Stock Jeep Support Group

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
For my JTR, I would like to keep it stock but need emotional support.
Nothing wrong with stock, especially on a Rubi. I love my unmodded JTR the way it is, right down to the dealer sticker on the tailgate (I know... :facepalm:)

Though the Mopar 2" lift with 35s sure looks tempting....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Hi my name is jack and I’m a stocker!
Ordered a Mojave which is very capable of doing what I need it to do, with mild trail driving and most workouts will be towing and driving on east coast beaches surf fishing. I think I have it worse then you I am probably the only guy on this site to have checked out Falkens website to see what narrower 33” tires they have and they do have 33”/ 10” wide versus the factory wide tires, and they weigh a lot less....
......Hi my name is Jack and I have a problem!
I think the Falken 255/80r17’s are the PERFECT tire for a Max Tow that is actually used for towing.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought mine and other than new rims (not a fan of the stock Sport rims) have no intention of modding anything. This is about my 10th Jeep and I've learned my lesson on tires/lifts/shiny things :)
gladiator.jpg
I did the same thing, hate those rims, I was able to pick up a set of the optional black Rubicon rims.

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I think I am still stock—but I am tempted and need this support group.
  • Realized I did not hate the wheels on my Sport S Max Tow—just the color. Had them powder coated for $260–world of difference
  • Went with Falken 255/80r17 tires for weight and towing reasons—plus the max tow axles are wider so the tires stick out a little more. Picked up another set of stock wheels that I may put some larger tires on to have a change of pace and for days at Windrock
  • Added Rubicon shocks and front springs plus a 3/4 inch spacer to level it out. Kept Max Tow rear springs for towing
  • Desperately need some sort of water proof (resistant?) top that can be stowed on the truck. Come on Aftermarket!!
Besides a few cosmetic things (maybe a black grill), some armor underneath, and some bumpers someday—that’s probably all I’m going to do. WITH THE HELP OF THE SUPPORT GROUP OF COURSE!

Sponsored

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
Confession: I installed a lift, wheels, and tires on my last Jeep. I enjoyed the way it drove and it’s off road capability despite the compromises in gas mileage and acceleration.

For my JTR, I would like to keep it stock but need emotional support.

1. I need to tow, and do not want to give up any power/torque on large wheels/tires.

2. I need to save the money.

3. My Jeeps have a history of breaking, and I would like to have warranty service without trouble. Already had a bad steering box and failing rear axle locker.

4. My stock Rubi is already very capable off road.

Oh look at those big tires...

Steady. Focus. It’s fine the way it is...

Again, I need help.

I think I need a bit more support I'm sporting a "Sport S - reg. tow (not max tow)" ... I am very happy with it... "but" (need I say more) ..... LOL

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I think I am still stock—but I am tempted and need this support group.
  • Realized I did not hate the wheels on my Sport S Max Tow—just the color. Had them powder coated for $260–world of difference
  • Went with Falken 255/80r17 tires for weight and towing reasons—plus the max tow axles are wider so the tires stick out a little more. Picked up another set of stock wheels that I may put some larger tires on to have a change of pace and for days at Windrock
  • Added Rubicon shocks and front springs plus a 3/4 inch spacer to level it out. Kept Max Tow rear springs for towing
  • Desperately need some sort of water proof (resistant?) top that can be stowed on the truck. Come on Aftermarket!!
Besides a few cosmetic things (maybe a black grill), some armor underneath, and some bumpers someday—that’s probably all I’m going to do. WITH THE HELP OF THE SUPPORT GROUP OF COURSE!
We are in this together. It seems you are at the tipping point for non-stock. Don’t go over the edge.

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I think I need a bit more support I'm sporting a "Sport S - reg. tow (not max tow)" ... I am very happy with it... "but" (need I say more) ..... LOL
I’ve seen stock Wranglers do amazing things off-road. You have JT, so that’s even better. Just don’t look at the large tires threads, and you’ll be fine.

Sponsored

Be.Zick

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Very much apart of this group. My 14 Jk was full loaded, extremely capable off road but ruined the on road. Traded that in for a JTR and this feels just as capable as my lifted JK but drives like a dream on and off road. Only thing I added are some rough country cube lights and mud flaps. Other than that it's staying the way it is.

IMG_20200711_104800.jpg

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr ,2020 jt gladiator
I like to keep things relatively simple, and I'm getting to be more of a minimalist as I age. My new stock Gladiator Sport S with towing will be just fine for any task I can foresee giving it. It's great on the highway, and it'll do great on NC mountain snow, as well as NC deep sand beaches. I can comfortably carry people and things anywhere I plan to go. I'm gonna get the good out of my stock tires until they need to be replaced. Then I MAY go to to 33's, or may not. Stock wheels are just fine - I like them and think they look great when they're in motion.

Full disclosure: My picture shows a fishing rod holder which I do have, but it hangs off the stock bumper. I'll only use it for fishing trips and take it off when not needed. Also, I did put an EZ Roll bed cover on, and I have a Sunrider for hard tops ordered, but I don't really consider those mods. It spontaneously rains a lot where I live, so I think those are just necessary.

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr ,2020 jt gladiator
I like to keep things relatively simple, and I'm getting to be more of a minimalist as I age. My new stock Gladiator Sport S with towing will be just fine for any task I can foresee giving it. It's great on the highway, and it'll do great on NC mountain snow, as well as NC deep sand beaches. I can comfortably carry people and things anywhere I plan to go. I'm gonna get the good out of my stock tires until they need to be replaced. Then I MAY go to to 33's, or may not. Stock wheels are just fine - I like them and think they look great when they're in motion.

Full disclosure: My picture shows a fishing rod holder which I do have, but it hangs off the stock bumper. I'll only use it for fishing trips and take it off when not needed. Also, I did put an EZ Roll bed cover on, and I have a Sunrider for hard tops ordered, but I don't really consider those mods. It spontaneously rains a lot where I live, so I think those are just necessary.
I agree about the necessities, I also have the sunrider for HT , currently trying to decide on a bed cover , hard one , for snow load . I also believe I will go with a 285/75x17 tire when mine wear out, I had those on my JK and they didn’t look much bigger than the 33” that comes on the JTR , maybe a little narrower

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Apart from the OP, I may be the closes to stock I've seen in this thread. Only changes have been a bug deflector, K&N air filter, and tonneau cover to my Overland. Just passed a year of ownership and have been wanting to change out the tires, mostly just for cosmetic reasons. Even the stock all seasons have performed fine in the light-ish offroading I do.
Sponsored