Sponsored

Stop Sale Diesel Gladiator?

ecupip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep
Sorry for missing this thread and starting a new one. I heard from a dealer yesterday that a fix is out and they are able to sell ED's again. They fixed and sold the new diesel gladiator I was looking at.
Sponsored

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
Thinking out future I wonder if a synthetic diesel fuel would solve some of the emissions issues.

OP
OP

DJJ

First Name
DJJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Eco Diesel Gladiator
Occupation
PM
Sorry for missing this thread and starting a new one. I heard from a dealer yesterday that a fix is out and they are able to sell ED's again. They fixed and sold the new diesel gladiator I was looking at.
I would live to know what dealer. Mines STILL sitting o. The lot and FCA says call the dealer... the dealer says call FCA they still have no fix.. maybe Aug.. maybe..

ecupip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep
I would live to know what dealer. Mines STILL sitting o. The lot and FCA says call the dealer... the dealer says call FCA they still have no fix.. maybe Aug.. maybe..
Interesting, I wonder if they are fixing dealer inventory first. The dealer that had some in inventory and said there was a fix is Lake City CDJR.

Sponsored

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
The diesels do not come with manual transmission.

Just thought i'd say it too!!!

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Interesting, I wonder if they are fixing dealer inventory first. The dealer that had some in inventory and said there was a fix is Lake City CDJR.
Word from Gupton is they are holding all new completed diesel JT orders and will fix them before shipment to dealers-

Last edited:
OP
OP

DJJ

First Name
DJJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Eco Diesel Gladiator
Occupation
PM
Word from Gupton is they are holding all new completed diesel JT orders and will fix them before shipment to dealers-
Must be new... They shipped my Diesel build May.. NOT FIXED.. sitting on the lot now for 3 weeks. Awaiting this so called fix..

wpduffey

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f250
Occupation
professional
Hello,

We understand this is frustrating and upsetting. Our team is working diligently with suppliers and supply chain on getting this issue resolved. We do apologize for the inconvenience and experience that this may have caused you. We will send a notification letter out to all affected customers once we get more info on this. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

William
Jeep Cares
Jeep doesnt care, Customer service just forwards you to your dealer who doesnt know a darn thing. I have had multiple calls and all they do is keep passing the buck up the food chain until it gets back to the dealer. Who cant do a single thing to help.
I have a 2023 ordered and build sitting in storage since march with a deposit and my name on it. I was given a delivery date and sold my truck so its costing me $1400 per month for a rental because of this. AND JEEP knew it was a problem from day one and put the pump in them anyway. That CP4.2 pump was a problem before they built the first gladiator. My 2019 ram 3500 had the recall on it until June of last year before parts were available to fix it. FCC knew then it was a problem but it was cheap so they used it anyway. Im beyond pissed at this point and they are still taking orders for them. Every 2 weeks they push my date out another 2 weeks. Stop lying to us and make a statement!
All Jeep cares about is customer perception of the product. Right now I wish I had never sold my truck to order one.

wpduffey

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f250
Occupation
professional
Hello,

We understand this is frustrating and upsetting. Our team is working diligently with suppliers and supply chain on getting this issue resolved. We do apologize for the inconvenience and experience that this may have caused you. We will send a notification letter out to all affected customers once we get more info on this. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

William
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

wpduffey

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f250
Occupation
professional
See, they care so much they copy the same message into every response without reading the issue. Im ready to get my money back and buy something else.

wpduffey

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f250
Occupation
professional
Must be new... They shipped my Diesel build May.. NOT FIXED.. sitting on the lot now for 3 weeks. Awaiting this so called fix..
The Cp4.2 fuels pump was a problem before they shipped the first diesel. They put it on my 2019 ram and it took until June of 2022 for them to get parts to fix them. Which is putting the CP3 pumps back on them like they had in the beginning.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I get that it sucks, and I would also be frustrated waiting and waiting for the fix. But at the same time, I would never sell my current vehicle without the new one ready to drive off. That's kinda on you. You never know how long orders are going to take to deliver, there's never been a guarantee there, and even without a component issue like this there is still a large range of delivery times. Some are early, some get delayed. You can never rely on a delivery estimate. So I think it's a bit unfair to blame Jeep that you're without a vehicle right now.

