Sponsored

Strange noise

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6

Deleted member 30519

I have an appointment at my dealer next Friday to get this looked at. Anyone know what this could be? It happens in 2nd gear mostly when the rpms climb above 3k.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
It sounds like it might be wind-induced.
Edit: Upon listening again, maybe drivetrain vibration-induced. Is your Jeep lifted?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Check your heat shields where your front upper control arms bolt to the frame, and also if your front inner fenders look like they are being sucked into a tire.
when the jtā€™s wete first coming out folks had issues where after lifting their fender liners would flap in the wind and cause some wild noises.

if you have the synergy sector shaft brace i had an issue where my drivers side spring was contacting it while driving. I figured our the upper spring isolator wasnā€™t oriented properly.

Sponsored

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
I have an appointment at my dealer next Friday to get this looked at. Anyone know what this could be? It happens in 2nd gear mostly when the rpms climb above 3k.

Do let us know how the appointment went. Mine started making the exact same noise as well. I have the 6 speed too. Usually happens when I accelerate in 2nd just as you described

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
We're sorry to learn that you have concerns with your Jeep Gladiator. Please feel free to connect with our team via private message if you are in need of support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

aaalex93

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland 6 speed manual
Curious to see what the dealer says. I have the same sound - stock Overland 6MT and I get this sounds while accelerating as well. No lift.

I took it to the dealer when I first got the truck and they claimed they "fixed it". No change.
I was more focused on getting the leaking back windows fixed so I didn't push on the noise as it really does seem to be something vibrating when the RPMs hit a certain frequency.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Curious to see what the dealer says. I have the same sound - stock Overland 6MT and I get this sounds while accelerating as well. No lift.

I took it to the dealer when I first got the truck and they claimed they "fixed it". No change.
I was more focused on getting the leaking back windows fixed so I didn't push on the noise as it really does seem to be something vibrating when the RPMs hit a certain frequency.
If you decide to return to the dealer, please let us know beforehand. We can certainly have a case escalated for assistance.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

aaalex93

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland 6 speed manual
Might be some slight pinging. Try Chevron 89 octane gas and see if it stops.
In my case, it isn't coming from the engine itself. Something in the footwell seems to be vibrating/rattling when the engine hits certain rpms.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
In my case, it isn't coming from the engine itself. Something in the footwell seems to be vibrating/rattling when the engine hits certain rpms.
If you feel like crawling underneath, here are some heat shield spots that could be loose. The upper control arm heat shield are being held on with two 10 mm bolts and the exhaust pipe heat shield are held on with hose clamps.

prdxrz.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

If you feel like crawling underneath, here are some heat shield spots that could be loose. The upper control arm heat shield are being held on with two 10 mm bolts and the exhaust pipe heat shield are held on with hose clamps.

prdxrz.jpg
Thanks ! Working late tonight but I'm gonna check it out tomorrow..

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator

Did you ever figure out what the was the cause of the noise? Mines doing the same thing

gmcul8r

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 1963 IH Scout
Occupation
Buyer
I have had the exact same noise come and go for quite some time now. I haven't bothered taking it to the dealer because it is very inconsistent on when it happens.

6MT and it is usually around 3K RPM's, mostly in 2nd gear, but have heard it in 1st and 3rd too. Would love to know more about those who have had this issue.
Sponsored