Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Does no one have glass coverage on their insurance? I’m confused, this is like the cheapest part of auto insurance on my policy
In Florida, they are required to replace...at no deductable. However, it is still a claim on your insurance. This is my third in nine months...so I am expecting a slight bump letter soon. It is what it is.
Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
In Florida, they are required to replace...at no deductable. However, it is still a claim on your insurance. This is my third in nine months...so I am expecting a slight bump letter soon. It is what it is.
Odd, because I did 2 replacements and a fix in a year for the Audi and no bump from geico. All with OEM glass (which was a bit of a fight, but still no increase)

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Odd, because I did 2 replacements and a fix in a year for the Audi and no bump from geico. All with OEM glass (which was a bit of a fight, but still no increase)
It is possible I don't get a bump....and I really can't be mad if they do. I am cool either way. Hitting me for another $30 is not bad compared to $1900 in windshields :)

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Sure. The question is: how often do you want to use it? On my JK, a new windshield is only $200. I don’t carry glass for it because it’s not worth dinging my insurance with a claim over that amount.

Jeeps get broken windshields. Some people seem to get a lot of them. But everyone will get some, especially if you’re actually going interesting places.

So let’s say you’re lucky-ish and you get one broken windshield on your Gladiator every two years. Are you going to file on your insurance every time? I know people say “glass claims won’t affect your rates,” but I promise that they’ll notice if they have to keep buying you $900 windshields.

Do it enough and rates will go up. At least, without the Big Box, it’s not too painful to just pay out of pocket.

I’m not saying it’s reason enough to not get the BB, but it’s something to consider.
Your insurance will go up a hell of a lot more if you get into an accident that the collision warning/auto stop could have prevented, but it's up to each individual. I find the ACC well worth it, makes my commute and long trips easier.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Your insurance will go up a hell of a lot more if you get into an accident that the collision warning/auto stop could have prevented, but it's up to each individual. I find the ACC well worth it, makes my commute and long trips easier.
It's a miracle we ever survived without it.