First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
Nautical Ventures Store Manager
Bumper swap completed. I did have to drill the two mounting tabs on the LED light slightly larger to get the aftermarket bracket to fit snug against the light. Others have drilled the hole in the metal bracket larger.
Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper 7E7E0C54-445F-4637-8EA4-A3EFB17C35C6

Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper A767F325-4508-47A0-8AAE-5A085EA10CF1
Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper 7E7E0C54-445F-4637-8EA4-A3EFB17C35C6
Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper A767F325-4508-47A0-8AAE-5A085EA10CF1
Sponsored

JUPITER GLADIATOR

First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
Nautical Ventures Store Manager
Did you guys notice on today's release of the 2024 Gladiator that the Mojave drove onto the stage with a steel Rubicon bumper? mmmmmm.....I assume they are using the steel bumper skid plate also as I did not see any silver under the truck...

I just found this on the web:

New trims include the Mojave X and Rubican X models that add steel bumpers, an integrated off-road camera and power Nappa leather seats.

Last edited:

JaErikson

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Yes, noticed that and the Rubicon skid plateā€¦

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Steel Bumpers are an option now for Mojave. It's a single option - gets you the front and rear. Probably be around $2k I bet.

JaErikson

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Retired
ā€¦ and itā€™s also carrying the Rubicon rear bed railsā€¦

Sponsored

tarndesigns

First Name
Tom Tarn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Those of you who cut your steel bumper to accommodate the Mojave skid plate ... what tool did you use to do this?

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Those of you who cut your steel bumper to accommodate the Mojave skid plate ... what tool did you use to do this?
I used a Milwaukee Saws-All with a good quality Morse brand 18 tooth per inch bi-metal blade. It cuts the bumper, & mount bracket material very easily. If you don't have a Saws-All, you could also use a jig saw with a bi-metal blade that should give the same results.

To help prevent the saw from scratching the powder coat finish on the bumper while making the cuts, I applied several layers of duct tape to the bottom surface of the saw's guide foot so that it wouldn't scratch the finish on the bumper while making the cuts.

Here is a link to my post showing the steps I used for the trim job.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...with-the-mopar-steel-bumper.32427/post-846785

Hope this is a help.
Dave

tarndesigns

First Name
Tom Tarn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I used a Milwaukee Saws-All with a good quality Morse brand 18 tooth per inch bi-metal blade. It cuts the bumper, & mount bracket material very easily. If you don't have a Saws-All, you could also use a jig saw with a bi-metal blade that should give the same results.

To help prevent the saw from scratching the powder coat finish on the bumper while making the cuts, I applied several layers of duct tape to the bottom surface of the saw's guide foot so that it wouldn't scratch the finish on the bumper while making the cuts.

Here is a link to my post showing the steps I used for the trim job.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...with-the-mopar-steel-bumper.32427/post-846785

Hope this is a help.
Dave
thereā€™s no way a dremel would be able to cut through it right?

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
thereā€™s no way a dremel would be able to cut through it right?
It's way too thick for a dremel tool using a cutoff wheel.
Sponsored