First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 White Mojave
Occupation
See User Name šŸ˜
I bought a Tazer Mini on black Friday. I noticed it talks about updating prior to install. Does anyone have a solution for updates if you don't have a computer? I have an iPad Air if that helps? Has anyone updated their Tazer with a IPad? Of course I could just install and maybe miss out on any upgrades?
Installing or plugging into a 2023 Mojave. Thanks
Sponsored

James H

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Jack of all tirades
You'll need to plug it into a USB to get the updates.

HankB

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport, Porsche Panamera 4S
Occupation
Retired
The Tazer updating process is web based. There is no local operating system app involved. The only difference between using a Tazer on a Mac and a PC is in the user interface appearance. So if you have a newer iPad with a USB-C port, all you should need is a cable that matches the Tazerā€™s port and the USB C on the iPad. If you have a lightening port iPad, the Tazer cable should work through a lightening to USB B adapter. If you have a 36 pin iPad, I donā€™t know what to tell you.

OP
OP
Bakerboy

Bakerboy

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 White Mojave
Occupation
See User Name šŸ˜
The Tazer updating process is web based. There is no local operating system app involved. The only difference between using a Tazer on a Mac and a PC is in the user interface appearance. So if you have a newer iPad with a USB-C port, all you should need is a cable that matches the Tazerā€™s port and the USB C on the iPad. If you have a lightening port iPad, the Tazer cable should work through a lightening to USB B adapter. If you have a 36 pin iPad, I donā€™t know what to tell you.
Thanks I tried, but looks like you still need to download something from them to help install. I emailed them. Hope to hear something on Monday.

RHRT

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Jeep Owner
You can plug the Tazer into your Mojave and bring up the firmware version via the instructions to view what version the Tazer has on it.. I purchased mine about 5 months ago and it had the most current firmware version. Check on the Zautomotive site for your Tazer unitā€˜s firmware To determine if it needs to be updated or not.
Sponsored