First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
The shop light is against the grill. I couldn't wait until Tuesday to fab some new brackets. So I took a Metabo to the factory brackets. That will now not allow me to catch these bolt holes.

20200906_134956.jpg
So the only thing you had to do is modify the two brackets. You have a pic of the final put together.
Sponsored

Mojave1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
I had trim a tiny bit off the bumper. I can take a picture from the top down to show were I cleaned it up, but no this way I didn't have to alter the Mojave skid in any way whatsoever.

20200908_193723.jpg

MSGEngineering

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
I had trim a tiny bit off the bumper. I can take a picture from the top down to show were I cleaned it up, but no this way I didn't have to alter the Mojave skid in any way whatsoever.

Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper 20200908_193723
Please do. Looks great.

Mojave1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Please do. Looks great.
So this is a pic before I trimmed it. If you look close at the inside corners of the opening you can see the yellow crayon marks. I basically squared those angled corners up to 90°. Then the skid slid right up into place. I can take a after shot too and post it. I

20200905_200724.jpg

MSGEngineering

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
So this is a pic before I trimmed it. If you look close at the inside corners of the opening you can see the yellow crayon marks. I basically squared those angled corners up to 90°. Then the skid slid right up into place. I can take a after shot too and post it. I

Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper 20200905_200724
So that cut is the only modification you had to make. Everything else, brackets and skid remain I modified. If so, awesome... I’m doing this mod this weekend.

Sponsored

MSGEngineering

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
So that cut is the only modification you had to make. Everything else, brackets and skid remain I modified. If so, awesome... I’m doing this mod this weekend.
Follow up question. Was it pain swapping the hooks?

GtownTX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Power Wagon, Durango RT, Commander
Occupation
Tech
It's a bit tedious to swap the hooks...but a must do unless you want to repaint the top of the red hooks orange....or mismatch :)

Mojave1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
No not at all. The hooks were simple. So I did trim radius off the factory brackets rather than make new ones. It was simple and quick. That moved the skid back about a 1/2 inch though. I wasn't able to catch the four smaller bolt holes in bumper now. The skid was never attached there anyways though. I just figured they were there and I drilled four holes in the skid I could utilize them too. The skid is untouched and in the factory location again this way though. You can see the yellow marks where I trimmed the bumper to get the skid to tuck back in.

20200909_201537.jpg

20200909_201529.jpg

Sponsored

Mojave1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Thanks for the info. Very helpful.
Thank you,, glad to help. I've been wanting to do this since I ordered my Mojave. I knew it would bolt up to the frame horns with the eight bolts that go through the tow hooks. I just had to figure out the skid plate. There are a few different ways it can be done. You just have to figure out what way works best for you. On a side note they have these bumpers back in stock on Ebay for $434 shipped BNIB. This includes fogs(unfortunately not factory fogs) , Rubicon Red tow hooks, Brush guard, and a Winch plate!

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Thank you,, glad to help. I've been wanting to do this since I ordered my Mojave. I knew it would bolt up to the frame horns with the eight bolts that go through the tow hooks. I just had to figure out the skid plate. There are a few different ways it can be done. You just have to figure out what way works best for you. On a side note they have these bumpers back in stock on Ebay for $434 shipped BNIB. This includes fogs(unfortunately not factory fogs) , Rubicon Red tow hooks, Brush guard, and a Winch plate!
Did you use the eBay bumper you mentioned? If so how was the quality? I want to get a steel Rubicon bumper to replace the plastic one and that’s a hell of a deal so I’m definitely interested.
Thanks.

OshnDoc

First Name
Arne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Oceanographer
Subscribed. Great thread.

Mojave1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Did you use the eBay bumper you mentioned? If so how was the quality? I want to get a steel Rubicon bumper to replace the plastic one and that’s a hell of a deal so I’m definitely interested.
Thanks.
Yes I did. I have no problems with it whatsoever. We
Thanks.
Yes I did. It was fine. They even give you brackets to switch out the included aftermarket fogs for the factory ones. I had to trim it a little with a small cutoff wheel on a Dremel. Its a great deal. By the time I sell my factory bumper and the Red Rubicon hooks included (I already sold the aftermarket fogs) I pretty much got the bumper, end caps, winch plate, and brush guard for free. There were no instructions (I don't know if thats normal), but it's easy to figure everything out.

Front Runner

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Insurance
Does the eBay bumper offer options without sensor holes in the front? All I see is one with holes.
Sponsored