As far as their responses, you quoted the same post twice, so no duh it looks like the same response. It is. Even playing devil's advocate a bit, though, if the facts are still the same, why be surprised that it's still the same answer? They can't give you a different answer if nothing has changed. That's the issue here, and just like we're at their mercy, they are at their supplier's mercy. Asking the same question repeatedly and expecting a different answer every time, even if nothing new is available, is borderline insanity.

And let's be honest here, Jeep isn't making the pumps, they're just using them. Their supplier (Bosch) let them down, just like you've been let down. Just like Ford, GM, and BMW were let down with the CP4 pump. I don't think this says that they're lying to you, but more that they're stuck in this situation just like you are and are attempting to communicate with what information they have available. If they can't get you solid info or a replacement supply from the fuel pump manufacturer, yes that sucks but let's recognize where that all comes from: the supplier (Bosch).

And if you dig further into that, you'll see a bit of why from Bosch. Without going too far into detail on what you should probably dig into for yourself (rather than just believing rando's on an internet forum), the pump is designed and tested in Europe, and diesel fuel appears to be different in the US. That difference is causing the failures. But that's another conversation.

I would 100% believe that if Jeep had a way to fix your truck today, they would. Unfortunately you aren't the only one in this predicament. Jeep is jockeying with other brands for replacement options, and then you are jockeying with other affected owners to get your hands on one. And now that this is an official recall, their hands are tied. They can't deliver your truck as it sits, that's the law. If that means you need to cancel your order and buy something else because you're eating up rental costs because you chose to sell your current vehicle too early in the process, well that's a personal choice and I respect that.

Last edited:

wpduffey

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f250
Occupation
professional
I get that it sucks, and I would also be frustrated waiting and waiting for the fix. But at the same time, I would never sell my current vehicle without the new one ready to drive off. That's kinda on you. You never know how long orders are going to take to deliver, there's never been a guarantee there, and even without a component issue like this there is still a large range of delivery times. Some are early, some get delayed. You can never rely on a delivery estimate. So I think it's a bit unfair to blame Jeep that you're without a vehicle right now.

As far as their responses, you quoted the same post twice, so no duh it looks like the same response. It is. Even playing devil's advocate a bit, though, if the facts are still the same, why be surprised that it's still the same answer? They can't give you a different answer if nothing has changed. That's the issue here, and just like we're at their mercy, they are at their supplier's mercy. Asking the same question repeatedly and expecting a different answer every time, even if nothing new is available, is borderline insanity.

And let's be honest here, Jeep isn't making the pumps, they're just using them. Their supplier (Bosch) let them down, just like you've been let down. Just like Ford, GM, and BMW were let down with the CP4 pump. I don't think this says that they're lying to you, but more that they're stuck in this situation just like you are and are attempting to communicate with what information they have available. If they can't get you solid info or a replacement supply from the fuel pump manufacturer, yes that sucks but let's recognize where that all comes from: the supplier (Bosch).

And if you dig further into that, you'll see a bit of why from Bosch. Without going too far into detail on what you should probably dig into for yourself (rather than just believing rando's on an internet forum), the pump is designed and tested in Europe, and diesel fuel appears to be different in the US. That difference is causing the failures. But that's another conversation.

I would 100% believe that if Jeep had a way to fix your truck today, they would. Unfortunately you aren't the only one in this predicament. Jeep is jockeying with other brands for replacement options, and then you are jockeying with other affected owners to get your hands on one. And now that this is an official recall, their hands are tied. They can't deliver your truck as it sits, that's the law. If that means you need to cancel your order and buy something else because you're eating up rental costs because you chose to sell your current vehicle too early in the process, well that's a personal choice and I respect that.
With all due respect this isnt my first rodeo, I have ordered my last 3 diesels from FCC not including this one. Each time once I was given an actual delivery date, they were here when they said they would be here. I was told my jeep was completed and we should see it in just a few days by the dealer, then all of a sudden it went into storage. So no, only the repercussions are on me. The dealer should have been warned or had notice. They were not!

