First Name
Mike๐Ÿ–ค
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys! I'm not sure if anyone was following my last build on here (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...rus_rex-2021-jtr-diesel-build-overland.36039/ ) or on Instagram (also Jeepasaurus_Rex), but I completely wrecked that silver JT, unfortunately.

But, fortunately, I am back in another one!
I'll be posting the story of how I got this new one, and posting the progression of it over the last few months until now.
Hope you follow :)๐Ÿ–ค

Here is the link to the video after I crashed:

Jeep Gladiator Sunset Chaser Jeep -- JTR Diesel on 40's DSC03509
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeepasaurus_Rex

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike๐Ÿ–ค
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
The wrecking of my silver Gladiator, and how I acquired the new Gladiator.

Part 1:

Okay, so quick story time. In January 2022, I fell asleep at the wheel and wrecked the silver JT. Too many long hours at work, a lot of things going on at home, and lack of sleep/general fatigue led to it. Luckily nobody else was involved or injured... and neither was I!

In January/February Khris and Ward from Long Range America / Kaymar America reached out to me offering to sell me their white diesel 2021 gladiator. This was their vehicle that they were using to design Auxiliary and extended range tanks on, as well as bumpers!

Now, when I ordered my silver one from the factory, I made sure to get it with everything that I wanted, so as not to have to add later or deal without. The white LRA gladiator had everything that mine did, PLUS leather seats, Rock-slide Engineering steps, and a really nice aluminum retractable tonneau cover.

At this point, I'm in! They shoot me an offer, we exchange a bit, and make a cash deal!

BONUS: In November 2021 I bought a dual swing-out rear bumper from Kaymar and the ship from overseas was expected to arrive in early 2022. Unknown to me, Kaymar and LRA were one in the same. Khris from Kaymar reached out and let me know in the first week of March, that the ship arrived and they received their first batch of bumpers in the U.S. ... and mine was in that batch! As the universe always provides, we struck the deal for the white JT mentioned above in that same week, and they offered to install the bumper for me!

Fast-forward to mid-March, and I'm booking a one-way flight to Boise ID, to go check out the Jeep and make the deal official.

Stay tuned for Part 2!๐Ÿ–ค

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeepasaurus_Rex

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike๐Ÿ–ค
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
Jeepasaurus_Rex

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike๐Ÿ–ค
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Making the deal official:

Part 2:

Alright, so the flight is booked, and I'm extremely excited. Motivated that i've found a vehicle (in this crazy market) that matches everything I need. And also excited to have companies reaching out to me to offer aid and help keep me in the Jeep community. Feeling truly blessed.๐Ÿ™

I arrive in Boise, and get picked up by Ward (Long Range America) at the airport. We head straight to LRA/Kaymar, and take a look at the Jeep. Here I also got to meet Khris, as well as Aidan. All absolutely great and respectable guys.

I did the initial test drive and everything felt perfect, just like my last one. It was kinda crazy hopping back into the driver seat and having it feel 100% the same as my old one. The Jeep felt great, and looked even better.

I was the first person to receive the production model of the Kaymar dual-swing bumper... and let me tell you... this thing looks slick!! So we discussed the deal one more time, and then headed over to the bank to finalize everything. After all of that was out the way, I got to hang with the guys and b.s. a little bit.

All of them were absolutely incredible, and very welcoming. The fact that they reached out to me as well as offering to install my bumper for no charge, too, was just incredible.

Anyways... This is it for part 2 right now! Keep following along :)๐Ÿ–ค

DSC01538.jpg

DSC01541.jpg

DSC01543.jpg
Sponsored