First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I have a North. Yes the LSD is standard in the rear, but no, the suspension is not leveled, same rake as any other Overland. The A/T tires look better/bigger on the Overland rims, and it did come with a nice trail-recovery kit. Also came with the hard top headliner and the all season mats as standard. It's just a nice bundled option package, it can all be ordered on an overland separately if wanted. The only thing exclusive is what was said above...the badge itself.

I wish they had stuck with the Arctic branding with the Yeti, that was an awesome badge. Really considering adding them. I think it'll be acceptable because it's not up-badging, it's really a throwback of what the North used to be called. Or am I off base here and a major no no? I'm really against up-badging/false badging...but in this case?
Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
North edition is customer Preferred package 24e on base Overland model and includes the aforementioned LSD and bigger AT tires, no lift, however the ride is on 2 inch bigger tires, So higher than stock overland

Customer Preferred Package 24E $3,325
North Edition
8.4–Inch Radio and Premium Audio Group
Cold Weather Group
Black Freedom Top® 3–Piece Hard Top
Alpine® Premium Audio System
Side Steps
North Badge
Heated Front Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Remote–Start System (N/A w/ Manual Transmission)
Rear View Auto–Dimming Mirror
Rear Window Defroster All–Weather Slush Mats
Jeep Trail Rated
Plate Trac–Lok® Anti–Spin Rear Differential
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
255 / 70R18 BSW All–Terrain Tires
That is the tire size of my Overland and mine has everything on that list except the North Badge. That’s the stock Overland tire size. Even the all seasons are that size. I think may you are confusing it with the Sport tire size.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Yes. The OP was asking about a stock Overland, however he had ordered an Overland North edition. While you can Option the Overland to have all the North goodies, the base Overland does not include them. The Willy's is very similar in package to the North as far as off road changes go- mainly the LSD and the AT tires (the Willy's also has rock rails). The North is a package and a sub model just as the Willy's is for the JL, although the Willy's is a sub of the Sport. I had read an article on the North edition being higher than a standard Sport, It did not specify how- apparently it was from the larger rims and tires, not a level. I had compared the Overland I bought to the North and found that the extra package included things I didn't want to pay extra for at a premium and didn't include things I wanted like a matched hardtop. For Illustration, My JKU and My Friend's Willys on the Rubicon.

IMG_6229.JPG
Cool pic!

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
That is the tire size of my Overland and mine has everything on that list except the North Badge. That’s the stock Overland tire size. Even the all seasons are that size. I think may you are confusing it with the Sport tire size.
Yep the all seasons are standard on the overland, the AT's are for the package. They are bigger rims and tires than a non-max tow sport.

Sponsored

TNGatorBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1985 CJ8 Scrambler and 2014 Grand Cherokee WK2 (For Sale)
Occupation
Executive Director
I wish they had stuck with the Arctic branding with the Yeti, that was an awesome badge. Really considering adding them. I think it'll be acceptable because it's not up-badging, it's really a throwback of what the North used to be called. Or am I off base here and a major no no? I'm really against up-badging/false badging...but in this case?
Hey man... it's YOUR RIG! Do what you want to it... I have an Overland with every option that the North Edition has and I thought about switching badges. Whatever you want to do is cool.

The only time I've heard/seen people giving others hell over badging is when people add "Rubicon" to their hood when it's not one.

Otherwise, I think that you're good to go.

OP
OP

chrisblaze

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328d
Hey man... it's YOUR RIG! Do what you want to it... I have an Overland with every option that the North Edition has and I thought about switching badges. Whatever you want to do is cool.

The only time I've heard/seen people giving others hell over badging is when people add "Rubicon" to their hood when it's not one.

Otherwise, I think that you're good to go.
Im glad I not the only one who click every options on the NE.. well I didnt get the smokers group.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I'm surprised they still offer that. (I'm a smoker but I haven't smoked in the car in years)

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
My Overland i ordered Mopar Performance sliders they are tuff & a little 4” step built in.

A588D3AC-E795-4142-9ACF-E7CF06B25AA8.jpeg

Sponsored

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
My Overland i ordered Mopar Performance sliders they are tuff & a little 4” step built in.

Jeep Gladiator Stock Overland Off-Roading A588D3AC-E795-4142-9ACF-E7CF06B25AA8
That is a good looking rig.

Gatorgladiatorcanuck

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator overland
Occupation
Surveyor / Fly fishing guide
Actually the only thing listed here that's not available on a normal Overland, without the North package, is the badge. My Overland came with 18" wheels and LSD. I have the all season tires but AT's were optional.
I have heard that the North package comes with a good retrieval/recovery kit but other than that, it doesn't seem much different than what was already available as optional on the standard Overland.
Same here I have a regular overland LSD, AT tires, and all interior features listed. Just no badge haha

OP
OP

chrisblaze

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328d
Could a stock Overland Make it through most of the trails at Moab and possibly Backcountry Discovery route In Colorado.
Sponsored

Last edited: