First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT PP, 21 Gladiator?
Occupation
PLS
Can the sun bonnet be on and the Freedom Top on over the top of the sun bonnet?
Sponsored

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Most can. They usually advertise that fact so if they don't specifically say, then ask them. I'm using a Shadeidea front and back, two separate pieces, and the freedom panels and back top go on right over them both.

OP
OP

samd1351

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PLS
Mine is the factory one. It was supposed to be the mesh top, but ended up with the full top.

Gonna tey and take the full freedom top off and install this tonight. Maybe. The wife has my truck. Again. And she has meeting after work. So we'll see. I just might have to go buy another JT just so I can have one. :LOL:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Mine is the factory one. It was supposed to be the mesh top, but ended up with the full top.

Gonna tey and take the full freedom top off and install this tonight. Maybe. The wife has my truck. Again. And she has meeting after work. So we'll see. I just might have to go buy another JT just so I can have one. :LOL:
The factory mesh top won't allow the freedom panels or hardtop to be installed. Jtops or spiderweb shade will.

OP
OP

samd1351

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PLS
Well, crap.

Sponsored

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Don't get the Mopar Sun Bonnet. It flaps itself undone over about 45mph.

I've had better luck with the Bestop extended safari top. It still flaps, but it doesn't start to detach.

OP
OP

samd1351

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PLS
Well, crap again. I just picked it ip earlier today.

MikeVeee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Well, crap again. I just picked it ip earlier today.
What did you end up going with? What was your experience with the excessive flapping issue?

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
X2 on shadeidea. Got one on the JT and it’s great. Also, look at the aliensunshade. Have on of those on the JL and also great.

MikeVeee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
X2 on shadeidea. Got one on the JT and it’s great. Also, look at the aliensunshade. Have on of those on the JL and also great.
I dont see any solid material (non-mesh) ones on Shadeidea. I have a mesh Alienshade and its pretty dense mesh, but still too much FL sun comes thru and not effective at all for rain.

Anyone have 1st hand experience/feedback with any of these?
1. 2022 Jeep Gladiator Bestop Extended Header Safari Style Bikini (Black Diamond) - 52614-35,
2. Genuine Mopar Sun Bonnet (non-mesh) Part Number: 82215620,
3. MasterTop 14300724 Bimini Plus Summer Top in MasterTwill Fabric for Jeep Gladiator JT

Sponsored

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I dont see any solid material (non-mesh) ones on Shadeidea. I have a mesh Alienshade and its pretty dense mesh, but still too much FL sun comes thru and not effective at all for rain.

Anyone have 1st hand experience/feedback with any of these?
1. 2022 Jeep Gladiator Bestop Extended Header Safari Style Bikini (Black Diamond) - 52614-35,
2. Genuine Mopar Sun Bonnet (non-mesh) Part Number: 82215620,
3. MasterTop 14300724 Bimini Plus Summer Top in MasterTwill Fabric for Jeep Gladiator JT
I did not like the Mopar Sun Bonnet. The way it attached left the back of it flapping furiously at anything over 30mph, to the point where it would start to detach. Completely useable.

Next i got the Bestop Extended Safari Top. I had the analogous top on my JKU and it was great. The one for the JT is very good as well. I'm not a fan of the way the header channel attaches to the top of the windshield frame (2 sets of different sized bolts, T40 & T50, one of which requires a separate nut to emplace), other wise I have no real complaints. The back is a bit flappy, but it stays in place and secured. I've had it out on the insterstate for short distances and had no problems.

I have no experience with Mastertop products.

MikeVeee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I did not like the Mopar Sun Bonnet. The way it attached left the back of it flapping furiously at anything over 30mph, to the point where it would start to detach. Completely useable.

Next i got the Bestop Extended Safari Top. I had the analogous top on my JKU and it was great. The one for the JT is very good as well. I'm not a fan of the way the header channel attaches to the top of the windshield frame (2 sets of different sized bolts, T40 & T50, one of which requires a separate nut to emplace), other wise I have no real complaints. The back is a bit flappy, but it stays in place and secured. I've had it out on the insterstate for short distances and had no problems.

I have no experience with Mastertop products.
Great info! Thanks! Do you have any photos of it on your JTR? I could only find one video on YouTube but for a JLU and it had some pretty large gaps btwn the top and roll cage right behind the windshield frame.

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Great info! Thanks! Do you have any photos of it on your JTR? I could only find one video on YouTube but for a JLU and it had some pretty large gaps btwn the top and roll cage right behind the windshield frame.
Here you go.

20220518_075510.jpg

20220518_075427.jpg

MikeVeee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Awesome. Very helpful to see. Thanks! Do you run all summer with that top and tube doors on? Definitely what I'm trying to get to. Would you buy this one again or feel you still aren't 100% there with checking all the boxes for bonnet/bikini top?

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Awesome. Very helpful to see. Thanks! Do you run all summer with that top and tube doors on? Definitely what I'm trying to get to. Would you buy this one again or feel you still aren't 100% there with checking all the boxes for bonnet/bikini top?
Yes, this is my summer configuration. I'll put the hardtop back on if it looks like hurricane or thunderstorms for a few days.

I'd definitely buy the Bestop again. I wish it didn't require tools to get the header channel on and off, but that's a minor thing. I'm very happy with it overall.
Sponsored