The CP4.2 pump was a problem before they built the first Gladiator. There are class action law suits with multiple manufactures. Chevy stopped using it. Ford uses it with a lift pump which minimizes aeration of the fuel. Ram went back to the CP3 on 2021 and up models. The fix for the RAM trucks they installed it on is to retrofit the CP3 used pre 2019. I owned and drove one of those for almost 3 years before parts were available to fix it. They have had years to fix it and still wouldn't have fixed it if it were not pushed into a safety recall which we all know is BS but at least it is pushing them address the problem. How many thousands of them are running around every day under recall without parts available? Its not the fuel or because it was designed in Europe, the design was bad from the beginning. If you believe that the engineers dont know the difference in fuel sold all over the world when designing injectors, HPFPs, filters and lines, I have a unicorn to sell you.
You ever had one fail, held one in your hand, do you know why they fail? I actually own a ford with a cp4 in it right now. Its 10 years old, I had one fail in a 2019 RAM and they put the same pump back on it under warranty. Then replaced it again under recall with a CP3.
So to be honest, Im not relying on loud mouthed rumors or opinions from blow hards from the internet. I have real world experience with them.
I will take full responsibility for not researching this truck deeper before writing a check to see which pump was on it. When I ordered it I had not idea they would be using it on anything now. At the same time I have no idea who makes their alternators or wiper motors either.

Lying was used because they are not telling people the truth. Customer service is giving us a BS line, then push you up the food chain, then act like they don't understand what you are asking. They keep kicking the can further out every 2 weeks instead of telling you the truth that they are on hold until further notice. They should not continue taking orders on product they cant deliver and selling new products that they know are under a federal demanded recall. Its really easy to sit back and come up with excuses when your not the one it is happening to. Even the dealers cant defend their actions anymore. Customer service will not even acknowledge the stop sell.
That's ok though I have no desire to have a pissing contest with the uninformed forum participant, you just keep drinking that Jeep water its a little salty for me.

If anyone else has new info or different info regarding the stop sell of diesels, the fix they are contemplating or anything else about, I would love to hear it. thanks,
Have a nice day,

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
With all due respect this isnt my first rodeo, I have ordered my last 3 diesels from FCC not including this one. Each time once I was given an actual delivery date, they were here when they said they would be here. I was told my jeep was completed and we should see it in just a few days by the dealer, then all of a sudden it went into storage. So no, only the repercussions are on me. The dealer should have been warned or had notice. They were not!

The CP4.2 pump was a problem before they built the first Gladiator. There are class action law suits with multiple manufactures. Chevy stopped using it. Ford uses it with a lift pump which minimizes aeration of the fuel. Ram went back to the CP3 on 2021 and up models. The fix for the RAM trucks they installed it on is to retrofit the CP3 used pre 2019. I owned and drove one of those for almost 3 years before parts were available to fix it. They have had years to fix it and still wouldn't have fixed it if it were not pushed into a safety recall which we all know is BS but at least it is pushing them address the problem. How many thousands of them are running around every day under recall without parts available? Its not the fuel or because it was designed in Europe, the design was bad from the beginning. If you believe that the engineers dont know the difference in fuel sold all over the world when designing injectors, HPFPs, filters and lines, I have a unicorn to sell you.
You ever had one fail, held one in your hand, do you know why they fail? I actually own a ford with a cp4 in it right now. Its 10 years old, I had one fail in a 2019 RAM and they put the same pump back on it under warranty. Then replaced it again under recall with a CP3.
So to be honest, Im not relying on loud mouthed rumors or opinions from blow hards from the internet. I have real world experience with them.
I will take full responsibility for not researching this truck deeper before writing a check to see which pump was on it. When I ordered it I had not idea they would be using it on anything now. At the same time I have no idea who makes their alternators or wiper motors either.

Lying was used because they are not telling people the truth. Customer service is giving us a BS line, then push you up the food chain, then act like they don't understand what you are asking. They keep kicking the can further out every 2 weeks instead of telling you the truth that they are on hold until further notice. They should not continue taking orders on product they cant deliver and selling new products that they know are under a federal demanded recall. Its really easy to sit back and come up with excuses when your not the one it is happening to. Even the dealers cant defend their actions anymore. Customer service will not even acknowledge the stop sell.
That's ok though I have no desire to have a pissing contest with the uninformed forum participant, you just keep drinking that Jeep water its a little salty for me.

If anyone else has new info or different info regarding the stop sell of diesels, the fix they are contemplating or anything else about, I would love to hear it. thanks,
Have a nice day,
I think you just rephrased everything I said, just with added anger, resentment, and conjecture. So let's just take a step back and realize we're on the same page here. Either way, it sounds like you want to get out from this and buy something else. What's stopping you from doing that? If you haven't taken delivery yet, you're under no obligation to buy the vehicle.

If you had taken delivery and now were without the truck I'd understand a bit more about how you're put in a situation you can't get out of. But you have options that can get you into something else right now, and from the sounds of things that's the top issue for you.
Sponsored