First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
We have one on both our JT and JLU, installed them both ourselves. We have not had any issues with leaks, and those in Florida know we get a lot of rain during the rainy season.
Sponsored

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
bought mine from best top. Easy to install and take off. No leaking issues.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey @wrknk9s
If it's truly the Jeep/Mopar version you're considering, it could not be easier to install. Take it out of the box, put it on the Jeep, tighten 6 bolts.
The Bestop version does require more assembly, but like was mentioned above that is only for the first time installing.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP
wrknk9s

wrknk9s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Hey @wrknk9s
If it's truly the Jeep/Mopar version you're considering, it could not be easier to install. Take it out of the box, put it on the Jeep, tighten 6 bolts.
The Bestop version does require more assembly, but like was mentioned above that is only for the first time installing.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thanks! I just want to be sure the seals are right... pretty sure we messed that up on the Wrangler and don't want to repeat the error. If what you're saying is accurate, I don't need to worry about that this time?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Thanks! I just want to be sure the seals are right... pretty sure we messed that up on the Wrangler and don't want to repeat the error. If what you're saying is accurate, I don't need to worry about that this time?
Just make sure that when you put it on the Jeep, the muckets (rubbery molded gaskets) don't get folded up underneath the unit.
Jeep Gladiator Sunrider installation advice 1652900707852

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

Iowafarm

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Chevy Camaro SS, HD Wideglide
Occupation
Farmer
I would put it on yourself and get the did it yourself satisfaction. Did mine no leaks, but I will say on wind days on the highway I cringe when I meet a semi. Doesn't flop around but definitely makes a God awful noise. I would definitely buy it again, I do open it now, never took of my freedom panels, weather here in Iowa Is just to inconsistent. I like being able to close it up easily.

JMJ52876

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Medical Biller/Collection
About 2 weeks ago I installed the Mopar version. Bought it through my local dealership, it's the premium twill version, and it was around $200 cheaper. I did the install, but later found out if you have the dealership install it, they will write it up on your build sheet so your vehicle warranty will cover it.

I went this way because of exactly what Bestop said earlier. I watched videos and read a lot about that z-clip and wanted to avoid it. The Mopar one is already put together, simply take it out the box, and with someone's help, throw it up top and 6 bolts later you're done. Easiest mod to date. Oh, bonus is the Mopar has a tag that says JEEP instead of Bestop(no offense to Bestop).

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
Have Bestop on my wife's 2019 JL , self install and zero leaks , go slow and steady and it a straight forward install

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
I just installed one on my wife's JL this morning. I've previously installed a full bestop top on her jeep before so I understand the steps. This one was easy. Just make sure the gaskets are not folded underneath the brackets as stated before and the rear side sits on tip of the gasket. When I first laid it down, it caught the rear gasket funny and had to reseat. The z-clip is kind of a pain but not the worst.

Also, don't forget to send the rebate out! :)

MoDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2017 JK
Anyone else have issues with leaking? I was going to order a Bestop Sunrider, but this gives me a little pause.
No leaking at all. I have sunriders on both my JT and the wife's JL. Both are on their second year, and both go thru carwashes regularly.

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
No leaks. There have only been 2 non-design issues with mine. The first is the rain gutter that pours a little when you open the door (freedom panels do the same thing). Jeep things you get used to.

The second has to do with snow. If it snows, clear the top off. It will eventually soak in as the snow melts. We had snow in Yellowstone (Memorial Day weekend) and the 2-3" of wet, heavy snow wasn't brushed off in the morning, so it sat there as it melted. Didn't even know it was wet until I tapped the top to flick the snow off as we drove.

Still the best addition to the truck.

PicklesJ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT-S/MT &'10 Wrangler JKU-S
Occupation
Retired (military & civil service)
Vehicle Showcase
Install yourself. I'm older and a bit thick-fingered, so I got my son to help me with the Z clips. Just read instructions carefully more than once; then follow step-by-step when you do the install; and take your time.

Never had any leaks and I leave it on year round (mid-Atlantic area).

danimal2000

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Similar to a lot of you, installed the bestop sunrider myself. Follow the instructions carefully, for what gaskets/seals need to be overlapping or how they sit. No leaks at all, car wash included.
Sponsored