System updates

EOD-JTRubi

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Hey everyone I was just wondering if there was a way to tell when system are sent out. I was messing with the dash on my way to the airport and noticed the current MPG does just got to 30+ anymore ( it now shows an exact number in green).

I was just curious when this got pushed out and if there were known update lists so we could see changes.

Thanks and picture attached for reference.
IMG_20200108_141702.jpg
Sponsored

Tlhicks

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone I was just wondering if there was a way to tell when system are sent out. I was messing with the dash on my way to the airport and noticed the current MPG does just got to 30+ anymore ( it now shows an exact number in green).

I was just curious when this got pushed out and if there were known update lists so we could see changes.

Thanks and picture attached for reference.
IMG_20200108_141702.jpg
That is not from an update. There are 2 modes of the current MPG it is changed by hitting the left or right arrows on the left steering wheel control.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EOD-JTRubi

EOD-JTRubi

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
That is not from an update. There are 2 modes of the current MPG it is changed by hitting the left or right arrows on the left steering wheel control.
Interesting thanks. Wonder when I accidently switched it.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
I drive like a grandma and I'm lucky to get 13mpg.
15mpg from the day areo stuff came off, bumper and 35's went on. I'm also a slow driver, never in a hurry when driving my JT. I LOVE IT!!!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
With an Overland? What tires and wheels did you put on it?
The lowest average I have done is 19. The highest average on a tank 21. I typically run around 20 when I don't do remote starts to warm up or the temps are 30 or above. It's 18-19 when it's in the teens and 20s.
I have not yet seen a tank where I got less than 19. This one MAY end up in the higher 18s and if it does, that would be the lowest.
Totally bone stock Overland including stock tires. (well I did add splash guards and front receiver and sill guards)

Sponsored

Seansmd

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiaator Rubicon 2020, 2018 Audi SQ5, 1967 Camaro RS/SS
Occupation
Tech
Interesting thanks. Wonder when I accidently switched it.
its pretty easy to inadvertently switch it just left and right on the left steering wheel menu.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Based on the first diesel wrangler results I fully expect the diesel JT will be able to get 29 or more highway.

unrelated just excited

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
With an Overland? What tires and wheels did you put on it?
The lowest average I have done is 19. The highest average on a tank 21. I typically run around 20 when I don't do remote starts to warm up or the temps are 30 or above. It's 18-19 when it's in the teens and 20s.
I have not yet seen a tank where I got less than 19. This one MAY end up in the higher 18s and if it does, that would be the lowest.
Totally bone stock Overland including stock tires. (well I did add splash guards and front receiver and sill guards)
I have it on 35's and stock wheels, but I also never drive on the highway almost all of my driving is local stop and go.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have it on 35's and stock wheels, but I also never drive on the highway almost all of my driving is local stop and go.
Most of my "highway" is 45 mph to town, some freeway at 60 once I hit Des Moines. Only half of my driving is 45 or above. And of that half, about 2/3 of that is over 45. So it's a mix. I have to drive 10 miles rural winding roads just to get to a highway to go over 40 or 45.
Dunno how it would do if I lived in town and didn't go over 40. On the highway I bet the 35s wouldn't matter much other than maybe spending less time in 8th. But in town, I can see that dropping things a bit - takes more to get going as you've increased the load on the engine taking off from stops.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Rubicon here, so I have worse gearing (4.10s) for mileage. Running on 35s. Speedometer (and thus odometer and all other gauges/calculations depending on miles driven) are accurate--calibration checked against two other devices. Last week I got over 17 (numbers I cite are hand calculated) with 100% around town driving. Few weeks back my best mileage at 75 MPH to Houston in good weather (IOW, wouldn't affect the performance in any significant way) was over 20 MPG. Heck, in my JK around town, which also has 35s with 4.88 gears and the miserable 3.8L motor and weighs 5500 to 6000 pounds around town because it's a fully equipped overlanding build, I still get 13.5 MPG on average. For the record, I buy 87 minimum octane gas everywhere unless it's not available (in the distant parts of North America I travel, you're lucky to find gas at all sometimes). There's either something amiss with your Gladiator, or they way you're determining your MPG.

Arizona Explorations, May 14, 7_4346, Jeep and Totem Poles.jpg
Sponsored