Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Mechanic
Yes I did. I have no problems with it whatsoever. We

Yes I did. It was fine. They even give you brackets to switch out the included aftermarket fogs for the factory ones. I had to trim it a little with a small cutoff wheel on a Dremel. Its a great deal. By the time I sell my factory bumper and the Red Rubicon hooks included (I already sold the aftermarket fogs) I pretty much got the bumper, end caps, winch plate, and brush guard for free. There were no instructions (I don't know if thats normal), but it's easy to figure everything out.
Does the front end sag or nose dive when you brake?
Sponsored

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
Ahhh... that looks like the black Rubi skid plate! That explains why it bolts up with no issues and no cutting.
Some of us want to keep the distinctive Mojave skid plate which is actually silver. In which case, we either have to trim the skidplate or the bumper.
I'm actually having my Chinese knock-off Line-X'ed to preempt any of the rusting issues. I'm now thinking I'll just get the Rubicon skid plat and have that Line-X'ed in Silver pigment. Hmmmm...

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Ahhh... that looks like the black Rubi skid plate! That explains why it bolts up with no issues and no cutting.
Some of us want to keep the distinctive Mojave skid plate which is actually silver. In which case, we either have to trim the skidplate or the bumper.
I'm actually having my Chinese knock-off Line-X'ed to preempt any of the rusting issues. I'm now thinking I'll just get the Rubicon skid plat and have that Line-X'ed in Silver pigment. Hmmmm...
You are correct, I mentioned it was the Rubicon skidplate and someone asked for a photo of it clearing the reservoirs.

Different flavors for different folks! I actually didn't like the look of the silver for the Mojave skidplate, if I had bolted that up I would have painted it black anyways so win/win for my particular tastes.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I think hacking up the Mojave skip plate is pointless if you want the silver get the correct Rubicon skid plate and have it painted silver

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think hacking up the Mojave skip plate is pointless if you want the silver get the correct Rubicon skid plate and have it painted silver
Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards now... esp, since my Line-X place they'd do it in silver for free when they do the bumper.

Sponsored

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 96 Chevy 3500, 89 XJ (project)
Great thread, thanks for all that have shared info. My Rubicon came with the Mopar steel bumper but I noticed the wiring and back of the led fogs seem really exposed to debris spun off by the tires. Other threads have suggested getting back plates off a plastic bumper. Anyone on this wonderful thread have other good options ?

Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper 1676952675539

p.s. thanks to those who referenced the maximus hoops, on the shopping list now.

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
Great thread, thanks for all that have shared info. My Rubicon came with the Mopar steel bumper but I noticed the wiring and back of the led fogs seem really exposed to debris spun off by the tires. Other threads have suggested getting back plates off a plastic bumper. Anyone on this wonderful thread have other good options ?

Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper 1676952675539

p.s. thanks to those who referenced the maximus hoops, on the shopping list now.
Somebody on the forum makes those closeout plates and sells them on this thread in member's marketplace: Steel Bumper Close Out Panels

TigerInFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave
Occupation
Design & Sell Inground Pools
anyone got a link for the Rubicon skid plate? not sure there is an aftermarket one or you have to go OEM??

if you have one for sale PM me.

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Somebody on the forum makes those closeout plates and sells them on this thread in member's marketplace: Steel Bumper Close Out Panels
Thanks, I saw on another tread these may only work if you go stubby on the front bumper. I'm keeping my ends on but maybe they will still work, will look closer at the plate bolt pattern.

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
honestly for something like that isn't very visible, you could probably make a cardboard template and grab something like acrylic or rubber sheet and a cheap hand coping saw from homedepot of lowes and make whatever you need ... not saying it wouldn't take some time, but we are all about spending time on Jeep projects right?

Sponsored

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honestly for something like that isn't very visible, you could probably make a cardboard template and grab something like acrylic or rubber sheet and a cheap hand coping saw from homedepot of lowes and make whatever you need ... not saying it wouldn't take some time, but we are all about spending time on Jeep projects right?
the new jeep with nothing broken yet was supposed to save time according to the wife, lol

TigerInFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave
Occupation
Design & Sell Inground Pools
ya know they never listen to us ...... but they remember crazy stuff like that!

JUPITER GLADIATOR

First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
Nautical Ventures Store Manager
I just picked up a new takeoff Mopar Steel 392 bumper for my Mojave. I guess I'm going to be sorting some of these fitment issues out. Trim or just drop the bracket down one hold. Also,
I wonder how my Firecracker Red Mojave will look with blue hooks...or should I swap in my
orange hooks??

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
I just picked up a new takeoff Mopar Steel 392 bumper for my Mojave. I guess I'm going to be sorting some of these fitment issues out. Trim or just drop the bracket down one hold. Also,
I wonder how my Firecracker Red Mojave will look with blue hooks...or should I swap in my
orange hooks??
It's a PITA to swap the hooks but it can be done.

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ Maintain the Orange... its a Mojave signature.
Sponsored