Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Good hell.. here, here is the screenshot. I don't know what is so hard to believe.

B598C620-D6AD-45F3-A0F9-6C19A41D5EFE.jpeg
Not sure what's up but I'm the one that posted the quote/snippet showing it was down, reported on the 14th, this is the 27th and no resolution after nearly 2 weeks............

I'd say that's not only believing, but saying they have serious trouble with their IT people if they can't resolve an issue in 2 weeks.

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
Not sure what's up but I'm the one that posted the quote/snippet showing it was down, reported on the 14th, this is the 27th and no resolution after nearly 2 weeks............

I'd say that's not only believing, but saying they have serious trouble with their IT people if they can't resolve an issue in 2 weeks.
Jeep Gladiator Stellantis website down for 10 days 4112630D-75B7-4305-9D67-2EC86C2F3A49

Nothing to see here.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Stellantis website down for 10 days 4112630D-75B7-4305-9D67-2EC86C2F3A49

Nothing to see here.
I'm thinking of a word or two but it might mean a bit of a vacation.
Are they serious? My team would have been looking for new work if it had taken even one week to resolve crashes and attacks that resulted in downtime weren't even an option.
Checking back in a week or so?
I hope those IT people don't handle any mission critical stuff.
What are they doing, starting from scratch?
I recall coordinating things when the web team at PFG ignored my "suggestion" that they were going to be attacked and needed to make the latest updates. The result - I worked nearly 24 hours straight through trying to keep the whole damned system of 1500 servers and 16,000 endpoints from being compromised. The company president got involved - things were mostly up by later the next day. The web team was talked to....... the prez says "never again will any customer ever see anything but our normal web sites, not even for a few minutes".
That company handles billions in 401Ks, insurance products and more - that man was hot.

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
I'm thinking of a word or two but it might mean a bit of a vacation.
Are they serious? My team would have been looking for new work if it had taken even one week to resolve crashes and attacks that resulted in downtime weren't even an option.
Checking back in a week or so?
I hope those IT people don't handle any mission critical stuff.
What are they doing, starting from scratch?
I recall coordinating things when the web team at PFG ignored my "suggestion" that they were going to be attacked and needed to make the latest updates. The result - I worked nearly 24 hours straight through trying to keep the whole damned system of 1500 servers and 16,000 endpoints from being compromised. The company president got involved - things were mostly up by later the next day. The web team was talked to....... the prez says "never again will any customer ever see anything but our normal web sites, not even for a few minutes".
That company handles billions in 401Ks, insurance products and more - that man was hot.
I mean this the stuff we've been dealing with for months. A case was opened regarding my shipment on the 23rd of March. I got an email saying they would have updates for me soon. (it's the same standard email everyone gets). I replied to the email 3 separate times asking if there were any updates. What did I get back.. crickets. And yes it does say to reply back to the email with questions. Nothing I can do about it, but the fact the communication is pathetic and it's just sitting with no ETA is extremely frustrating. The worst part is, when the ETA system is back up, I'll likely get "good news your vehicle is in the shipping stage, there is no eta at this time however" blah blah blah @JeepCares get your act together

Reactions: RS3

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I mean this the stuff we've been dealing with for months. A case was opened regarding my shipment on the 23rd of March. I got an email saying they would have updates for me soon. (it's the same standard email everyone gets). I replied to the email 3 separate times asking if there were any updates. What did I get back.. crickets. And yes it does say to reply back to the email with questions. Nothing I can do about it, but the fact the communication is pathetic and it's just sitting with no ETA is extremely frustrating. The worst part is, when the ETA system is back up, I'll likely get "good news your vehicle is in the shipping stage, there is no eta at this time however" blah blah blah @JeepCares get your act together
It’s obvious that Jeep doesn’t care… lol

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did you order, bud?

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Diesel
Safety group
Bed liner
Cold weather package
Tech group
8.4 inch screen
All weather mats

Build was done Feb 22
Ridiculous, you should have it already

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Diesel
Safety group
Bed liner
Cold weather package
Tech group
8.4 inch screen
All weather mats

Build was done Feb 22
I really considered the diesel but I was concerned about reliability, that’s why I went with the proven 3.6 V6

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Sport S Diesel
Safety group
Bed liner
Cold weather package
Tech group
8.4 inch screen
All weather mats

Build was done Feb 22
My JTRD was built on 2/14. I picked it up on 2/28. And it was mostly loaded.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My JTRD was built on 2/14. I picked it up on 2/28. And it was mostly loaded.
How many days it take after you ordered for it to arrive?

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
There was a severe Apache log4j vulnerability identified a few months ago that most industries are still working to mitigate. The patch isn’t something dev ops or even info sec can address (usually) because it isn’t easily patched via automated script. Engineer(s) need to be brought in so many have decided to leave it alone to save money. This will continue to have repercussions as this is a particularly nasty vulnerability allowing for remote calls on the server, essentially remote control. It’s safer for orgs to take themselves down to protect sensitive data and call it breach mitigation while they figure out a plan.

The most vulnerable are legacy stacks such as what you see nearly all back-office/process oriented systems in play at most automotive companies. Software/system engineers go to places like Stellantis to wind down their careers in peace or rest & vest ; ) Horribly old tech.

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
I've started losing interest in it at this point. Pretty pathetic.
Sponsored