from a high volume dealer? What should I be looking at in terms of out the door cost vs MSRP? I am putting a considerable amount down (~30-40%) and am trading in a vehicle that has plenty of positive equity in it at the moment. I know this has been discussed plenty of times, I just wanted to get some answers for myself as this is one of my first "real" vehicle purchases like this. Thank you everyone for an excellent forum and I hope to have a Jeep build to share with everyone soon!!
Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Congrats on the pending order.
There is an awful lot to the questions you are asking. For the price, I think there are still some people getting around 5% below invoice. Maybe more off can be found. Search the forum here as I seem to remember someone mentioning a salesperson at I believe New Smyrna Beach getting deals. Really you are going to have to do some leg work. I have not seen a good pattern as to which dealers will give a good deal. Remember that they don't all figure it the same. Many dealers will pull out the delivery charge, discount the price and then add the delivery fee back in. Also pay attention to dealer fees. Florida doesn't really regulate these. I got a pretty good deal at 6% below invoice in the Tampa area. The did a straight discount including the delivery fee. But they had an $800 dealer fee. I did my math and it was still worth it. I would have had to travel out of state so there would have been those expenses. It didn't hurt that the GM recognized me as someone that gets parts and service there often.
As most people will tell you, negotiate your trade separate. You could have them value that first before you talk price on the JT. If you have a lot of trade value remember that you don't pay tax on that in Florida so even if a 3rd party may offer a little more for your trade calculate in how much you will save on taxes by trading on the purchase. My trade was 22k so it saved me close to 50% of the taxes I would have had to pay.
It is a frustrating process so don't let it beat you up. Only YOU can decide if you are happy with the deal. And don't believe all the people saying they got 10% off invoice or something like that, I'm not buying it.

JayKrup

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Congrats on the pending order.
There is an awful lot to the questions you are asking. For the price, I think there are still some people getting around 5% below invoice. Maybe more off can be found. Search the forum here as I seem to remember someone mentioning a salesperson at I believe New Smyrna Beach getting deals. Really you are going to have to do some leg work. I have not seen a good pattern as to which dealers will give a good deal. Remember that they don't all figure it the same. Many dealers will pull out the delivery charge, discount the price and then add the delivery fee back in. Also pay attention to dealer fees. Florida doesn't really regulate these. I got a pretty good deal at 6% below invoice in the Tampa area. The did a straight discount including the delivery fee. But they had an $800 dealer fee. I did my math and it was still worth it. I would have had to travel out of state so there would have been those expenses. It didn't hurt that the GM recognized me as someone that gets parts and service there often.
As most people will tell you, negotiate your trade separate. You could have them value that first before you talk price on the JT. If you have a lot of trade value remember that you don't pay tax on that in Florida so even if a 3rd party may offer a little more for your trade calculate in how much you will save on taxes by trading on the purchase. My trade was 22k so it saved me close to 50% of the taxes I would have had to pay.
It is a frustrating process so don't let it beat you up. Only YOU can decide if you are happy with the deal. And don't believe all the people saying they got 10% off invoice or something like that, I'm not buying it.
8% under at a Gupton Motors that’s a fact! Not including rebates, military, first responders. 10 percent is easily attainable.

OP
OP
guitarshredder7

guitarshredder7

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Manual
Occupation
A&P
Thanks for all the advice! I was actually able to find a white rubicon hardtop manual at Jerry Ulm with all the options I wanted. Picked her up the other day!

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for all the advice! I was actually able to find a white rubicon hardtop manual at Jerry Ulm with all the options I wanted. Picked her up the other day!
Rules require pics with statements like that.

Sponsored