Sponsored

Stuck in "Hail" status?

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
So I did some digging around.
There indeed was a hail storm ("Marble sized") on June 1st in Toledo.
annnnnd, if you read this article it does say that "Several motorists on the Anthony Wayne Trail stopped beneath bridges near the Toledo Zoo to take refuge from the storm’s falling hailstones". If you look on Google maps, the Jeep plant is only 5.5 miles form the zoo. So the story totally checks out.

Here's the thing. I was talking to a friend of mine who works for Carmax. She said that years ago they had a hair storm that damaged 400 of their cars and they just shipped them all out to be sold at auction with Salvage titles.
I know these cars are still in manufacturing process, but I hope that FCA isn't planning on hiding the fact that these cars had to be refurbished, or repainted. I'm very confident that my car was one of these as the timing is exactly right. I'm going to write my dealer and let him know that I won't be interested in taking delivery if Jeep is simply going to repaint the car and replace a couple of panels and send it my way. It'll be very easy to tell if the car has been painted again with a paint thickness gauge. This is all very upsetting.

ps9y3Iq.png
But yea your leasing right??
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
This type of stuff has happened since the beginning of auto production. They fix them and send them to the dealers. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not a big deal for the manufacturers.

1C7FF136-5F9A-4F04-8EBA-CADDDA6BF0AD.jpeg

Bruski51

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon HR
Vehicle Showcase
My LE also went from JB to JS.
Really really tired of this waiting game.
Remember JB is Vendor status.
JS is shipped to storage, typically waiting for a load to ship to your local area.

The sequence for the build process is: (correct me if I'm wrong) Still trying to figure approximate time in status because there seems to be no rhyme or reason to dime orders taking 2 weeks and others 10+ weeks.

BA: New order that hasn't been checked
BB: Review by fleet department
BD: Special equipment processing
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule
C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Vendor Abyss!!!
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage, really? Someone else near me needs a Jeep or 3!
KZ: Released by plant , invoiced (window sticker)
KZL: Released - not shipped (see JS)
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/recieved
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds (see JS)
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer
ZA: Canceled

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
But yea your leasing right??
Yeah, but that’s only if the lease deal makes sense by the time ...
If leasing then I won’t care as much though.

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I found out this morning from CHAT that the truck was in KZ status. Well, I passed the KZ status on to my salesman and his response was:

"According to the tracking system on my end your Jeep is still in JB status, which is shipped to body vendor. So I am not sure why they are telling you its in transit, as I am showing JB. It might go into transit next week, but currently it is in JB status."

I went back to CHAT and had a "wonderful" conversation for 10 minutes with no conclusion other that CHAT says KZ and that is all they know. With no recourse other that work with my dealership. WOW :whatsgoingon: :swear:

sorry for posting the same info in different threads...

Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
I found out this morning from CHAT that the truck was in KZ status. Well, I passed the KZ status on to my salesman and his response was:

"According to the tracking system on my end your Jeep is still in JB status, which is shipped to body vendor. So I am not sure why they are telling you its in transit, as I am showing JB. It might go into transit next week, but currently it is in JB status."

I went back to CHAT and had a "wonderful" conversation for 10 minutes with no conclusion other that CHAT says KZ and that is all they know. With no recourse other that work with my dealership. WOW :whatsgoingon: :swear:

Looks like the FCA head is not talking to the ass. Freaking ridiculous. This is all obviously due to the hail damage but I feel like FCA could handle the communication better than this. I've mentioned @JeepCares a few times on these threads with no reply. Not at all amused by this process.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

All the Jeep Chat person is doing is accessing a computer database. They really know nothing other than what their computer tells them. For all we know they could be in a foreign country...

Bruhast

First Name
Nathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Lexus IS350, 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE
Interesting that JB is vendor status. I moved from JS to JB after 10 days in JS. The only thing I could think of that is vendor would be the trail cam. However, I sat in D1 for awhile where they said they had all my parts. Not sure what else would be from a vendor on mine. No bed liner.

OCGld8r

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 BMW M3, 2007 VW Jetta
Interesting that JB is vendor status. I moved from JS to JB after 10 days in JS. The only thing I could think of that is vendor would be the trail cam. However, I sat in D1 for awhile where they said they had all my parts. Not sure what else would be from a vendor on mine. No bed liner.
Maybe they sent it here: www.dentsaway.net

OCGld8r

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 BMW M3, 2007 VW Jetta
Sounds like you’re in good hands judging from the website: “Having a car is an asset that can make life so much easier by providing safe and convenient transportation options. You can avoid traffic jams and get to your appointments on time and with a few extra minutes to spare. . . . getting caught in a sudden hailstorm can inflict damage on your car and which will definitely lessen its over-all appeal. You don't want to be cruising around town with that ugly dent on the hood that mars the otherwise flawless finish. So, stop worrying because you have just met the best service provider who can effectively get that dent removed and have your flawless finish back in a flash! Dents Away is your resident hail dent removal expert in Toledo, Ohio.”

Sponsored

Rsss572

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC
I believe that would be illegal for them to sell as new .

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I believe that would be illegal for them to sell as new .
Not necessarily. If they swap out the damaged parts for new parts, they should still be able to sell them as new, since the vehicle is technically still in the process of being manufactured.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not necessarily. If they swap out the damaged parts for new parts, they should still be able to sell them as new, since the vehicle is technically still in the process of being manufactured.
I agree. But I do think they should disclose it.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 Jeep Cherokee, 2015 Abarth 500C
If automakers had to disclose everything then every vehicle would come with a list of "possibles":
"This vehicle may have been made on an assembly line containing peanuts."
Sponsored