Suntop Soft Top

chesafreak

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad
Thinking of getting a tan one on a white gladiator, but also getting a tan softtoper bed cover. Any idea of the colors would be close?
The Suntop is definelty a shade darker and the textures are different but there is really not but so much material showing on the Suntop that it really stands out.

PXL_20220817_221435462.jpg

PXL_20220817_221442753.jpg
Sponsored

Jdrecon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
The Suntop is definelty a shade darker and the textures are different but there is really not but so much material showing on the Suntop that it really stands out.

Jeep Gladiator Suntop Soft Top PXL_20220817_221442753

Jeep Gladiator Suntop Soft Top PXL_20220817_221442753
Thatā€™s perfect. Not that much of a big difference and Iā€™m planning on doing a overland rack over the Softtopper that I think it will help hide the difference as well. Only other concern is the moisture getting in since Iā€™m in the northwest but reviews seem to say its not a problem either

chesafreak

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad
Thatā€™s perfect. Not that much of a big difference and Iā€™m planning on doing a overland rack over the Softtopper that I think it will help hide the difference as well. Only other concern is the moisture getting in since Iā€™m in the northwest but reviews seem to say its not a problem either
I have had some slight water intrusion, but it is a soft top and nothing crazy that it soaks the interior just a few drips. However I am in the mid atlantic so a little different then constant wetness days on end so i can not speak to that issue. I actually plan to paint my black hard top tan to try and match for the winter.

Jdrecon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
I have had some slight water intrusion, but it is a soft top and nothing crazy that it soaks the interior just a few drips. However I am in the mid atlantic so a little different then constant wetness days on end so i can not speak to that issue. I actually plan to paint my black hard top tan to try and match for the winter.
Have you gotten a paint code to match to?

Sponsored

Rddavisjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lexus RX 350
Occupation
Professor
Guys,

I received my tan Suntop recently and I installed it today. I want to share the good and bad.

The good: I received the top less than a week after I ordered it. The Suntop website had a $100 off promo code. The top is well made. The lack of plastic is surprising. The frame is made of metal and seems a bit over engineered if anything. There have been some complaints about the window being too small but I think the size is fine when youā€™re driving.

I live in the South so I plan to use this as a year around top. I wanted a tan top to go with my Sarge Green gladiator. So, this is the only game in town.

The bad: The install is a royal pain in the ass. It really shouldnā€™t be this difficult. Everything works pretty well until you get to the rear of the vehicle. The roomarang pieces are particularly difficult. Totally forget about installing the third bolt with the roomarang with the threaded plate. Also, when tightening the straps in the rear, the window piece is going to pop out at the bottom. The instructions are total garbage and Suntop doesnā€™t have an installation video for the JT on their website which is totally inexcusable.

Itā€™s weird that parts of the product feel over engineered but then youā€™re wondering what the hell were the designers thinking when they got to the roomarang/rear window. If this wasnā€™t the only tan option, I would have returned it due to the unnecessary difficulty of the install. Now that itā€™s on the truck, I am going to use it. But, there is no way Iā€™m going to roll it up or ever take it off given itā€™s a total PITA to install. Iā€™m a bald guy and I usually take the doors off, so not wanting to remove it or roll it up isnā€™t a deal breaker for me.

Iā€™ve owned five Wranglers/Gladiators dating back to a 1973 CJ5. Without a doubt, this was the most difficult top installation Iā€™ve ever experienced. If youā€™re looking for a black soft top, Iā€™d try something else. If you looking for a tan Gladiator top, I think this is going to work fine and look good ONCE you get it installed.

Hope my experience helps someone else.

Jeep Gladiator Suntop Soft Top IMG_0125

Jeep Gladiator Suntop Soft Top IMG_0126

Chanman75

First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two F-150s
Occupation
Landscaper and grass cutter
Iā€™ve been looking at the Suntop for a while for my Sarge Green Mojave. It looks so loose in these pictures and doesnā€™t fit as well as advertised. Could you post some more pictures of the back of the truck and sides. Disappointing it looks different then how I expected and wish someone or Suntop themselves would make an installation video.

Fungi3

First Name
Fungi3
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP GLADIATOR ALTITUDE
Occupation
Lover of Life
I have been in contact with their distributor in the states, and am supposedly at the front of the line when they open up for orders. They told me mid-April a couple weeks ago.
I'd be surprised if anything will compete with the Mopar Premium Soft Top for full open convertible driving in just seconds. It's pretty quiet, rainproof. and lasts for many years. The Sunrider 1/2 top is also well made, but opens up the front seat roof only, and I don't find it that easy to remove and install. It also costs $1000 if you install it. I can only comment on products being sold today and not on 3rd party "may be" products. I realize the limitation for many is money, but we cannot have super convenience, cheap, and high quality in one product. When they create one that way, it should sell well. But until then...

Last edited:

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Maybe I missed it as I have never seen pics of the configuration, but is it possible to run the suntop with the top on and back window panel off (safari style)?

Cheers

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Jeep Gladiator Suntop Soft Top image

Yes. The straps occasionally come loose in the wind, so I use bungee cords to keep it tight.
Sponsored