Sponsored

Tempted by a bronco

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
TrailRecon and the Litebrite folks traded theirs in already-- not that it means much, but their take is somewhat interesting.
Did Brad at TrailRecon post anything on why he got rid of it? Could not find any video directly on his YT channel.

I know a lot of these automotive Youtubers are only about the positive of anything they have as feature content and refrain from speaking of the negative or harsh negative to keep the door open for industry access and sponsorship.
Sponsored

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Did Brad at TrailRecon post anything on why he got rid of it? Could not find any video directly on his YT channel.

I know a lot of these automotive Youtubers are only about the positive of anything they have as feature content and refrain from speaking of the negative or harsh negative to keep the door open for industry access and sponsorship.
It was a "raw" coffee cut or something. Maybe he didn't get rid of it, maybe it was a discussion on what he likes better. The long and short is that the 392 is his jam, and just liked it more. It's a decent enough discussion, I liked it. I find Brad to be overly obsequious to the point of being annoying, but I give him credit for the discussion.

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
Bronco was my first choice but the long lead time and the ongoing qc issues made me decide against it

Tbanks

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Looking at a 2.3 black diamond with additional mid package, modular bumper, and tow package.

Are there any glaring short comings compared to my willys such as drive train or suspension issues? The way I'm seeing it now is the black diamond matches what I have and adds a few things I want to add.

What I gain:
wash out floor - intend to add armorlite in my jeep eventually
marine grade vinyl seats - looking at similar material seat covers for my jeep
rear locker - lsd in my jeep
I like the look of the bronco(opinion)

What I lose
truck bed - pretty big deal but I figure I actually use the bed to capacity once in a blue moon, borrowing a small utility trailer from a family member seems to fix that issue
hard top - I think there will be a significant increase in noise but I have looked many times at moving to a soft top on my jeep. Removing my hard top is not necessarily taxing but it would be nice to have a simple fold down and quick deployment that travels with me
premium audio

I really like my jeep and the only thing other than rubicon or majave gladiator that would get me out of my current truck is a bronco.

This all really depends on how much the deal wants to deal with me. I'm looking at roughly 1-2k increase on my note after trade in.
Broncos are trash buckets. Let me guess your daily driver is a prius

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
My ordered Bronco Black Diamond got to the dealer last week. Going in tomorrow. Don't have high hopes of doing a deal since trade values have plummeted. I'm not that broken hearted.

This is my Bronco coming off the line.

Jeep Gladiator Tempted by a bronco CFB5FB23-2B3F-4607-A99E-11D904DA6A57

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
^^ that’s pretty cool Ford gives you a picture of your vehicle coming off the line.

coalcracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2007 2-door Wrangler X
It was a "raw" coffee cut or something. Maybe he didn't get rid of it, maybe it was a discussion on what he likes better. The long and short is that the 392 is his jam, and just liked it more. It's a decent enough discussion, I liked it. I find Brad to be overly obsequious to the point of being annoying, but I give him credit for the discussion.
Pretty sure I saw this as well and funny you mention your opinion about Brad because I have similar feelings. But I think that video came up as a YouTube suggestion and I watched it. Pretty sure he said he liked the Jeep 392 more, but that his only real complaint about the Bronco was the soft top, and that he felt it was poorly done, too noisy, a pain to take on and off, etc.

For what it's worth, I like the Bronco. I don't want one, but glad to have it available as another option in the market. Might spur some good competition.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I'm really tempted by the Heritage Edition with the Sasquatch right now

$10k cheaper than a equivalent Wrangler Rubicon with styling that I LOVE

Jeep Gladiator Tempted by a bronco 1665248481300

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
He still has it

He got rid of the 4Xe

TwoSerious

First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Telecommunications Systems Technician
Own both and definitely think you really cant go wrong with either. Mainly for the Gladiator cause I wanted a truck I could take wheeling. The Bronco is the more comfortable ride definitely and we're we have taken it so far it's preformed well off-road. Biggest issue for me is the soft top. It's nice that it folds all the way back but just quality and design seem like it could use some work. Oh the the rear AC vents are trash. Instead of a center console setup they opted for some under seat vents. Other than that it's been a blast. Best summary I've seen is that a Wrangler/gladiator is an off-road vehicle that you can drive on the street and the bronco is a street vehicle you can take of road.

Just some vehicle info to end it
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch and 35s.
Sponsored