Sponsored

RichDSport

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Rubicon, Mini
These are the straps I had shipped to me. Anyone know how they’re supposed to work? I think maybe they sent me the wrong ones.
I suppose I can just take the metal assembly apart and screw in just the strap as shown in the instructions.
Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy A99A72FA-6AAB-425C-9B79-2143938EDB56
Sponsored

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
These are the straps I had shipped to me. Anyone know how they’re supposed to work? I think maybe they sent me the wrong ones.
I suppose I can just take the metal assembly apart and screw in just the strap as shown in the instructions.
Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy A99A72FA-6AAB-425C-9B79-2143938EDB56
So I'm going to assume that's both ends of 1 continuous strap. If so, it looks like mine minus the c-shaped metal piece on the end of the bolt.

For mine, I simply layered two washers and the eyelet on the end of the strap onto the bolt that held the cover to the bedrails up by the cab. Once you tighten that bolt up, it effectively attaches the strap to the underside of the cover. When you roll the cover up, the other end with the plastic "T" can go up around the cover, and attach to the slot on top of the cover by the cab and then cinch down to hold it rolled up. Works perfectly fine for me.

I didn't have that C-shaped piece though, and I'm not sure why you'd need it.

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
I got the same thingy (the technical term for them) on the straps that shipped to me. I did as the instructions said (attach straps to underside of bolts at bed front) and kept the unused parts to use with eyebolts in the bed cargo rail T-slots as two bonus anchor points.

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
Last edited:

MAR5163JT

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator

Sponsored

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Did you line up the edge of the tonneau at the tailgate with the rail ends? The way I read the instructions was to line up the hard cover with the ends of the rails at the cab. It causes the tailgate side to overlap a little but I get very little water

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MOJAVE, 2018 GC Trailhawk, 1989 Jeep Comanche
Did you line up the edge of the tonneau at the tailgate with the rail ends? The way I read the instructions was to line up the hard cover with the ends of the rails at the cab. It causes the tailgate side to overlap a little but I get very little water
I think I have it lined up almost perfect, but I am going to mess around with it this weekend and see if I can adjust it or maybe just add some seal tape.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
I think I have it lined up almost perfect, but I am going to mess around with it this weekend and see if I can adjust it or maybe just add some seal tape.
Let me know if its still leaking after adjustment, we may have to look into some new seals

JTNARJ

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Altitude
Alex I shot you a PM - definitely down for that X4s!