Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I have a plastic rubi bumper Id like to swap inplace of my oem sport bumper. But i have some questions im hoping y’all can answer before i start disassembling and cursing!

is the rubi bumper a bolt on replacement with sport?( im pretty sure it is)

can i swap the entire standard fog light wiset up into the rubi bumper?

will the standard fog light housing bolt into the rubi bumper?

are the tow hooks the same? (Id rather sell the rubi red ones)

The bumper I bought came with the steel skid plate but none of the hardware or brackets. What hardware/brackets do I need to install the steel scared on my sport?

I know it’s a lot, and I know the answers are probably buried in the forum somewhere. But sometimes it’s just easier to ask then dig through hundreds and thousands of posts and replies.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
  • Bolt-in replacement.
  • Fog light harness connector is the same - as long as you have the harness on the bumper, it's the same connector on the passenger frame rail. Fog lights, however, are bumper-specific and the Sport lights do not fit the Overland/Rubi plastic bumper.
  • Hooks mount the same so I'm fairly certain they're exchangeable.
  • Four brackets in total that you will need for the skid in addition to 6 of the 10mm rivnuts. There's a part number list floating around on another thread.
If you need the Rubicon bumper fogs and want LEDs, I might be selling mine shortly and I can pull the harness too since I'm hard-wiring driving lights down there.

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
  • Bolt-in replacement.
  • Fog light harness connector is the same - as long as you have the harness on the bumper, it's the same connector on the passenger frame rail. Fog lights, however, are bumper-specific and the Sport lights do not fit the Overland/Rubi plastic bumper.
  • Four brackets in total that you will need for the skid in addition to 6 of the 10mm rivnuts. There's a part number list floating around on another thread.
If you need the Rubicon bumper fogs and want LEDs, I might be selling mine shortly and I can pull the harness too since I'm hard-wiring driving lights down there.
thanks!
I actually have the oem LEDs, they came with the bumpet. I just prefer my aftermarket led lights in my halogen fog housings.

is the metal “I beam” looking piece the same on both? Makes me wonder if I just transfered it from my sport bumper into the back of the rubi bumper my halogen lights may work.

specifically part 6. It appears the same on both sport and rubi/overland plastic bumper. The fog housings bolt into those.

Jeep Gladiator Swapping Sport for Rubicon bumper 54C1C8EF-B64C-4A2F-A1F8-532940A7D72C

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
thanks!
I actually have the oem LEDs, they came with the bumpet. I just prefer my aftermarket led lights in my halogen fog housings.
Have you seen the factory led fogs in action? They're actually very good for a factory fog. I can't imagine a halogen reflector and an LED bulb being better, but I could be wrong. I'd at least give those factory LEDs a chance.

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Have you seen the factory led fogs in action? They're actually very good for a factory fog. I can't imagine a halogen reflector and an LED bulb being better, but I could be wrong. I'd at least give those factory LEDs a chance.
i may. Im just hard headed and don’t want to feel like i wasted money on them haha

Sponsored

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
  • Bolt-in replacement.
Do those LED Rubi bumper fogs fit in a Sport S bumper?

Oboc

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
  • Bolt-in replacement.
i may be interested in taking those fog lights off your hands. Do you know if they’ll fit a mojave bumper?

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
It should but no guarantees. if your lights are the 4-screw in a rectangle pattern then they probably will.
Sponsored