Sponsored

Stuck in "Hail" status?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I believe that would be illegal for them to sell as new .

Ok, I will play. What law or laws would be in play here? Try to not be vague and give specifics.
Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I know you're right, but I hate you anyway. lol. jk.
This is some very strange cosmic shit going on in my life atm.
Nearly everything I'm dealing with is in the same status as this Jeep. Very strange stuff.
We've been in escrow on a home for three months and the county refuses to issue permits for some repairs that need to be done before we can close. The status of the permit is about as illusive as the status of the JT. In fact I have to check on that several times a day just like I do the JT.

The other goofy thing that happened was my local Acura dealer called and they want to buy my NSX from me cause they need a used one for their showroom. That's more than a little strange timing wise.

It's as if the universe is trying to keep me from getting the house, the Jeep, and temping me to get rid of some expensive toys. I wonder if this is all a sign.
The Acura dealer simply wants to sell you a new car. The whole "showroom" thing is a made up story; just like the "Used Cars We Want to Buy" sign at dealers. There's no truth to them wanting any particular used car. They want only to sell new cars. (I saw one local dealer sign which listed a Saturn Ion as a car they wanted to buy. Really? A Saturn Ion? Ha-ha-ha! Oh, the absurdity.)

Here in Colorado, dealing with hail damaged vehicles is a way of life. My wife's Subaru was DESTROYED by hail in 2016. The windshield was smashed and it had HUGE craters over almost every square inch. A reputable body shop estimated $13,000 in damage to that 5-year-old car and the insurance company said, "Fix it". I didn't want a Frankencar, so I traded it in and used the $13,000 to buy Mrs. Klutch a new Subaru.

Also, I've talked to many, many people about buying cars. Never, not once have I EVER heard of anyone getting an actual discount from a dealer due to hail damage. Also, my son bought a new Subaru a few months ago. On the particular car he was wanting, I noticed some of the plastic fasteners for the hood insulation were missing and asked the sales rep about it. He checked with the office, came back and proudly announced this was due to the fact the car had received hail damaged and was repaired. "Don't worry," he assured us. "We can replace those fasteners." Had I not asked, they would have sold us a "brand new" car which had been damaged and repaired, at a new car price, with no disclosure whatsoever. (This particular dealer has a very good reputation. I have purchased 4 cars from them.) I'm quite certain dealers do this all the time. It's simply routine. In this case, my son selected another car with no indication of hail damage repair.

Thus, if you ordered a Gladiator which did in fact receive hail damage, you can be sure it will be repaired and shipped to the dealer without a word about it from anyone. Of course, if the truck was SERIOUSLY damaged, as mentioned above, Jeep would likely destroy it. (No discounts for hail damage!) So, I would suggest you inspect your truck very carefully upon delivery. If it had hail damage, it will have received paintless dent repair. Look for missing fasteners, loose trim, sagging headliner, etc. (Although, I'm not sure if a Gladiator has a headliner.)

badglad

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK 2 door Rubicon Billet Silver Hard Rock
Can someone share a way for me to check on production status of my JT LE please. The Gladiator forum link that allows you to enter VIN, build date, etc tells me my VIN is invalid (not true) Thanks

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Can someone share a way for me to check on production status of my JT LE please. The Gladiator forum link that allows you to enter VIN, build date, etc tells me my VIN is invalid (not true) Thanks
That tracker only shows it valid once it actually starts to be built (build sheet) and when it is ready for shipping (window sticker). Nothing more or less.

Most people dealing with Jeep Customer service online chat reps for current status. You can also bug your ordering dealer but they are not usually as responsive as the customer service online reps.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/article/How-do-I-contact-Jeep2
Sponsored